|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how long after Saeed first asks Nadia to coffee, do they have coffee in the cafeteria?
(a) Next day.
(b) 4 days.
(c) Following week.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. In Chapter 4, what merchants disappear that Saeed's mother knew?
(a) Man who ran the vegetable stand and butcher.
(b) Fruit seller and baker.
(c) Coffee merchant and fish monger.
(d) Butcher and man who dyed fabrics.
3. In Chapter 5, where do Nadia and Saeed meet an agent?
(a) Nadia's old apartment.
(b) Burnt-out shopping center.
(c) Village market.
(d) Burnt-out school.
4. In Chapter 5, who emerges from an interior service door?
(a) Parents and 3 children.
(b) Mother, father, daughter, and son.
(c) Parents and 4 children.
(d) Father, daughters, and sons.
5. In Chapter 2, whose grave do Nadia and Saeed visit?
(a) Her uncle's.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her grandfather's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, where do Nadia and Saeed begin to meet during the day?
2. In Chapter 3, what do Saeed and Nadia have on the night they first become physically intimate?
3. How many rooms do Saeed and his parents have in their flat?
4. In Chapter 3, how many weekends after the curfew are Nadia and Saeed able to meet?
5. What was Nadia's favorite subject when she was a child?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)