• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Hamid, Mohsin, Exit West: A Novel. Riverhead Books, 2017.
• In an unknown city, a young man named Saeed and a young woman named Nadia are both taking a class in “corporate identity and product branding."
• Saeed has a carefully maintained stubble on his face, and Nadia wears a long black robe from her neck to her toes.
• Saeed notices Nadia and asks her to coffee.
• She teases him and asks him if he prays.
• He fumbles for an answer and tells her that prayer is a persona choice and he does not always pray.
• Nadia tells him she does not pray.
• Saeed is surprised when he sees her in the student parking lot putting on a motorcycle helmet and ridding off on a 100cc motorbike.
• Saeed works at an agency that specializes in outdoor advertisement...
This section contains 4,211 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)