|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sense is the focus of Gustatory?
2. What is West Indian replacing in Exercises in Style?
3. How is the overcoat described in Visual?
(a) Navy blue.
(c) Musty, like the back of a closet after a long summer.
(d) Rasping with the movement of walking.
4. To what animal is the man's neck compared in Zoological?
5. What language is used in Dog Latin?
(a) Pig Latin.
(c) Standard Latin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the passengers described in Medical?
2. How does the narrator describe the bus conductor in Reactionary?
3. What sense is the focus of Olfactory?
4. How are the events related in Mathematical?
5. How is the bus identified in Proper Names?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the author ends Exercises in Style with the variation "Unexpected?"
2. What is a haiku and how is it used in Exercises in Style?
3. What makes the narrator in the variation "Biased" a biased narrator?
4. Compare and contrast "Back Slang" and "Dog Latin."
5. Explain the variation "Reactionary," and why it is titled "Reactionary."
6. Why do you think the author includes the variation "Feminine?"
7. What is apostrophe in literature? How is it used in the variation "Apostrophe?"
8. Explain how the basic story is changed in "Antiphrasis."
9. Explain the variation "Consequences."
10. Explain how the author can write the variation "Gustatory" without tasting anything that happens in the story?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)