|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator of Probabilist, what is not likely to occur?
(a) The first and second man will become friends.
(b) The hat's ribbon will be replaced.
(c) The man will move the button on his overcoat.
(d) A third encounter.
2. In what style is Spectral written?
(a) Gothic novel.
(d) Science fiction novel.
3. How are the passengers described in Medical?
(b) Stretcher cases.
(d) Ambulance chasers.
4. What is characteristic about the events in Antiphrasis?
(a) There are no events described in Antiphrasis.
(b) The events are believed to have occurred several times already.
(c) They are described in the exact reverse order of the basic story.
(d) They are described as the opposite of the basic story.
5. What is the date of writing of Spectral?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the man's feet described in Free Verse?
2. What is one characteristic of Philosophic?
3. What terminology characterizes Botanical?
4. What makes Epenthesis difficult to read?
5. What does the narrator of Biased notice about the nearby passengers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the variation "Abusive" so confrontational?
2. Why do you think the author includes the variation "Interjections?"
3. Why do you think the author writes a separate variation for each of the five senses?
4. Why do you think the author includes the variation "Feminine?"
5. Why do you think the author ends Exercises in Style with the variation "Unexpected?"
6. Explain how "Ode" is different from the rest of the variations.
7. What is the style of the variation "Modern Style?" How do you know?
8. Explain how the author can write the variation "Gustatory" without tasting anything that happens in the story?
9. Explain the variation "Olfactory."
10. Why are the variations in Section 8 put together?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)