|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the bus identified in Proper Names?
2. What makes Prosthesis difficult to read?
(a) Letters omitted from the ends of the words.
(b) Letters added to the beginnings of the words.
(c) Letters added to the ends of the words.
(d) Letters added to the middles of words.
3. What is used throughout Futile?
(a) Clipped phrases.
(c) Rich descriptions.
(d) Rhetorical questions.
4. What variation is Opera English replacing in Exercises in Style?
(a) West Indian.
5. How are the man's feet described in Free Verse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sense is the focus of Tactile?
2. What terminology is used in Gastronomical?
3. How is the overcoat described in Visual?
4. What is one characteristic of Telegraphic?
5. What language is English blended with in Gallicisms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the author can write the variation "Gustatory" without tasting anything that happens in the story?
2. Why do you think the author includes the variation "Interjections?"
3. What is a haiku and how is it used in Exercises in Style?
4. Why does Raymond Queneau include variations containing unintelligible words and phrases, such as in the "Permutations" variations?
5. What is apostrophe in literature? How is it used in the variation "Apostrophe?"
6. Why do you think the author includes the variation "Feminine?"
7. Why do you think the author writes a separate variation for each of the five senses?
8. What is the style of the variation "Modern Style?" How do you know?
9. What makes the variation "Abusive" so confrontational?
10. What makes the variation "Awkward" seem awkward?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)