|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is West Indian replacing in Exercises in Style?
2. What language is English blended with in Gallicisms?
(d) West Indian.
3. Why is the narrator of Feminine irritated at the other passengers?
(a) They are all talking loudly.
(b) None of them offer a seat to the narrator.
(c) None of them say hello to the narrator.
(d) They all expect the narrator to give them a seat.
4. Who is Monseiur Andre in Ode?
(a) The second man.
(b) An observer.
(c) The first man.
(d) The bus driver.
5. To what animal is the man's neck compared in Zoological?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one characteristic of Philosophic?
2. What sense is the focus of Olfactory?
3. From what origin are many of the words in Hellenisms?
4. What variation is Consequences replacing in Exercises in Style?
5. How is the man's hat described in Abusive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the variation "Awkward" seem awkward?
2. What is the style of the variation "Modern Style?" How do you know?
3. Explain the variation "Consequences."
4. What makes the narrator in the variation "Biased" a biased narrator?
5. Explain how the author can write the variation "Gustatory" without tasting anything that happens in the story?
6. What is apostrophe in literature? How is it used in the variation "Apostrophe?"
7. Why is the variation "For Ze Frrensh" considered comical? Why is this variation put in place of "Poor lay Zanglay" in the English version of Exercises in Style?
8. Compare and contrast "Back Slang" and "Dog Latin."
9. Why does Raymond Queneau include variations containing unintelligible words and phrases, such as in the "Permutations" variations?
10. What affect does "Proper Noun" create by replacing common nouns with proper names?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)