|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one characteristic of Philosophic?
(a) Simple sentence structure.
(b) Complicated sentence structure.
(c) All the characters are named.
(d) The events take place on a boat.
2. What terminology characterizes Botanical?
(a) References to architecture.
(b) References to reptiles and amphibians.
(c) References to plants and flowers.
(d) References to mammals.
3. What is one characteristic of Casual?
(a) Vivid descriptions.
(b) Visual comedy.
(c) Frequent dialogue.
(d) Long paragraphs.
4. What is different about the first man in Spectral?
(a) Nothing is different about him.
(b) He is a ghost.
(c) He is a woman.
(d) He is a dog.
5. How is the bus identified in Proper Names?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what origin are many of the words in Hellenisms?
2. What is used throughout Futile?
3. What literary form is Free Verse?
4. What variation is Consequences replacing in Exercises in Style?
5. How is the bus described in Tactile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apostrophe in literature? How is it used in the variation "Apostrophe?"
2. Why might the variation "More or Less" be easier to read aloud?
3. What is a haiku and how is it used in Exercises in Style?
4. Explain how the basic story is changed in "Antiphrasis."
5. What is the style of the variation "Modern Style?" How do you know?
6. Explain how the author can write the variation "Gustatory" without tasting anything that happens in the story?
7. Why is the variation "For Ze Frrensh" considered comical? Why is this variation put in place of "Poor lay Zanglay" in the English version of Exercises in Style?
8. What makes the variation "Awkward" seem awkward?
9. Explain the variation "Reactionary," and why it is titled "Reactionary."
10. What makes the narrator in the variation "Biased" a biased narrator?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)