|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what origin are many of the words in Hellenisms?
2. What sense is the focus of Auditory?
3. What is one characteristic of Parts of Speech?
(a) The first man is given a name.
(b) There is no linear story.
(c) There is no punctuation.
(d) There are no proper nouns.
4. How are the man's feet described in Free Verse?
5. In what style is Spectral written?
(a) Gothic novel.
(c) Science fiction novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sense is the focus of Tactile?
2. Who is Monseiur Andre in Ode?
3. What terminology is used in Gastronomical?
4. What is used throughout Futile?
5. To what animal is the man's neck compared in Zoological?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a haiku and how is it used in Exercises in Style?
2. Explain the variation "Olfactory."
3. What does the author do to the basic story in the variation "Parts of Speech?"
4. Compare and contrast "Back Slang" and "Dog Latin."
5. Why is the variation "For Ze Frrensh" considered comical? Why is this variation put in place of "Poor lay Zanglay" in the English version of Exercises in Style?
6. Why might the variation "More or Less" be easier to read aloud?
7. Why do you think the author includes the variation "Feminine?"
8. Explain how "Ode" is different from the rest of the variations.
9. Why do you think the author writes a separate variation for each of the five senses?
10. What affect does "Proper Noun" create by replacing common nouns with proper names?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)