|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age of the narrator in Reactionary?
(a) A child.
2. Who is revealed to be the young man's friend in Unexpected?
3. What is West Indian replacing in Exercises in Style?
4. What makes Epenthesis difficult to read?
(a) Letters added to the middles of the words.
(b) Letters omitted from the ends of the words.
(c) Letters added to the beginnings of the words.
(d) Letters added to the ends of the words.
5. How does the narrator of Feminine describe the man's friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound is interjected throughout Parechesis?
2. What variation is Consequences replacing in Exercises in Style?
3. Who is Monseiur Andre in Ode?
4. What is characteristic about the events in Antiphrasis?
5. How is the bus described in Visual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What affect does "Proper Noun" create by replacing common nouns with proper names?
2. Compare and contrast "Back Slang" and "Dog Latin."
3. Why do you think the author includes the variation "Interjections?"
4. Explain the variation "Consequences."
5. What is apostrophe in literature? How is it used in the variation "Apostrophe?"
6. What elements of the variation "Spectral" make it gothic?
7. Why might the variation "More or Less" be easier to read aloud?
8. What is a haiku and how is it used in Exercises in Style?
9. Explain the variation "Olfactory."
10. Why are the variations in Section 8 put together?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)