|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the passengers described in Medical?
(a) Stretcher cases.
(d) Ambulance chasers.
2. What makes Prosthesis difficult to read?
(a) Letters added to the middles of words.
(b) Letters added to the ends of the words.
(c) Letters added to the beginnings of the words.
(d) Letters omitted from the ends of the words.
3. What tinges the hat's plaited cord in Gustatory?
(a) The flavor of cocoa.
(b) The leathery feel of weather.
(c) The sweet smell of sweat in the city.
(d) The dingy look of being used too long.
4. What is true about the words used in More or Less?
(a) The letters are out of order in each word.
(b) They are real words.
(c) They are made-up words.
(d) They are written in random order.
5. What is the date of writing of Spectral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one characteristic of Parts of Speech?
2. What letters are mixed up with adjoining words in Spoonerisms?
3. What is different about the first man in Spectral?
4. How is the man's neck described in Gustatory?
5. What language is used in Dog Latin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apostrophe in literature? How is it used in the variation "Apostrophe?"
2. Explain the variation "Olfactory."
3. Why do you think the author writes a separate variation for each of the five senses?
4. What makes the variation "Abusive" so confrontational?
5. What is a haiku and how is it used in Exercises in Style?
6. Explain the variation "Consequences."
7. Why are the variations in Section 8 put together?
8. What elements of the variation "Spectral" make it gothic?
9. Why might the variation "More or Less" be easier to read aloud?
10. What affect does "Proper Noun" create by replacing common nouns with proper names?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)