|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal describes the young man in Portrait?
2. How is the man's neck described in Olfactory?
(c) Disturbingly long.
(d) Long and juvenile.
3. What sense is the focus of Gustatory?
4. What language is used in Dog Latin?
(b) Standard Latin.
(d) Pig Latin.
5. What sense is the focus of Tactile?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age of the narrator in Reactionary?
2. What variation is Gallicisms replacing?
3. What makes Prosthesis difficult to read?
4. What does the narrator of Biased notice about the nearby passengers?
5. What sound is interjected throughout Parechesis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how "Ode" is different from the rest of the variations.
2. What makes the variation "Awkward" seem awkward?
3. Explain the variation "Consequences."
4. What is a haiku and how is it used in Exercises in Style?
5. Why do you think the author ends Exercises in Style with the variation "Unexpected?"
6. Why are the variations in Section 8 put together?
7. Why might the variation "More or Less" be easier to read aloud?
8. Explain how the basic story is changed in "Antiphrasis."
9. Why does Raymond Queneau include variations containing unintelligible words and phrases, such as in the "Permutations" variations?
10. What makes the variation "Abusive" so confrontational?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)