|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal describes the young man in Portrait?
2. What sound is interjected throughout Parechesis?
3. What language is English blended with in Gallicisms?
(b) West Indian.
4. How are the passengers described in Medical?
(a) Ambulance chasers.
(d) Stretcher cases.
5. What variation is Back Slang replacing in Exercises in Style?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Prosthesis difficult to read?
2. According to the narrator of Awkward, what is the most difficult part of writing the story?
3. How many acts are in Opera English?
4. How is the overcoat described in Visual?
5. Who is revealed to be the young man's friend in Unexpected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the variation "Abusive" so confrontational?
2. Explain the variation "Consequences."
3. What does the author do to the basic story in the variation "Parts of Speech?"
4. What affect does "Proper Noun" create by replacing common nouns with proper names?
5. Explain how "Ode" is different from the rest of the variations.
6. Why are the variations in Section 8 put together?
7. Why do you think the author includes the variation "Interjections?"
8. Compare and contrast "Back Slang" and "Dog Latin."
9. Why might the variation "More or Less" be easier to read aloud?
10. What makes the narrator in the variation "Biased" a biased narrator?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)