|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the passengers described in Medical?
(b) Ambulance chasers.
(c) Stretcher cases.
2. What terminology is used in Gastronomical?
(c) Words and phrases dealing with gaseous elements.
3. What language is English blended with in Gallicisms?
(b) West Indian.
4. What sense is the focus of Auditory?
5. Who is Monseiur Andre in Ode?
(a) The second man.
(b) An observer.
(c) The first man.
(d) The bus driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what origin are many of the words in Hellenisms?
2. What sense is the focus of Tactile?
3. What terminology characterizes Botanical?
4. How is the bus described in Visual?
5. How is Telegraphic signed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the author ends Exercises in Style with the variation "Unexpected?"
2. What affect does "Proper Noun" create by replacing common nouns with proper names?
3. Why do you think the author writes a separate variation for each of the five senses?
4. Explain the variation "Consequences."
5. Explain the variation "Reactionary," and why it is titled "Reactionary."
6. Compare and contrast "Back Slang" and "Dog Latin."
7. Why might the variation "More or Less" be easier to read aloud?
8. Explain the variation "Olfactory."
9. What makes the variation "Abusive" so confrontational?
10. Why do you think the author includes the variation "Feminine?"
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)