|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is personified in Noble?
(c) The man's toes.
(d) The hat.
2. What bus does the narrator get on in Past?
(a) Rue Chateau.
(b) Cour de Rome.
(c) Porte Champerret.
(d) Arc de Triomphe.
3. From what nation does the accent in Cockney come?
(b) United States.
4. What is the young man drinking in Metaphorically?
5. How is the hat described in Insistence?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the bus ride is the man seen again by the narrator, according to Double Entry?
2. What is the first variation given in Exercises in Style?
3. What is the young man wearing when he is seen again in Reported Speech?
4. What was one of the characteristics of the young man in Passive?
5. How many words are listed at the start of Word Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a metaphor, and how does it apply to the variation titled "Metaphorically?"
2. How is the story manipulated in "Double Entry?"
3. Explain how the words in parentheses are used in the variation "Word Game."
4. Explain the style used in the variation "Prognostication."
5. What do you learn about the narrator of "Ignorance" from reading the variation?
6. What is common among the narrators in "Speaking Personally," "Exclamations," and "You Know?"
7. Compare and contrast the two "Subjectivity" variations.
8. What does "Another Subjectivity" reveal about the relationship between the young man and the second man?
9. How are the variations "Comedy" and "Asides" alike?
10. Explain some of the differences between "Official Letter" and "Blurb."
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)