|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many variations of the basic story were created by 1942?
2. How is the altercation described in Negativities?
(a) A brawl.
(b) A procession.
(c) A scuffle.
(d) A discussion.
3. What is unusual about the hat in the story?
(a) It is being worn during the day.
(b) It has a cord.
(c) It is felt.
(d) It has a ribbon.
4. What is the point of view of Present?
(a) Second-person present tense.
(b) Third-person present tense.
(c) Third-person past tense.
(d) First-person present tense.
5. From what did the young man suffer in Alexandrines?
(b) A limp.
(c) Hand tremors.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Surprises, what was the young man doing?
2. Where was the narrator when he saw the man again in Past?
3. What was the man talking about with a friend later, according to Litotes?
4. What is the focus of Animism?
5. Who did the young man speak to, according to Litotes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Wright says Exercises in Style was one of the books Queneau wanted translated. What is her reaction?
2. What does the use of onomatopoeia in the variation "Onomatopoeia" accomplish for the reader?
3. Explain some of the differences between "Official Letter" and "Blurb."
4. Why do you think the variation "Noble" is titled "Noble?"
5. How are the variations "Comedy" and "Asides" alike?
6. Why is the first variation in Section 3 called "Surprises?"
7. Explain the variation "Cross Examination."
8. Explain passive voice as used in the variation "Passive."
9. How and why does the author use parentheses so frequently in "Distinguo?"
10. How does the author make the variation "Insistence" seem insistent to the reader?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)