|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the overcoat described in Visual?
(a) Musty, like the back of a closet after a long summer.
(c) Rasping with the movement of walking.
(d) Navy blue.
2. What is true about the words used in More or Less?
(a) They are real words.
(b) They are made-up words.
(c) They are written in random order.
(d) The letters are out of order in each word.
3. According to the narrator of Awkward, what is the most difficult part of writing the story?
(a) The climax.
(b) The exposition.
(c) The denouement.
(d) The transition.
4. What sound is interjected throughout Parechesis?
5. How is the bus described in Tactile?
(b) Low and rumbling, like approaching thunder.
(c) Metallic-tasting, like a fork.
(d) Steely gray.
6. What does the narrator of Biased notice about the nearby passengers?
(a) They are all reading newspapers.
(b) They are all female.
(c) They are all carrying briefcases.
(d) They are all male.
7. Why are the Permutations exercises virtually incomprehensible?
(a) The words are written in French.
(b) They break down the words.
(c) The words are out of order in the sentences.
(d) The words are chosen at random.
8. According to the narrator of Probabilist, what is not likely to occur?
(a) The man will move the button on his overcoat.
(b) The hat's ribbon will be replaced.
(c) The first and second man will become friends.
(d) A third encounter.
9. What is different about the first man in Spectral?
(a) He is a dog.
(b) He is a ghost.
(c) Nothing is different about him.
(d) He is a woman.
10. What makes Prosthesis difficult to read?
(a) Letters omitted from the ends of the words.
(b) Letters added to the beginnings of the words.
(c) Letters added to the ends of the words.
(d) Letters added to the middles of words.
11. What terminology characterizes Botanical?
(a) References to architecture.
(b) References to mammals.
(c) References to reptiles and amphibians.
(d) References to plants and flowers.
12. What is one characteristic of Parts of Speech?
(a) There is no punctuation.
(b) There are no proper nouns.
(c) The first man is given a name.
(d) There is no linear story.
13. How is Telegraphic signed?
(c) Dr. Queneau.
14. What animal describes the young man in Portrait?
15. What letters are mixed up with adjoining words in Spoonerisms?
(a) All of them.
(b) The first.
(c) The last.
(d) The middle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the button in Philosophic?
2. How many acts are in Opera English?
3. What variation is Gallicisms replacing?
4. In what style is Spectral written?
5. What variation is Consequences replacing in Exercises in Style?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)