|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what nation does the accent in Cockney come?
(d) United States.
2. What expertise does the witness have in Cross Examination?
3. What is the point of view of Present?
(a) Third-person present tense.
(b) Third-person past tense.
(c) Second-person present tense.
(d) First-person present tense.
4. At what time of day does the story take place, according to Double Entry?
(a) Before the sun set.
(b) Sometime after ten.
(d) Rush hour.
5. On what bus does the story take place?
6. According to the narrator in Surprises, what was the young man doing?
(a) Trying to read his map.
(b) Trying to sew a button on his lapel.
(c) Trying to pick a quarrel.
(d) Trying to find a seat on the bus.
7. How is the man's neck described in Prognostication?
(b) Ridiculously long.
(c) Like a swan's.
8. How are the asides denoted in Asides?
(a) By italics.
(b) By capitalizing them.
(c) By bolding them.
(d) By underlining them.
9. How many members are in the organization Raymond Queaneau is a member of?
(d) There is not an exact number.
10. What does the friend tell the young man he should do in Word-Composition?
(a) Whyexplain your argument.
(b) Give up on the plaitroundthehatted greenhorn.
(c) Buttonsupplement your overcoat.
(d) Longisthmusical your afternoon.
11. What replaced the ribbon on the hat in Dream?
(a) Some cotton from an apron string.
(b) A piece of plaited string.
(c) A bit of crafter's twine.
12. What publication is the translation based on?
(a) The original 1947 English.
(b) The original 1947 French.
(c) The original 1946 British.
(d) The original 1952 Greek.
13. What sound is interjected throughout Homeoptotes?
14. What is the overall impression of the novel, according to Blurb?
15. What word is frequently seen in Speaking Personally?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator see the man again in Anagrams?
2. What should a newcomer not be confused with in Distinguo?
3. What family member of the narrator is mentioned in Ignorance?
4. Where was the narrator when he saw the man again in Past?
5. What bus does the narrator get on in Past?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)