|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one substitution made in the book from the original?
(c) West Indian.
2. What is the prominent feature in Surprises?
(b) Question marks.
(d) Exclamation points.
3. Where did the narrator meet the man in Retrograde?
(a) A train station.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) An S bus.
(d) The Cour de Rome.
4. Who did the young man speak to, according to Litotes?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A seated woman.
(c) The bus driver.
(d) The man next to him.
5. How is the man's overcoat described in The Rainbow?
(a) Lacking a button.
6. What comparison does the narrator make about himself in Noble?
(a) East Indian.
(c) Red Indian.
7. Who or what sat down in Animism?
(a) The hat.
(b) The second man.
(c) The overcoat.
(d) The first man.
8. According to the Preface, what is Raymond Queaneau a member of?
(b) The Academie Goncourt.
(c) The Romance Writers of America.
(d) The Knights of Columbus.
9. What similarity does The Subjective Side share with Retrograde?
(a) Both give the name of the young man.
(b) Both are told in reverse.
(c) The two versions share a narrator.
(d) Both include many quotations.
10. From where are letters and syllables missing in Apheresis?
(a) The ends of words.
(b) The middle of words.
(c) The beginnings of words.
(d) The beginnings of sentences.
11. On what bus does the story take place?
12. From where are letters and syllables missing in Apocope?
(a) The beginning of sentences.
(b) The end of words.
(c) The middle of words.
(d) The beginning of words.
13. How many variations of the basic story were created by 1946?
14. From what nation does the accent in Cockney come?
(c) United States.
15. Who is the narrator of Exclamations?
(a) The first man.
(b) The second man.
(c) An apathetic observer.
(d) An excited observer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What needed to be added to the man's overcoat in Homeoptotes?
2. What is the young man drinking in Metaphorically?
3. What was the man talking about with a friend later, according to Litotes?
4. What makes Synchysis more difficult to read?
5. How does the narrator describe the man's hat in Speaking Personally?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)