|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the friend tell the young man he should do in Word-Composition?
(a) Whyexplain your argument.
(b) Buttonsupplement your overcoat.
(c) Give up on the plaitroundthehatted greenhorn.
(d) Longisthmusical your afternoon.
2. Who did the young man speak to, according to Litotes?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) The narrator.
(c) A seated woman.
(d) The man next to him.
3. What exercise does Cockney replace in Exercises in Style?
(c) Southern Drawl.
4. What is the narrator not displeased with in The Subjective Side?
(a) The state of affairs in his hometown.
(b) The weather.
(c) His attire that day.
(d) His wife.
5. What word is misspelled and corrected in Official Letter?
6. What was one of the characteristics of the young man in Passive?
(a) An arrogant attitude.
(b) A long neck.
(c) A whiny voice.
(d) A limp.
7. What was the young man's complaint in Word-Composition?
(a) You're massitudinarily in the aisle.
(b) You're lutetioing me.
(c) You're jostleseeming me.
(d) You're lazaresquaring me.
8. What is the focus of Animism?
(a) The first man's overcoat.
(b) The second man's shoes.
(c) The bus driver's seat.
(d) The first man's hat.
9. What word replaces all personal nouns and pronouns in Polyptotes?
10. What needs to be repaired on the man's coat?
(a) A button.
(b) A zipper.
(c) A rip in the left pocket.
(d) A hole at the shoulder.
11. What sound is interjected throughout Homeoptotes?
12. How is the voice of the man described in Insistence?
13. What family member of the narrator is mentioned in Ignorance?
14. What was the man doing two hours later in Narrative?
(a) Following the second man.
(b) Looking for a tailor shop.
(c) Having a conversation.
(d) Waiting for another bus.
15. Where was the narrator when he saw the man again in Past?
(a) On the street.
(b) On a bus.
(c) In an apartment.
(d) In a cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many variations of the basic story were created by 1942?
2. What was happening to the passengers in Passive?
3. Who was the man with when the narrator of You Know sees him later?
4. What complaint does the man have in Polyptotes?
5. Who told the story to the narrator of Reported Speech?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)