|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what did the young man suffer in Alexandrines?
(a) Hand tremors.
(c) A limp.
2. What was the young man's complaint in Word-Composition?
(a) You're lutetioing me.
(b) You're massitudinarily in the aisle.
(c) You're lazaresquaring me.
(d) You're jostleseeming me.
3. What is one characteristic of Philosophic?
(a) The events take place on a boat.
(b) Complicated sentence structure.
(c) Simple sentence structure.
(d) All the characters are named.
4. What exercise does Cockney replace in Exercises in Style?
(b) Southern Drawl.
5. What is used throughout Futile?
(a) Clipped phrases.
(b) Rhetorical questions.
(d) Rich descriptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what nation does the accent in Cockney come?
2. How is the man's neck described in Noble?
3. How many acts are in Comedy?
4. What is the third reaction given when the author of the Preface explains what work is being done?
5. What variation is Gallicisms replacing?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)