|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Precision?
(a) The description of the man's hat is a paragraph long.
(b) The details are very exact.
(c) The details are very vague.
(d) There are no details given.
2. What word replaces all personal nouns and pronouns in Polyptotes?
3. How is the hat described in Insistence?
4. According to the narrator in Surprises, what was the young man doing?
(a) Trying to read his map.
(b) Trying to pick a quarrel.
(c) Trying to find a seat on the bus.
(d) Trying to sew a button on his lapel.
5. What publication is the translation based on?
(a) The original 1946 British.
(b) The original 1947 English.
(c) The original 1947 French.
(d) The original 1952 Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one characteristic of Casual?
2. What is one set of exercises mentioned in the possible exercises in style list?
3. How are the asides denoted in Asides?
4. From where are letters and syllables missing in Syncope?
5. What is unusual about Litotes?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)