|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prominent feature in Surprises?
(b) Exclamation points.
(c) Question marks.
2. At what time of day does the story take place, according to Double Entry?
(a) Before the sun set.
(b) Sometime after ten.
(c) Rush hour.
3. What is the Preface based on?
(a) A talk given in 1958.
(b) A letter by Barbara Wright.
(c) A letter by Raymond Queneau.
(d) The basic story of Exercises in Style.
4. Who wrote "Notes for the 1981 American Paperback Edition"?
(a) Raymond Queneau.
(b) Raymond Carver.
(c) Barbara Wright.
(d) A. S. Byatt.
5. What is one set of exercises mentioned in the possible exercises in style list?
(a) The Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) The Psalms.
(c) A Day in the Life of a Writer.
(d) The Days of the Week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the young man described in Litotes?
2. Where did the narrator meet the man in Retrograde?
3. What are the travelers called in Metaphorically?
4. Who is the translator of Exercises in Style?
5. What were on the bus in Hesitation?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)