|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third reaction given when the author of the Preface explains what work is being done?
(b) "How long have you been working on that?"
(c) "Can I read it?"
2. What attracted the young man in Metaphorically?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A void.
(c) The smell of croissants.
(d) The park.
3. Who wrote "Notes for the 1981 American Paperback Edition"?
(a) Raymond Queneau.
(b) Raymond Carver.
(c) Barbara Wright.
(d) A. S. Byatt.
4. According to the narrator in Surprises, what was the young man doing?
(a) Trying to read his map.
(b) Trying to sew a button on his lapel.
(c) Trying to find a seat on the bus.
(d) Trying to pick a quarrel.
5. What was the man talking about with a friend later, according to Litotes?
(a) A felt hat.
(c) An overcoat.
(d) A button.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similarity does The Subjective Side share with Retrograde?
2. At what time of day does the story take place, according to Double Entry?
3. What is the last piece of information given in Retrograde?
4. How long after the bus ride is the man seen again by the narrator, according to Double Entry?
5. How many words are listed at the start of Word Game?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)