|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Hope use during his undercover employment?
2. Why does Hope give the order to execute a man?
3. How do the people react to the population control reform?
4. What has Hope accomplished in his Tyrancy?
5. How does Hope convince Coral not to kill herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hope's trip to the zoo with Amber and Hopie.
2. Explain the agreement that Hope, as Jose, comes to with Shelia about reproductive rights.
3. How has Jose Garcia changed in Chapter 10? How is this significant to the story?
4. Describe Hope's relationship to the woman in the feelie helmet.
5. Describe Hope's trip to the RedSpot with Amber.
6. How does Hope feel about the changes in his hometown on Callisto? What agreement does he make with the leader?
7. How does Ebony feel about the growing population, and what does she suggest they do about it? What happens as a result of Ebony's plan?
8. Who is Jose Garcia? How is he significant to the story?
9. Explain Hope's appointment to negotiate with himself.
10. Describe Hope's cabinet.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly describe Hope's relationships with Megan, Amber, Shelia, Ebony, and Hopie.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Jupiter in this story similar to the United States? In what ways is it different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the process by which Hope became the Tyrant. Who appointed him? Who helped him?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)