|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does business fare under Hope's administration?
2. What happens when Hope does nationalize a poorly performing iron company?
3. Who are Hope's mistresses?
4. What happens when the workers bust into song?
5. How is Hope given the opportunity to work his way up the ladder in his employment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hope's trip to the zoo with Amber and Hopie.
2. Describe Hope's cabinet.
3. Describe the Iron Industries opposition to the Tyrancy.
4. Describe Hope's trip to the RedSpot with Amber.
5. Describe the the senators' meeting with Hope.
6. Describe Hope's sex life in Chapter 7.
7. Explain why Hope carries out an execution while undercover as Jose. How does he feel about it?
8. Describe Hope's relationship to the woman in the feelie helmet.
9. In Chapter 8, what is revealed about Gerald Phist?
10. How has Jose Garcia changed in Chapter 10? How is this significant to the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Thorley accuse Faith of being corrupt? What happens when he tells Hope of this? What happens to Faith?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Hope hesitate to institute a policy to fix the economy? What are some of Stonebridge's suggestions? Why does Hope not want to implement Stonebridge's suggestions?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the false attack on Ganymede so dangerous? Why not simply come out and let everyone know that the premiere was Hope's information leak?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)