|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Spirit and Hope feel that getting him involved in industry for a while will be good for him?
2. Why do the senators say that they want to meet with Hope?
3. What role does Spirit play in Hope's cabinet?
4. Why is resistance to the Tyrany growing?
5. How does the public feel about Hope's growing madness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the agreement that Hope, as Jose, comes to with Shelia about reproductive rights.
2. Describe Jose Garcia's new organization.
3. Describe Hope's trip to the zoo with Amber and Hopie.
4. What is revealed about the iron industry in Chapter 8? What do Phist and Hope plan to do about it?
5. How do the people of Jupiter feel about the Tyrancy in Chapter 10?
6. Describe Hope's trip to the RedSpot with Amber.
7. Briefly describe Hope's ten year reign. Was it effective?
8. Explain why Hope carries out an execution while undercover as Jose. How does he feel about it?
9. Describe the resistance's rise to power.
10. Describe the Iron Industries opposition to the Tyrancy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Thorley calls Hope's new government The Tyrancy, how does Hope respond? What is Hope's goal for the new government?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the false attack on Ganymede so dangerous? Why not simply come out and let everyone know that the premiere was Hope's information leak?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the process by which Hope became the Tyrant. Who appointed him? Who helped him?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)