|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope feel that the iron industry has a great deal of power?
2. How does Ebony shock Hope?
3. Why is resistance to the Tyrany growing?
4. What do Spirit and Stonebridge agree on about the plan to balance the economy?
5. On which moon is Hope's home town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hope's relationship to the woman in the feelie helmet.
2. Explain why Hope carries out an execution while undercover as Jose. How does he feel about it?
3. Describe Jose Garcia's new organization.
4. How do the people of Jupiter feel about the Tyrancy in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 8, what is revealed about Gerald Phist?
6. Describe the relationship between Hope, Hopie, and Amber in Chapter 9.
7. How does Ebony feel about the growing population, and what does she suggest they do about it? What happens as a result of Ebony's plan?
8. Who is Jose Garcia? How is he significant to the story?
9. Describe Hope's trip to the RedSpot with Amber.
10. Describe the the senators' meeting with Hope.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly describe Hope's relationships with Megan, Amber, Shelia, Ebony, and Hopie.
Essay Topic 2
How do you feel about capital punishment? Should capital punishment be allowed in the United States? Considering how Hope feels about public executions, is he right to allow it to continue politically?
Essay Topic 3
How does Hope choose to deal with President Tocsin? What does Hope accomplish by doing this?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)