|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Hope make with Junior Doc?
2. What happens when Hope does nationalize a poorly performing iron company?
3. Why does Hope feel that the iron companies have been colluding?
4. What does Hope do when he discovers a Saturnine spy?
5. How is the opposition of the iron industry different from the resistance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hope's relationship to the woman in the feelie helmet.
2. Describe the resistance's rise to power.
3. How is Hope affected by Shelia's death?
4. What is revealed about the iron industry in Chapter 8? What do Phist and Hope plan to do about it?
5. Describe Hope's trip to the zoo with Amber and Hopie.
6. Briefly describe Hope's ten year reign. Was it effective?
7. Describe Jose Garcia's new organization.
8. How do the people of Jupiter feel about the Tyrancy in Chapter 10?
9. Describe Hope's trip to the RedSpot with Amber.
10. How does Hope feel about the changes in his hometown on Callisto? What agreement does he make with the leader?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Thorley calls Hope's new government The Tyrancy, how does Hope respond? What is Hope's goal for the new government?
Essay Topic 2
How do Faith and Hope feel about the health care system? What do they propose as a way to cut spending? How do you feel about this issue? Do you agree with Hope and Faith?
Essay Topic 3
What does Hope plan for Amber once he discovers her ability to speak several languages? Is it right for Hope to use her like that? Is it justifiable for Hope to do so as the Tyrant?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)