|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hope do when he is put in charge at work?
2. How does Hope see Shelia after the explosion?
3. As Jose Garcia, how does Hope feel about his madness?
4. What happens when Hope takes Amber into one of the residences?
5. Who are Hope's mistresses?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what is revealed about Gerald Phist?
2. How is Hope affected by Shelia's death?
3. In Chapter 7, how are Hope's reforms managing?
4. Explain why Hope carries out an execution while undercover as Jose. How does he feel about it?
5. Describe Hope's trip to the zoo with Amber and Hopie.
6. Briefly describe Hope's ten year reign. Was it effective?
7. How has Jose Garcia changed in Chapter 10? How is this significant to the story?
8. What is revealed about the iron industry in Chapter 8? What do Phist and Hope plan to do about it?
9. Describe Hope's trip to the RedSpot with Amber.
10. Describe the the senators' meeting with Hope.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Hope feel about Mondy's suggestion that they force the industry leaders to partner with the government? Why does he feel this way? How does Mondy feel about this?
Essay Topic 2
Megan takes over Jupiter after Hope abdicates. What form of government does Megan bring? Would her government work without Hope's Tyrancy paving the way? Explain your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
What are some benefits of legalization and strict punishment for remaining crime as a method of crime prevention? What are some of the disadvantages? Overall, do you think that this method worked well for Hope's Jupiter?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)