|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Spirit play in Hope's cabinet?
(a) She is in charge of crime.
(b) She is in charge of implementation.
(c) She is in charge of industry.
(d) She is in charge of population.
2. What is Hope's response to Mondy's suggestion?
(a) He doesn't think Mondy's plan will work.
(b) He would rather be loved than feared.
(c) He would rather be feared than loved.
(d) He agrees with Mondy.
3. Why does Ebony feel that the growing population is a problem?
(a) She feels that too many people are paying too much to raise their children.
(b) She doesn't think that the planet can support many more people.
(c) She feels that the population has reached an optimum level and should be stabilized.
(d) She doesn't think that it's fair that people have children they can't take care of, then saddle the government with the responsibility.
4. How much time has passed between chapter seven and chapter six?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
5. What name does Hope use during his undercover employment?
(a) Philipe Cruz
(b) Roberto Riviera
(c) Jose Garcia
(d) Jesus Cortez
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hope do when Megan begins to criticize the Tyrancy?
2. Why is Hope growing dissatisfied with his mistresses?
3. How does Ebony shock Hope?
4. What role does Columnist Thorley play in Hope's cabinet?
5. What does Mondy say about being a leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about the iron industry in Chapter 8? What do Phist and Hope plan to do about it?
2. Explain Hope's appointment to negotiate with himself.
3. How is Hope affected by Shelia's death?
4. Describe the Iron Industries opposition to the Tyrancy.
5. Explain why Hope carries out an execution while undercover as Jose. How does he feel about it?
6. In Chapter 8, what is revealed about Gerald Phist?
7. Describe Hope's sex life in Chapter 7.
8. Describe Hope's trip to the zoo with Amber and Hopie.
9. Describe Hope's trip to the RedSpot with Amber.
10. Describe Hope's relationship to the woman in the feelie helmet.
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)