|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is "Jose Garcia" called in to see the Tyrant?
(a) He has written anti-tyrancy propaganda.
(b) He is a respected citizen, and he should be able to mediate with the Tyrant.
(c) He is suspected of treason.
(d) The people know that he is really Hope Hubris.
2. What has Hope accomplished in his Tyrancy?
(a) He has balanced the economy and retired the debt.
(b) He has managed to conquer Saturn.
(c) He has driven crime rates to an all time low.
(d) He has completely reformed the medical care system.
3. Why does Hope eventually grow bored of Amber?
(a) He misses Megan.
(b) She is not intelligent enough to stimulate his mind.
(c) They begin to argue about everything.
(d) He has never been a one woman man.
4. Why does Mondy suggest his idea about industry?
(a) They would give control of industry back to the people.
(b) They would consolidate all industrial power into one committee.
(c) They would be able to completely control industry.
(d) They would be able to implement their reforms without opposition.
5. What does Hope do when Megan begins to criticize the Tyrancy?
(a) Hope makes love to her.
(b) Hope has her arrested.
(c) Hope arranges a Latin tour.
(d) Hope divorces her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hope tell Amber when she asks about Megan's identity?
2. How much time has passed between chapter seven and chapter six?
3. What role does Columnist Thorley play in Hope's cabinet?
4. Why is resistance to the Tyrany growing?
5. What happens when Hope takes Amber into one of the residences?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Hope, Hopie, and Amber in Chapter 9.
2. Describe Hope's sex life in Chapter 7.
3. Describe Hope's relationship to the woman in the feelie helmet.
4. Describe the the senators' meeting with Hope.
5. How has Jose Garcia changed in Chapter 10? How is this significant to the story?
6. In Chapter 7, how are Hope's reforms managing?
7. Who is Jose Garcia? How is he significant to the story?
8. Describe Hope's trip to the RedSpot with Amber.
9. Briefly describe Hope's ten year reign. Was it effective?
10. What is revealed about the iron industry in Chapter 8? What do Phist and Hope plan to do about it?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)