|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ebony suggest they do about the growing population?
(a) She suggests providing free contraception.
(b) She suggests the use of chemical sterilizers in the water.
(c) She suggets imposing a strict tax penalty on anyone who has more than two children.
(d) She suggests opening abortion clinics throughout the planet.
2. What does Hope do when he is put in charge at work?
(a) He lays off hundreds of employees.
(b) He hires hundreds of new employees.
(c) He tells the workers that they will be part of a new kind of organization.
(d) He fires the former management.
3. What does Shelia do when Coral throws the grenade?
(a) She grabs the grenade and holds it to herself, saving Hope but dying to do so.
(b) She grabs the grenade and throws it back.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She pushes Coral onto the grenade to shelter Hope from the explosion.
4. What name does Hope use during his undercover employment?
(a) Jesus Cortez
(b) Philipe Cruz
(c) Jose Garcia
(d) Roberto Riviera
5. Why does Thorley accuse Faith of being corrupt?
(a) She has fallen in love with a corrupt man and has done his bidding in the cabinet.
(b) Thorley wants Faith's position in the cabinet for himself.
(c) She has been caught conspiring with assassins.
(d) Thorley feels betrayed that Faith is in love with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope give the order to execute a man?
2. Why are women protesting?
3. What role does Hopie play in Hope's cabinet?
4. What happens when Hope pulls Amber out of the moat?
5. What happens when Hope meets with the senators?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hope's trip to the RedSpot with Amber.
2. Describe Hope's sex life in Chapter 7.
3. Describe the Iron Industries opposition to the Tyrancy.
4. Describe the resistance's rise to power.
5. Describe Hope's cabinet.
6. Describe the the senators' meeting with Hope.
7. Describe Jose Garcia's new organization.
8. Who is Jose Garcia? How is he significant to the story?
9. Describe Hope's trip to the zoo with Amber and Hopie.
10. Explain Hope's appointment to negotiate with himself.
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)