|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hope insist on after touring the palaces?
(a) He must leave the RedSpot.
(b) He must buy a palace there as a summer vacation home.
(c) He must never be bothered by the Latins again.
(d) He must see the residential areas.
2. What does Hope do when he discovers a Saturnine spy?
(a) He has him arrested.
(b) He reports him to the authorities.
(c) He welcomes him into the meeting.
(d) He trys to get him to defect.
3. How does the public feel about Hope's growing madness?
(a) They are sad for their leader.
(b) They are not surprised.
(c) They are becoming restive.
(d) They feel that it is about time.
4. How does business fare under Hope's administration?
(a) It suffers at first, but then improves.
(b) It goes bankrupt.
(c) It suffers.
(d) It improves.
5. What happens when the women kidnap the mayor?
(a) The mayor is accidentally killed by the police during a rescue attempt.
(b) The women kill the mayor.
(c) The police over react and kill them all.
(d) The women get their reproductive rights back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed between chapter seven and chapter six?
2. Why do the senators say that they want to meet with Hope?
3. How does Hopie feel about Hope being with Amber?
4. Where does Hope meet the senators?
5. Which Earth country is the RedSpot most equivalent to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what is revealed about Gerald Phist?
2. Describe Jose Garcia's new organization.
3. How does Hope feel about the changes in his hometown on Callisto? What agreement does he make with the leader?
4. Explain Hope's appointment to negotiate with himself.
5. Describe Amber's significance in Chapter 7.
6. Explain why Hope carries out an execution while undercover as Jose. How does he feel about it?
7. In Chapter 7, how are Hope's reforms managing?
8. Describe Hope's cabinet.
9. How is Hope affected by Shelia's death?
10. How has Jose Garcia changed in Chapter 10? How is this significant to the story?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)