|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Hope does nationalize a poorly performing iron company?
(a) The workers all get raises.
(b) Many of the workers are laid off.
(c) The iron companies band together against Hope.
(d) The educated workers flee.
2. What does Ebony suggest they do about the growing population?
(a) She suggests providing free contraception.
(b) She suggests the use of chemical sterilizers in the water.
(c) She suggests opening abortion clinics throughout the planet.
(d) She suggets imposing a strict tax penalty on anyone who has more than two children.
3. In the opening of Chapter 7, who manages most of the organizational work?
4. Why does Thorley accuse Faith of being corrupt?
(a) She has been caught conspiring with assassins.
(b) Thorley feels betrayed that Faith is in love with another man.
(c) Thorley wants Faith's position in the cabinet for himself.
(d) She has fallen in love with a corrupt man and has done his bidding in the cabinet.
5. On which moon is Hope's home town?
6. What does Hope do when Megan begins to criticize the Tyrancy?
(a) Hope has her arrested.
(b) Hope divorces her.
(c) Hope arranges a Latin tour.
(d) Hope makes love to her.
7. Why does Coral throw a grenade at Hope?
(a) She is jealous that Hope has spent more time with Shelia.
(b) she throws the grenade at Hope, but it bounces over to Hope.
(c) She doesn't realize that he is still in his chair, and that the robot and the "Hope" that she saw get up were simply holograms.
(d) She is a part of the conspiracy with Big Iron.
8. What agreement do Hope and Amber come to before they can be together?
(a) Hope must leave his mistresses.
(b) They can have no children.
(c) They must get married.
(d) They must tell Hopie.
9. What does Hope witness during the protest?
(a) A woman kills the mayor.
(b) A woman kills a young child.
(c) A woman sets herself on fire.
(d) A woman attacks Hope.
10. What role does Hopie play in Hope's cabinet?
(a) She is in charge of industry.
(b) She is in charge of crime.
(c) She is in charge of education.
(d) She is in charge of population.
11. How much time has passed between chapter seven and chapter six?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three weeks.
12. How does Hope describe his visions of Shelia?
(a) As a beautiful vision.
(b) As the beginnings of madness.
(c) As a false hope.
(d) As a harmless diversion.
13. Why does Hope eventually grow bored of Amber?
(a) He misses Megan.
(b) She is not intelligent enough to stimulate his mind.
(c) He has never been a one woman man.
(d) They begin to argue about everything.
14. What is Hope's response to Mondy's suggestion?
(a) He doesn't think Mondy's plan will work.
(b) He would rather be feared than loved.
(c) He agrees with Mondy.
(d) He would rather be loved than feared.
15. Why does Hope feel that the iron industry has a great deal of power?
(a) The leaders of the industry are very wealthy.
(b) Iron is used for power throughout the entire solar system.
(c) The iron industry has illegally hired its own private army.
(d) Iron is the main form of currency for Ganymede.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope feel that the iron companies have been colluding?
2. Why does Hope initially like his first assignment?
3. Why do Spirit and Hope feel that getting him involved in industry for a while will be good for him?
4. Where does Hope take a job?
5. How does business fare under Hope's administration?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)