|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Spirit and Hope decide that it is best to get Hope out of town for a while?
(a) They are worried that he is losing touch with the people.
(b) He is bored with politics.
(c) There have been more assassination attempts.
(d) He is getting cabin fever.
2. Why does Hope give the order to execute a man?
(a) He feels that justice must be done.
(b) He believes the man is a traitor.
(c) He doesn't like the man.
(d) He is ordered to do so when his wife is unable to.
3. What does Mondy say about being a leader?
(a) He says that Machiavelli was right in saying that it is better to be loved.
(b) He claims that Machiavelli was right in saying that it is better to be feared.
(c) He says that Hope is right.
(d) He says that Hope should strive for a balance between both love and fear.
4. What happens when Hope meets with the Big Iron executives?
(a) A robot walks in and throws a grenade at Hope.
(b) A robot walks in and assassinates the executives.
(c) A robot walks in and kidnaps Hope.
(d) A robot walks in and aims for Hope.
5. In the opening of Chapter 7, who manages most of the organizational work?
6. What happens when Hope takes Amber into one of the residences?
(a) Men set upon them with knives to take Amber from Hope.
(b) Women attack them and try to take Hope away from Amber.
(c) Prostitutes make offers to both of them.
(d) Hope realizes that the shabby outside does not define the well kept and beautiful homes of the Latins.
7. How does business fare under Hope's administration?
(a) It suffers.
(b) It suffers at first, but then improves.
(c) It improves.
(d) It goes bankrupt.
8. How does Hopie feel about Hope being with Amber?
(a) She doesn't like the age difference.
(b) She doesn't really care what Hope and Amber do.
(c) She is happy to see them happy together.
(d) She is upset and feels that he must be raping her.
9. Why is Hope growing dissatisfied with his mistresses?
(a) He is hard to please.
(b) They are not good enough to please him.
(c) He is in love with Spirit.
(d) He doesn't love any of them.
10. How does Hope see Shelia after the explosion?
(a) He sees her ghost whenever he thinks about her.
(b) He sees himself floating out of the bubble and sees her in Heaven.
(c) He sees her as an angel.
(d) He sees her all over the news.
11. As Jose, what agreement does Hope get from Shelia?
(a) Partial reproductive rights will be reinstated in one year.
(b) Unristricted reproductive rights will be reinstated immediately.
(c) The protesters will be arrested.
(d) The government will allow women to have children if they win a lottery.
12. What role does Columnist Thorley play in Hope's cabinet?
(a) He is in charge of implimentation.
(b) He is in charge of industry.
(c) He is in charge of freedom of speech and preventing censorship.
(d) He is in charge of the economy.
13. Why are women protesting?
(a) They want Hope to resign as Tyrant.
(b) They want their reproductive rights back.
(c) They want the right to vote and own property.
(d) They want better pay.
14. What deal does Hope make with Junior Doc?
(a) He will send troops to help enforce the law, but they must try to stop the crime families themselves.
(b) He will send money, but they must accept imigrants from everywhere.
(c) He will help clean up the moon, but they must do their fair share.
(d) He will send food, but it will be laced with chemicals to make the people infertile.
15. On which moon is Hope's home town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What attraction does Hope take Amber and Hopie to the zoo to see?
2. Why do Spirit and Hope feel that getting him involved in industry for a while will be good for him?
3. What happens as a result of Hope's reforms?
4. Who assumes power after Hope is exiled and Jose retires?
5. Why does Hope feel that the iron industry has a great deal of power?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)