|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hope witness during the protest?
(a) A woman kills the mayor.
(b) A woman sets herself on fire.
(c) A woman kills a young child.
(d) A woman attacks Hope.
2. What attraction does Hope take Amber and Hopie to the zoo to see?
(a) The mastodon.
(b) The aquarium.
(c) The atrium.
(d) The tiger.
3. How is the opposition of the iron industry different from the resistance?
(a) The resistance is made up of corporate lawyers, while the iron industry's opposition is led by concerned citizens.
(b) The iron industry is better organized than the resistance.
(c) The iron industry is non-violent and the resistance is not.
(d) The resistance is non-violent, and the iron industry is not.
4. Why does Hope feel that the iron companies have been colluding?
(a) They are trying to destory the iron workers' union.
(b) They are trying to end a monopoly.
(c) They are trying to overthrow the government.
(d) They feel that their iron is the source of all energy for the entire society.
5. What does Hope offer the people instead of babies?
(b) Sex slaves.
6. What happens as a result of Hope's reforms?
(a) The population is outraged, crime is up, and employment is down.
(b) Crime is down, employment is up, and the population in general is happy.
(c) The population is outraged, but crime is down and employment is up.
(d) While crime is up and employment is down, the population still like Hope's reforms.
7. Which Earth country is the RedSpot most equivalent to?
8. How does Hope describe his visions of Shelia?
(a) As a harmless diversion.
(b) As the beginnings of madness.
(c) As a beautiful vision.
(d) As a false hope.
9. Why is "Jose Garcia" called in to see the Tyrant?
(a) The people know that he is really Hope Hubris.
(b) He has written anti-tyrancy propaganda.
(c) He is suspected of treason.
(d) He is a respected citizen, and he should be able to mediate with the Tyrant.
10. Why does Mondy suggest his idea about industry?
(a) They would give control of industry back to the people.
(b) They would be able to implement their reforms without opposition.
(c) They would be able to completely control industry.
(d) They would consolidate all industrial power into one committee.
11. What does Mondy say about being a leader?
(a) He says that Hope is right.
(b) He claims that Machiavelli was right in saying that it is better to be feared.
(c) He says that Machiavelli was right in saying that it is better to be loved.
(d) He says that Hope should strive for a balance between both love and fear.
12. What happens when Hope takes Amber into one of the residences?
(a) Hope realizes that the shabby outside does not define the well kept and beautiful homes of the Latins.
(b) Prostitutes make offers to both of them.
(c) Men set upon them with knives to take Amber from Hope.
(d) Women attack them and try to take Hope away from Amber.
13. What happens when Hope meets with the Big Iron executives?
(a) A robot walks in and assassinates the executives.
(b) A robot walks in and kidnaps Hope.
(c) A robot walks in and throws a grenade at Hope.
(d) A robot walks in and aims for Hope.
14. What does Hope tell Amber when she asks about Megan's identity?
(a) He tells her that Megan is his sister.
(b) He tells her that Megan is his wife, but she can't bring herself to be part of the Tyrancy.
(c) He tells her that Megan is his wife, and they are happy together.
(d) He tells her that he doesn't know a Megan.
15. How do the people react to the population control reform?
(a) They overthrow the government.
(b) They find their own water source.
(c) They riot.
(d) They comply.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hope take a job?
2. How does Ebony shock Hope?
3. What name does Hope use during his undercover employment?
4. What role does Columnist Thorley play in Hope's cabinet?
5. How has Hope brought iron prices back down?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)