|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Hope's mistresses?
(a) Ebony, Coral, and Shelia.
(b) Spirit, Hopie, and Amber.
(c) Amber, Ebony, and Coral.
(d) Spirit, Hopie, and Shelia.
2. Why does Hope eventually grow bored of Amber?
(a) He misses Megan.
(b) She is not intelligent enough to stimulate his mind.
(c) He has never been a one woman man.
(d) They begin to argue about everything.
3. In the opening of Chapter 7, who manages most of the organizational work?
4. What happens when Hope meets with the senators?
(a) An assassin tries to kill Hope and all of the senators at the same time.
(b) One of the senators says "hail Caesar," and they all set upon him with knives.
(c) They bow to him and dedicate themselves to his service.
(d) They demand that he resigns as Tyrant.
5. How does Mondy suggest they reform industry?
(a) They should privitize all industry.
(b) They should consolidate all industrial companies into one large monopoly that will be easier to manage.
(c) They should nationalize all industry.
(d) They should force the industry leaders to partner with the government.
6. What does Ebony suggest they do about the growing population?
(a) She suggets imposing a strict tax penalty on anyone who has more than two children.
(b) She suggests opening abortion clinics throughout the planet.
(c) She suggests providing free contraception.
(d) She suggests the use of chemical sterilizers in the water.
7. What role does Spirit play in Hope's cabinet?
(a) She is in charge of implementation.
(b) She is in charge of crime.
(c) She is in charge of industry.
(d) She is in charge of population.
8. What does Hope tell Amber when she asks about Megan's identity?
(a) He tells her that Megan is his wife, but she can't bring herself to be part of the Tyrancy.
(b) He tells her that he doesn't know a Megan.
(c) He tells her that Megan is his wife, and they are happy together.
(d) He tells her that Megan is his sister.
9. What does Shelia do when Coral throws the grenade?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She grabs the grenade and holds it to herself, saving Hope but dying to do so.
(c) She pushes Coral onto the grenade to shelter Hope from the explosion.
(d) She grabs the grenade and throws it back.
10. How does Hopie feel about Hope being with Amber?
(a) She is happy to see them happy together.
(b) She is upset and feels that he must be raping her.
(c) She doesn't like the age difference.
(d) She doesn't really care what Hope and Amber do.
11. What has Hope accomplished in his Tyrancy?
(a) He has completely reformed the medical care system.
(b) He has managed to conquer Saturn.
(c) He has balanced the economy and retired the debt.
(d) He has driven crime rates to an all time low.
12. What happens when the workers bust into song?
(a) They are fired for horse playing on the job.
(b) They are united as Hope had wished.
(c) They all laugh for the first time.
(d) They think it is silly and quit.
13. What happens when Hope does nationalize a poorly performing iron company?
(a) The workers all get raises.
(b) The educated workers flee.
(c) The iron companies band together against Hope.
(d) Many of the workers are laid off.
14. Why does Phist suggest nationalizing a poorly performing iron company?
(a) To eventually take over the industry completely.
(b) To bail the company out and keep them from failing.
(c) To make the industry more competitive.
(d) To scare the rest of the iron companies into compliance.
15. Why does Thorley accuse Faith of being corrupt?
(a) She has been caught conspiring with assassins.
(b) She has fallen in love with a corrupt man and has done his bidding in the cabinet.
(c) Thorley feels betrayed that Faith is in love with another man.
(d) Thorley wants Faith's position in the cabinet for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jose Garcia, how does Hope feel about his madness?
2. What attraction does Hope take Amber and Hopie to the zoo to see?
3. Where does Hope take a job?
4. What happens as a result of Hope's reforms?
5. What role does Hopie play in Hope's cabinet?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)