|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Shelia and Hope while they wait to see if the bubble will collapse?
(a) They have an argument.
(c) They kiss.
(d) They have sex.
2. What is the purpose of the preface?
(a) It foreshadows the events to come, but doesn't focus on any of the main characters.
(b) It summarizes the career of Hope Hubris.
(c) It sets the mood of the story by showing one of Hope's nightmares.
(d) It provides vital background information for all of the characters.
3. Where is Pineleaf Bubble?
(a) Floating in the Jupiter atmosphere.
(b) Sitting in a crater on the moon.
(c) Floating in a sea of methane.
(d) Sitting on the surface of Mars.
4. How long has Hope been in contact with the dead?
(a) Since he was fifteen.
(b) Since last week.
(c) Since he was born.
(d) Since he was twelve.
5. What dead person first appeared to Hope?
(a) His former wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His childhood love.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheila help Hope contact a particular person?
2. What does this novel claim to be?
3. What does this novel aim to shed more light on?
4. Why does the author choose to write this book as a journal, giving credit to an "editor" in the book?
5. What initials does the "editor" of this book use?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)