|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hope feel it is important to include the Admiral's response in his journal?
(a) Hope wants to brag about his military prowess.
(b) Future accounts would tell of a violent suppression of the rebellion, and Hope wants to correct that.
(c) Hope wants people to know about the Admiral's loyalty.
(d) Hope wants everyone to know that he is truly the all powerful Tyrant.
2. What is the purpose of the preface?
(a) It foreshadows the events to come, but doesn't focus on any of the main characters.
(b) It summarizes the career of Hope Hubris.
(c) It provides vital background information for all of the characters.
(d) It sets the mood of the story by showing one of Hope's nightmares.
3. What type of government does Ganymede have?
(a) Autocratic .
4. What advice does Spirit give Hope about Congress?
(a) He can appoint new people to represent the people, instead of having them elected.
(b) He should abolish Congress all together.
(c) He should have people elected to represent the people, instead of appointing them.
(d) He needs Congress, so he should just leave well enough alone.
5. How long has Hope been in contact with the dead?
(a) Since he was born.
(b) Since he was twelve.
(c) Since last week.
(d) Since he was fifteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Hope prepare for his speech?
2. Who is in charge of the Navy?
3. Who has always taken care of Hope Hubris's finances?
4. Who asks Hope for direction in working on the budget?
5. How does Gerald Phist propose to make industry more efficient?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)