|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sheila help Hope contact a particular person?
(a) By fax.
(b) By Newton's Candle.
(c) By telephone.
(d) By E-mail.
2. What is Hope's first act as Tyrant?
(a) He deals with President Tocsin.
(b) He straightens out the budget.
(c) He gives a state of the union address.
(d) He declares war on Saturn.
3. Which of the following quotes can be attributed by this story's editor?
(a) Hope was fully and truly mad, much like his predecessors.
(b) If others have faith, Hope has Hope.
(c) Where there is not good drinking, there can not be good living.
(d) Others had competence; Hope had magic.
4. Why does the author choose to write this book as a journal, giving credit to an "editor" in the book?
(a) It allows the author to do more creative world building .
(b) It makes the story more realistic.
(c) It makes the story more personal.
(d) It allows him to distance himself from the story.
5. Who are Hope's trusted advisers in Chapter 1?
(a) Spirit, Hope, and Faith.
(b) Amber, Mike, and Josh.
(c) Shelia, Coral, and Ebony.
(d) Spirit, Ebony, and Amber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this novel claim to be?
2. Whom does Shelia help Hope contact?
3. What happens while Hope is trying to deal with the representatives who are walking out of Congress?
4. How does Hope feel about his reign?
5. What news do Emerald and Mondy bring Hope?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)