|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general idea of Hope's speech?
(a) Lower the taxes.
(b) Live free or die fighting.
(c) Accept the new order or else.
(d) Rebel against the new order.
2. Which of the following quotes can be attributed by this story's editor?
(a) If others have faith, Hope has Hope.
(b) Where there is not good drinking, there can not be good living.
(c) Hope was fully and truly mad, much like his predecessors.
(d) Others had competence; Hope had magic.
3. Why do Hope and his advisers suit up in pressure suits?
(a) They fear that the bubble will depressurize.
(b) They fear that the bubble will be destroyed by the missile.
(c) They fear that the bubble will be crushed by the pressure.
(d) They fear that the bubble will be destroyed by the sub.
4. Why are the representatives leaving?
(a) To prevent reaching a quorum.
(b) The meeting is over.
(c) They are going on vacation.
(d) It is a holiday.
5. How does Gerald Phist propose to make industry more efficient?
(a) He can cut the pay for up to 70 million workers.
(b) He can hire 70 million people.
(c) He can cut 70 million jobs.
(d) He can relocate 70 million jobs to one of the moons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Hope and Hopie argue about education?
2. Why does Hope appoint many of the government positions to those who already held them?
3. Who is in charge of the Navy?
4. How does Emerald suggest that Hope should get his thoughts in order?
5. What does this novel claim to be?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)