|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the president tell his staff after he hangs up from speaking with the Saudi crown prince after the ambassador's assassination?
2. How does David get to Jordan?
3. Who is watching the conversation between David and Prince Omar when they are out to dinner, after David escapes from Israel?
4. Where does the rescue team plan on going once they have the hostages?
5. After the Apache helicopters have left, where does David find himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David tell Anna about his mission when he gets home?
2. How does David detonate the bomb in his van?
3. What transactions does Dumond notice in Omar's finances that cause him concern?
4. What does David do after assassinating the ambassador?
5. What does Kennedy say in response to questions from the Saudi ambassador about the Palestinian ambassador's death?
6. How does Israeli Prime Minister Goldberg interact with Freidman, in Chapter 53?
7. Why are Kennedy and Rapp looking into the Prince's finances?
8. What does Kennedy say in response to questions from the Saudi ambassador about the situation in Hebron?
9. In Chapter 60, what does Kennedy report to the president about the bombing in Hebron?
10. What possibility does Kennedy propose about David while discussing with Rapp who is behind the Palestinian ambassador's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would the struggles and espionage of "Executive Powers" change if placed in a more historical setting of conflict (e.g., WWII)? Support your answer by using 3 specific examples that compare or contrast your evidence and thesis to events or or situations in the text.
Essay Topic 2
The marriage between Anna and Mitch is kept secret from the public, yet plays an important role in both characters' lives. Give 3 things we learn about both Anna and Mitch through their relationship and interactions with each other.
Essay Topic 3
Which character is most duped in "Executive Power"? Provide at least 3 examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)