|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Irene think she and Rapp should inform the FBI about David?
2. What does David think will happen after his next plan is carried out?
3. Who calls Anna to tell her that Rapp is on her way home?
4. What kinds of conditions are Coleman and his men waiting in before the rescue attempt?
5. Who does David request to pick him up, after he flees Israel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David position himself to shoot Hamed Ali?
2. How does Israeli Prime Minister Goldberg interact with Freidman, in Chapter 53?
3. What do the Americans do after the Saudis threaten to suspend oil shipments if they vote for the French resolution?
4. What possibility does Kennedy propose about David while discussing with Rapp who is behind the Palestinian ambassador's death?
5. What does Kennedy report Freidman told her about the assassination?
6. What does Rapp think about Anna as the rescue attempt begins?
7. Why isn't Rapp suspicious of Israel after the Saudi ambassador is assassinated?
8. How does David escape from Jordan?
9. What kind of set-up does David establish in his new apartment in Washington, D.C.?
10. What does Kennedy say in response to questions from the Saudi ambassador about the situation in Hebron?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Irene and Anna, making sure to use evidence from the text throughout your paper.
Essay Topic 2
Trust plays a critical role in "Executive Power," including trust between characters, as well as trust between the reader and the author. Write about 3 specific instances in the novel where the reader must trust Flynn for the story to advance, even though Flynn isn't telling the reader the entire story or all of the facts. How does this effect the book? How does it effect the relationship between Flynn and the reader? What devices does Flynn utilize to keep the reader's trust even though he is continually hiding certain parts of the story (e.g., David's mission in D.C.)?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 4 ways "Executive Power" would be different if it were to take place during a different time period (e.g., the 1980s).
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)