|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was supposed to happen after David detonated his attache?
2. Why does David want to flee the area as quickly as possible once the Apaches have left?
3. What do the Saudis want the United States to do in regard to the French resolution?
4. What does the president say the press conference is for after Rapp returns from the rescue mission?
5. What name is David using in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Americans do after the Saudis threaten to suspend oil shipments if they vote for the French resolution?
2. How do the Americans determine the target of the bombing in D.C.?
3. What is David's purpose in New York?
4. What does David do after assassinating the ambassador?
5. What transactions does Dumond notice in Omar's finances that cause him concern?
6. What does Kennedy say in response to questions from the Saudi ambassador about the situation in Hebron?
7. What do Rapp and Kennedy learn and then decide about David, in Chapter 59?
8. How does David position himself to shoot Hamed Ali?
9. Why are Kennedy and Rapp looking into the Prince's finances?
10. What angers David about the Israeli air attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would the struggles and espionage of "Executive Powers" change if placed in a more historical setting of conflict (e.g., WWII)? Support your answer by using 3 specific examples that compare or contrast your evidence and thesis to events or or situations in the text.
Essay Topic 2
Identify what you think is the tone for "Executive Power" and discuss 3 literary devices that Flynn uses to create this tone.
Essay Topic 3
Which character is most duped in "Executive Power"? Provide at least 3 examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)