|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Moro relax during his meeting with Rapp?
2. Who is Church supposed to follow and monitor?
3. How does David pass the security search for his secret meeting?
4. Why does Moro ask Rapp for money?
5. What does Rapp decide about Moro's murder as he is talking to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to David after he is picked up by a van once he has the attache?
2. What happens as a result of the conversation between Anna and Kennedy?
3. What information does Rapp confront Moro with?
4. How do Devolis and his men know their operation has been compromised?
5. What kind of agreement do Anna and Rapp have when they get married?
6. How does David answer Speilman when, in Chapter 18, he asks why David wants to go through with the plan?
7. What does David warn the Israelis about after he takes the attache, in Chapter 18?
8. Why does Rapp hope the Philippine men will attack the Abu Sayyaf?
9. What does Coleman do when he realizes the hostages are not where he and his team expected them to be?
10. What role is McMahon, of the FBI, supposed to play in the plan for Dinagat Island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of the book can have multiple meanings. Take a position about what you think the title means and provide examples from the text that demonstrate the use of "executive power," when the term "executive power" refers to something other than presidential power, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Which 2 characters in "Executive Power" have the strongest relationship? Use examples from the text to support your argument. Remember that a strong relationship can also mean a negative one.
Essay Topic 3
Violence plays a significant role in "Executive Power." Write an essay discussing the use of violence within the novel. What could have been accomplished without the use of violence? What could not have been accomplished if all violence was eliminated? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)