|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anna go on her honeymoon?
2. What does Rapp tell Moro he wants to see crushed?
3. During what kind of event do Anna and Irene meet each other at the White House?
4. Who is in charge of the Navy SEALs, in the Prelude?
5. Who feels he can take a sniper shot of Moro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Kennedy have about the failed mission in the Philippines when she, the president, Rapp, and Valerie Jones meet to discuss the mission?
2. What information does Rapp confront Moro with?
3. What does Freidman view David's meeting as a chance to do?
4. What kind of agreement do Anna and Rapp have when they get married?
5. What kind of plan are David and Prince Omar discussing, in their first scene together?
6. How does David answer Speilman when, in Chapter 18, he asks why David wants to go through with the plan?
7. What happens as a result of the conversation between Anna and Kennedy?
8. What is David supposed to do with the money General Hamza gives him?
9. Why is Valerie concerned about the botched SEALs' mission?
10. Why does Rapp hope the Philippine men will attack the Abu Sayyaf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a 2-3 page paper, using evidence from the text, arguing that Rapp's murder of Prince Omar was OR was not surprising based on what you know about his character.
Essay Topic 2
Rapp's final choice (committing murder) at the end of the novel may seem surprising to some readers, but not surprising to others. Find three examples in the text of how this ending was foreshadowed, making sure to explain how each one directly connects to Rapp's choice to murder Prince Omar.
Essay Topic 3
Identify what you think is the tone for "Executive Power" and discuss 3 literary devices that Flynn uses to create this tone.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)