|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Americans realize who the target of the explosion is?
(a) Anna figures it out because of her reporting.
(b) The Saudi embassy calls them to inquire about the ambassador.
(c) Rapp puts everything together for them.
(d) David confesses everything while threatening to blow himself up.
2. What does Rapp think about the involvement of the Israelis in the ambassador's killing?
(a) That they were involved.
(b) That they were involved but will claim they were not.
(c) That they were not involved.
(d) That they were not involved but will claim they were.
3. What do the president, Rapp, and Kennedy wonder about Friedman after the ambassador's assassination?
(a) If he is next on the list.
(b) If he is in danger.
(c) If he is going go try to assassinate the American president.
(d) If he can be trusted.
4. Who is Dumond focusing on in his financial investigation of Prince Omar?
(a) Devon LeClair, Omar's assistant.
(b) Sharon LeBlonck, Omar's assistant.
(c) Samuel Sonster, Omar's best friend since childhood.
(d) Anna Kingpin, Omar's half-sister.
5. Who does Rapp think of briefly as he heads toward the camp, where the hostages are being held?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His duty to the president.
6. What happens to Rapp during the rescue attempt?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He is accidentally left behind.
(c) He his shot.
(d) He gets stabbed by a kidnapper.
7. Who else was injured, besides Rapp, during the rescue attempt?
(a) One of the children.
(b) Everyone sustained some kind of injury.
(c) No one.
8. Who does Irene think is behind the ambassador's assassination?
(a) Secret American forces.
(b) Just some crazy, average citizen who got very angry.
(c) The Israelis.
(d) The Palestinians.
9. Why does David want to flee the area as quickly as possible once the Apaches have left?
(a) Because he doesn't want to be arrested.
(b) Because he knows he has been double-crossed.
(c) Because he wants people to think he has been killed.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
10. What does David have in his garage in D.C.?
(a) A stripped-down van with a bomb inside.
(b) Plans to kill both Anna and Rapp.
(c) Hundered of fake IDs.
(d) A scale model of the White House.
11. Where is David taken after the Apache attack?
(a) A secret prison.
(b) The American embassy.
(d) A hospital.
12. What meeting is Sapp invited to attend as part of his assignment, after returning home from the rescue mission?
(a) The National Security Council meeting.
(b) The president's daily security briefing.
(c) The meeting of the military chiefs.
(d) Every press conference on the Middle East.
13. Why is the White House on lock down, in Chapter 68?
(a) Because Rapp got a threat sent to him via email.
(b) Because of the explosion.
(c) Because David somehow broke in with a bomb strapped to his chest.
(d) Because someone phoned in a bomb threat.
14. After the Apache helicopters have left, where does David find himself?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In jail.
(c) Beneath a pile of rubble.
(d) Trapped under the car he was riding in.
15. What does David realize Friedman wanted?
(a) More money than he promised.
(b) David to rat on the other side.
(c) Him dead.
(d) David to be arrested, but not helped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Friedman claim the Mossad knows about the ambassador's assassination?
2. Who is watching the conversation between David and Prince Omar when they are out to dinner, after David escapes from Israel?
3. What does the resolution that is going to be offered by the French, in front of the United Nations, propose?
4. What kind of transactions cause Dumond to become suspicious of Omar's finances?
5. What does Anna think about the involvement of the Israelis in the ambassador's killing?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)