|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Goldberg worried about politically, in Chapter 53?
(a) That his vice minister will attempt to overthrow him.
(b) That he will be made fun of in this week's political cartoon.
(c) That he will receive a vote of no-confidence.
(d) That he will lose next week's election.
2. Who does the president want to look into the developing situation in Israel?
(a) Sapp and Anna.
(b) Kennedy, Anna, and Sapp.
(c) Kennedy and Sapp.
(d) Kennedy and Anna.
3. What does Anna think about the involvement of the Israelis in the ambassador's killing?
(a) That they were involved.
(b) That they were not involved but will claim they were.
(c) That they were not involved.
(d) That they were involved but will claim they were not.
4. Where does David rent a house after assassinating the Palestinian ambassador?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) A very small town in rural Pennsylvania.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) New York City.
5. Who is Dumond focusing on in his financial investigation of Prince Omar?
(a) Samuel Sonster, Omar's best friend since childhood.
(b) Anna Kingpin, Omar's half-sister.
(c) Devon LeClair, Omar's assistant.
(d) Sharon LeBlonck, Omar's assistant.
6. What information on David does Kennedy receive?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) A transcript of some of his conversations.
(c) A connection with Prince Omar.
(d) A photograph.
7. After the rescue attempt is a success, what else does the president want to know about?
(a) What to do with Moro now that he is in a secret prison.
(b) The situation with Israel.
(c) If Rapp can still be trusted.
(d) Whether or not Anna and Rapp's relationship presents a security concern.
8. How does the president respond when he hears that the rescue mission was a success?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is angry because now he has to deal with the press.
(c) He is happy but also mad because he now owes Anna a private interview.
(d) He is angry because now he has to deal with Moro.
9. Who is Peter Jousard?
(a) The French president.
(b) The French ambassador to the United States.
(c) The French prime minister.
(d) The French ambassador to Israel.
10. Who else was injured, besides Rapp, during the rescue attempt?
(a) One of the children.
(c) Everyone sustained some kind of injury.
(d) No one.
11. What evidence indicates there was an explosion before the Israeli missile attack, according to the president?
(a) Video from security cameras on businesses.
(b) Eyewitness accounts.
(c) Secret tapes.
(d) Satellite photos.
12. Who is Hamed Ali?
(a) A very famous Palestinian reporter.
(b) The president of Palestine.
(c) The Palestinian ambassador to Israel.
(d) The Palestinian ambassador to the United Nations.
13. What do the Saudis threaten to do if the United States does not do what they wish in regard to the French resolution?
(a) Expose the murder attempts the US has done in Saudia Arabia.
(b) Declare formal war.
(c) Suspend all oil shipments.
(d) Halt all political negotiations.
14. Where does the rescue team plan on going once they have the hostages?
(a) To Japan so everyone can be tested for diseases.
(b) To the top of the hill.
(c) Back to the beach.
(d) Directly into the palace.
15. What does Friedman claim the Israeli's bombed when they really bombed David and the secret meeting?
(a) A bomb factory.
(b) An old wearhouse.
(c) A military hideout.
(d) A map-making factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did David use when flying into New York?
2. How do the Americans realize who the target of the explosion is?
3. Who helped David ship the Iraqi Semtex to the United States?
4. Where do Rapp and his men meet Coleman and his team during the rescue attempt?
5. When does Irene think she and Rapp should inform the FBI about David?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)