Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gary already willed to others?
2. What does Geraldo promise the viewers of his segment about the execution that they will be able to hear?
3. Who does Gary contact in order to get the new attorney in his corner to argue the stay?
4. Who does Nicole pick up, although she has promised not to sleep with anyone else?
5. What are Gary's second to last words before he is killed?
Essay Topic 1
In the end, Gary is surrounded by his family and friends as he spends his final night on the Earth.
Part 1: Why are Gary's family and friends so supportive of him?
Part 2: Why didn't Gary's family and friends fight harder for him to stay alive?
Part 3: If you were a family member of Gary's, what would you have done when you found out he was sentenced to death?
Essay Topic 2
Gary says at one point that he does not want any publicity, though he goes ahead and changes this stance once Boaz enters the picture.
Part 1: Why wouldn't Gary want publicity for his initial story?
Part 2: Why might Gary have changed his mind about getting more public about his story?
Part 3: How will the publicity of Gary's story affect others in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of religion is one that presents itself again and again in this book. The Mormon Church lurks in the background throughout the events of this story.
Part 1: Does Gary seem to be a religious person? Support your answer.
Part 2: Why do you think Campbell thinks it's okay for Gary to be killed by the state?
Part 3: How does the Mormon Church affect Gary's case? If not, why not?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)