|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Earl end up preventing as a result of his legal actions to prevent the media access to Gary?
2. Who is pissed off at Schiller for not being able to attend Gary's memorial service?
3. Gary does point out that neither of his victims did anything to __________ him.
4. What does Gary call those on the Parole Board who do not seek to fulfill the sentence they gave him?
5. What does Schiller feel he needs to do with Gary in order to make his planned book and film production work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Boaz think Campbell is when he shows up at his door?
2. Why are Sam Smith, the Warden, and other officials looking over the laws?
3. Why is Schiller in Hawaii as Gary continues to be interviewed by the media?
4. What are Stephanie, her mother, and Schiller's mother going to do that they are hiding from Gary?
5. Where are Gary's ashes spread after his death, suitably illegally spread?
6. Why does the Enquirer hire an expert to analyze the stresses in Gary's voice during the interviews?
7. What do Moody and Sanger do when they are visiting Gary at the prison?
8. Where is Brenda when Geraldo Rivera calls to get an interview about Gary from her?
9. Describe the Mormon vision Peter Galovan has about Gary.
10. What are the refreshments provided to Gary on his last night before the execution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of the death penalty is an obvious point of discussion in this story and continues to be a point of discussion in society as a whole.
Part 1: What are the reasons that Gary's actions deserve the death penalty?
Part 2: What are the reasons against Gary deserving the death penalty
Part 3: Do you think Gary deserves to die? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Gary says at one point that he does not want any publicity, though he goes ahead and changes this stance once Boaz enters the picture.
Part 1: Why wouldn't Gary want publicity for his initial story?
Part 2: Why might Gary have changed his mind about getting more public about his story?
Part 3: How will the publicity of Gary's story affect others in his life?
Essay Topic 3
While Gary seems to have had some rough times in his life, he also seems willing to make changes as needed.
Part 1: Describe what Gary does after his first prison term to begin a new life in a positive direction.
Part 2: What are some of the ways Gary sabotages his future?
Part 3: Why do you think Gary doesn't stick on the positive path he began?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)