|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gary nod off during interviews and fall off his chair while talking to his lawyers?
2. Who does Geraldo Rivera try to call in order to get an interview, although he/she is in the hospital?
3. Who decides that wooing Gary's family might be a better way to get the rights to his story?
4. What does Schiller feel he needs to do with Gary in order to make his planned book and film production work?
5. Larry Schiller is a former ________ photographer turned sensationalist writer and wanna-be documentary producer.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The molestation which occurs in this book is vile, though the perpetrators never seem to see the issue with this happening.
Part 1: Describe what happens when Rosebeth is in bed with Gary, Barrett, and Nicole.
Part 2: Why don't the characters think they are doing anything wrong? Or do they?
Part 3: Do you think this situation will cause Rosebeth to become a molester in her lifetime? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Gary says at one point that he does not want any publicity, though he goes ahead and changes this stance once Boaz enters the picture.
Part 1: Why wouldn't Gary want publicity for his initial story?
Part 2: Why might Gary have changed his mind about getting more public about his story?
Part 3: How will the publicity of Gary's story affect others in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of religion is one that presents itself again and again in this book. The Mormon Church lurks in the background throughout the events of this story.
Part 1: Does Gary seem to be a religious person? Support your answer.
Part 2: Why do you think Campbell thinks it's okay for Gary to be killed by the state?
Part 3: How does the Mormon Church affect Gary's case? If not, why not?
This section contains 1,640 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)