|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was Gary supposed to have taken the pills he and Nicole promised to take in order to commit suicide?
2. What are Stephanie, her mother, and Schiller's mother planning to try to sell to overseas markets?
3. On the recommendation of Schiller, who does Gary finally fire from his case and his media management?
4. Which judge considers himself to be a bastion of good sense in a desert of craziness?
5. What does Boaz get from the answer to #113 that allows him to confess his innocence in getting Gary sleeping pills?
Essay Topic 1
The trick with the character of Gary is that he seems to be someone you can both hate and understand. This can cause the reader to not know what to think.
Part 1: Cite at least two examples of things which may be considered admirable in Gary.
Part 2: Cite at least two examples of things which may be considered detestable in Gary.
Part 3: Do you think Gary is a good person or a bad person? What were your reactions to him in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Gary seems to use violence as a reaction to things he can not control in his life. This causes disastrous consequences for all involved.
Part 1: Describe two situations in which Gary uses violence when he is frustrated.
Part 2: Does it seem that Gary really wants to be violent? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why might Gary think violence is the only way to handle his feelings?
Essay Topic 3
One's image of themselves seems to spurn on that person's actions as well.
Part 1: How does Nicole see herself? What actions does she take as a result of this self image?
Part 2: How does Gary see himself? What actions does he take as a result of his self image?
Part 3: Would changing one's self image change one's actions? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,620 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)