|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gary already willed to others?
2. What does Geraldo promise the viewers of his segment about the execution that they will be able to hear?
3. Who does Gary contact in order to get the new attorney in his corner to argue the stay?
4. Who does Nicole pick up, although she has promised not to sleep with anyone else?
5. What are Gary's second to last words before he is killed?
Essay Topic 1
One's image of themselves seems to spurn on that person's actions as well.
Part 1: How does Nicole see herself? What actions does she take as a result of this self image?
Part 2: How does Gary see himself? What actions does he take as a result of his self image?
Part 3: Would changing one's self image change one's actions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, Gary is surrounded by his family and friends as he spends his final night on the Earth.
Part 1: Why are Gary's family and friends so supportive of him?
Part 2: Why didn't Gary's family and friends fight harder for him to stay alive?
Part 3: If you were a family member of Gary's, what would you have done when you found out he was sentenced to death?
Essay Topic 3
The trick with the character of Gary is that he seems to be someone you can both hate and understand. This can cause the reader to not know what to think.
Part 1: Cite at least two examples of things which may be considered admirable in Gary.
Part 2: Cite at least two examples of things which may be considered detestable in Gary.
Part 3: Do you think Gary is a good person or a bad person? What were your reactions to him in the story?
This section contains 1,615 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)