|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is State Patrolman Jerry Scott called in to do in regards to Gary's body?
2. Who decides that wooing Gary's family might be a better way to get the rights to his story?
3. When others tell Gary he needs to get back at Gibbs, what does Gary say? "I can __________ from here."
4. Who does Geraldo Rivera try to call in order to get an interview, although he/she is in the hospital?
5. Where is Schiller vacationing as the holidays occur over the years 1976 to 1977?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point of the story, Gary decides he does not want to be saved by legal actions. He just wants to die.
Part 1: Why do you think Gary just wants to be executed? Why doesn't he fight for his life?
Part 2: Do you think Gary really wants to die? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Gary could have avoided the death sentence? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Grace, Gary's apologist, continues to believe he does not deserve to die, that there were other reasons for his actions.
Part 1: Describe the two reasons why Grace thinks Gary may not deserve to be punished.
Part 2: Why would someone like Grace stick up for Gary?
Part 3: If you were in a similar position as Grace, would you have stuck up for Gary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The molestation which occurs in this book is vile, though the perpetrators never seem to see the issue with this happening.
Part 1: Describe what happens when Rosebeth is in bed with Gary, Barrett, and Nicole.
Part 2: Why don't the characters think they are doing anything wrong? Or do they?
Part 3: Do you think this situation will cause Rosebeth to become a molester in her lifetime? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,622 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)