|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the signal Schiller will give if he doesn't want Gary to answer a particular question?
(c) Rubbing his chin
(d) Rubbing his eye
2. To whom does Gary offer $5000 for a change of clothes so he can escape?
3. Jeff Newman, the man who shows up at Nicole's house the day her body is discovered after her pill overdose, is from what publication?
(a) National Enquirer
(b) The Globe
(d) Us Weekly
4. Who is the famous journalist/reporter that is in town trying to learn more about the Gary Gilmore case?
(a) Oprah Winfrey
(b) Geraldo Rivera
(c) Sally Smith
(d) Phil Donohue
5. When others tell Gary he needs to get back at Gibbs, what does Gary say? "I can __________ from here."
(a) See the truth
(b) Make plans
(c) Handle it
(d) See the problem
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Gary's second to last words before he is killed?
2. Who works with the ACLU to get a stay on the execution?
3. What is Gary at first not allowed to eat because it's not on his Last Supper list?
4. Why does Gary have a temper tantrum which leads to his being forced to spend Christmas in solitary?
5. What does Schiller make Gary do in order to regulate the questions he is being asked by his lawyers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence is presented in the book which leads the reader to believe Gary was not serious about killing himself?
2. Why does the Warden allow Boaz to interview Gary?
3. What does Schiller mistakenly do in regards to Nicole?
4. What does the signal of rubbing his chin mean Schiller wants Gary to do during an interview with the media?
5. What do Moody and Sanger do when they are visiting Gary at the prison?
6. Describe the Mormon vision Peter Galovan has about Gary.
7. What does Earl Dorius do in order to stop the reporters and other interviews from having access to Gary?
8. Where is Brenda when Geraldo Rivera calls to get an interview about Gary from her?
9. Why does the Enquirer hire an expert to analyze the stresses in Gary's voice during the interviews?
10. What does Gary say when asked if he went into the motel and the service station to kill someone?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)