|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Gary's second to last words before he is killed?
(a) Let's do it
(b) You will suffer
(c) To hell with you
(d) I'm ready
2. Who decides that wooing Gary's family might be a better way to get the rights to his story?
(a) Stanley Greenberg
(b) David Susskind
(c) Larry Schiller
(d) Earl Dorius
3. Who does the Enquirer hire that seems to believe Gary does not actually want to die?
(b) Expert in voice analysis
(c) Expert in handwriting
4. What does Gary learn during his last interview - "Says it's illegal to use _______ to shoot me."
(b) The law
(c) Taxpayer money
5. What does Schiller make Gary do in order to regulate the questions he is being asked by his lawyers?
(a) Only answer every other one
(b) Give them to him beforehand
(d) Read them aloud
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brenda's reaction when Gary does not deny the fact he wanted Nicole's suicide to work?
2. What does Boaz have to do because the officers believe he is the one who sneaked sleeping pills into Gary?
3. Who does Geraldo Rivera try to call in order to get an interview, although he/she is in the hospital?
4. What does Schiller feel he needs to do with Gary in order to make his planned book and film production work?
5. From what do Gary's friends throw his ashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the media do since no one has any access to Gary and to his story?
2. What evidence is presented in the book which leads the reader to believe Gary was not serious about killing himself?
3. What happens to Nicole after she ingests the very large dose of Seconal?
4. What does Gary do in response to his new execution date of January 17?
5. What gives Schiller a leg up in the competition to get the rights to Gary's story?
6. What does Schiller realize when he is already inside the prison's fence?
7. What happens to Nicole after she is released from the state hospital?
8. What does Earl Dorius do in order to stop the reporters and other interviews from having access to Gary?
9. What are the refreshments provided to Gary on his last night before the execution?
10. What does Gary find out about his old cellmate from Utah County Jail in Provo?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)