|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Schiller realize he does not have once he is inside the prison's fence?
(a) Audio recorder
2. Who works with the ACLU to get a stay on the execution?
3. Who does Gary end up kissing at his going away party, even though she is taken?
4. Gary writes a letter protesting the _______ of his execution, accusing the state of not having the courage of its convictions.
5. __________ is undecided whether or not he wants to pursue a stay against his brother's wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gary have a temper tantrum which leads to his being forced to spend Christmas in solitary?
2. What does one reporter say about the media's attention to Gary: "Can you believe the attention this cheap ______ is getting?"
3. Who is the famous journalist/reporter that is in town trying to learn more about the Gary Gilmore case?
4. What does Geraldo promise the viewers of his segment about the execution that they will be able to hear?
5. Who is taken in as the agent fro Gary during the setting of the rights to Gary's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeff Newman try to push his way into Nicole's house?
2. What gives Schiller a leg up in the competition to get the rights to Gary's story?
3. Why is Schiller in Hawaii as Gary continues to be interviewed by the media?
4. What are the refreshments provided to Gary on his last night before the execution?
5. Why does the Enquirer hire an expert to analyze the stresses in Gary's voice during the interviews?
6. What does Earl Dorius find out in a phone call the night before Gary's execution?
7. Who is Denniz Boaz and why does he become a part of Gary's case?
8. What does Earl Dorius do in order to stop the reporters and other interviews from having access to Gary?
9. What evidence is presented in the book which leads the reader to believe Gary was not serious about killing himself?
10. Describe the Mormon vision Peter Galovan has about Gary.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)