|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary writes a letter protesting the _______ of his execution, accusing the state of not having the courage of its convictions.
2. What does Geraldo promise the viewers of his segment about the execution that they will be able to hear?
(a) The shots
(b) The weeping
(c) The screams
(d) The blood spatter
3. Who turns out to have been working undercover for several government agencies?
(d) Leon Schiller
4. Larry Schiller is a former ________ photographer turned sensationalist writer and wanna-be documentary producer.
(c) National Geographic
5. Who does Gary contact in order to get the new attorney in his corner to argue the stay?
(a) Earl Dorius
(b) Cline Campbell
(d) Bill Barrett
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does the answer to #98 drive, although it is in danger of being repossessed?
2. The priest at the memorial service reminds the guests that, "We knew him as a ______ person. We shall always retain and keep that memory..."
3. What does the doctor say when the doctor finds out about Gary's death? "Oh, that's really too bad. They should have _______ him a long time ago."
4. The US Supreme Court decided that the press does not have a constitutional right to enter prisons to ____________.
5. What does Nicole entrust Tamara with, although she asks for them back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Sam Smith, the Warden, and other officials looking over the laws?
2. What does the signal of rubbing his chin mean Schiller wants Gary to do during an interview with the media?
3. Who is Denniz Boaz and why does he become a part of Gary's case?
4. Why can't Gary eat pizza along with the other friends of his when they visit in the prison?
5. What does Earl Dorius find out in a phone call the night before Gary's execution?
6. Why have Warden Sam Smith and others at the prison been keeping the reporters away from Gary?
7. Why does Jeff Newman try to push his way into Nicole's house?
8. What does Gary say when asked if he went into the motel and the service station to kill someone?
9. What evidence is presented in the book which leads the reader to believe Gary was not serious about killing himself?
10. What does Gary find out about his old cellmate from Utah County Jail in Provo?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)