|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The priest at the memorial service reminds the guests that, "We knew him as a ______ person. We shall always retain and keep that memory..."
(a) Great, lovable
2. What has Gary already willed to others?
(a) His money
(b) His jewelry
(c) His organs
(d) His clothing
3. What does Schiller realize he does not have once he is inside the prison's fence?
(d) Audio recorder
4. What is the signal Schiller will give if he doesn't want Gary to answer a particular question?
(a) Rubbing his eye
(c) Rubbing his chin
5. Gary writes a letter protesting the _______ of his execution, accusing the state of not having the courage of its convictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Geraldo Rivera try to call in order to get an interview, although he/she is in the hospital?
2. Who does the Enquirer hire that seems to believe Gary does not actually want to die?
3. Who does Gary have a date with on the morning of his execution?
4. __________ is undecided whether or not he wants to pursue a stay against his brother's wishes.
5. Who works with the ACLU to get a stay on the execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Moody and Sanger do when they are visiting Gary at the prison?
2. Why does the Enquirer hire an expert to analyze the stresses in Gary's voice during the interviews?
3. Why are Sam Smith, the Warden, and other officials looking over the laws?
4. Why can't Gary eat pizza along with the other friends of his when they visit in the prison?
5. Why have Warden Sam Smith and others at the prison been keeping the reporters away from Gary?
6. What do the media do since no one has any access to Gary and to his story?
7. Who does Boaz think Campbell is when he shows up at his door?
8. Where are Gary's ashes spread after his death, suitably illegally spread?
9. Why is Schiller in Hawaii as Gary continues to be interviewed by the media?
10. What happens to Nicole after she ingests the very large dose of Seconal?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)