|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns out to have been working undercover for several government agencies?
(b) Leon Schiller
2. Who does Gary have a date with on the morning of his execution?
(b) Firing squad
3. Who is the pot-smoking, hippie-like, former prosecuting attorney from Boalt Hall?
(a) Dennis Boaz
(b) Bill Barrett
(c) Earl Dorius
(d) Roger Calhoun
4. What does Boaz get from the answer to #113 that allows him to confess his innocence in getting Gary sleeping pills?
(b) Media coverage
5. What does Gary call those on the Parole Board who do not seek to fulfill the sentence they gave him?
Short Answer Questions
1. The priest at the memorial service reminds the guests that, "We knew him as a ______ person. We shall always retain and keep that memory..."
2. What does one reporter say about the media's attention to Gary: "Can you believe the attention this cheap ______ is getting?"
3. What does Schiller realize he does not have once he is inside the prison's fence?
4. What does the doctor say when the doctor finds out about Gary's death? "Oh, that's really too bad. They should have _______ him a long time ago."
5. What does Gary do after he learns about his new execution date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeff Newman try to push his way into Nicole's house?
2. Who does Boaz think Campbell is when he shows up at his door?
3. What are Stephanie, her mother, and Schiller's mother going to do that they are hiding from Gary?
4. Describe the Mormon vision Peter Galovan has about Gary.
5. What does Schiller mistakenly do in regards to Nicole?
6. What does Gary find out about his old cellmate from Utah County Jail in Provo?
7. What gives Schiller a leg up in the competition to get the rights to Gary's story?
8. What does Schiller realize when he is already inside the prison's fence?
9. Why have Warden Sam Smith and others at the prison been keeping the reporters away from Gary?
10. Why are Sam Smith, the Warden, and other officials looking over the laws?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)