|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boaz have to do because the officers believe he is the one who sneaked sleeping pills into Gary?
(a) Stay away from the prison
(b) Talk with him on a phone through glass
(c) Go to jail for a few days
(d) Pay a fine
2. Larry Schiller is a former ________ photographer turned sensationalist writer and wanna-be documentary producer.
(b) National Geographic
3. For what magazine is the interview that Farrell is working out as Schiller is on vacation?
4. When others tell Gary he needs to get back at Gibbs, what does Gary say? "I can __________ from here."
(a) See the problem
(b) Make plans
(c) Handle it
(d) See the truth
5. What is given to Gary every few hours during his final party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns out to have been working undercover for several government agencies?
2. Who does the Enquirer hire that seems to believe Gary does not actually want to die?
3. What does Tamara Smith do in order to get more of the story on Gary?
4. What is the nickname Nicole is given by Gary, although it only comes up in their letters?
5. The night before his execution, Gary and his friends enjoy "A Night of Dancing and Light ____________."
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the media do since no one has any access to Gary and to his story?
2. Why are Sam Smith, the Warden, and other officials looking over the laws?
3. What does the signal of rubbing his chin mean Schiller wants Gary to do during an interview with the media?
4. Where are Gary's ashes spread after his death, suitably illegally spread?
5. What do Moody and Sanger do when they are visiting Gary at the prison?
6. What does Earl Dorius do in order to stop the reporters and other interviews from having access to Gary?
7. What does Gary say when asked if he went into the motel and the service station to kill someone?
8. What evidence is presented in the book which leads the reader to believe Gary was not serious about killing himself?
9. What are the refreshments provided to Gary on his last night before the execution?
10. What are Stephanie, her mother, and Schiller's mother going to do that they are hiding from Gary?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)