|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one reporter say about the media's attention to Gary: "Can you believe the attention this cheap ______ is getting?"
2. Who insists that a bulk of the proceeds derived from the deal with Schiller go to benefit the children of Gary's victims?
3. Who does Gary want a phone call from in order to stop his hunger strike?
4. When others tell Gary he needs to get back at Gibbs, what does Gary say? "I can __________ from here."
(a) Handle it
(b) Make plans
(c) See the problem
(d) See the truth
5. Because Boaz is not a member of the Utah bar, he needs a ________ in order to plead Gary's case before the court.
(d) Course in legal form
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recognizes that with Gary's knowledge of drugs, he knew he wasn't taking a lethal dose of sleeping pills?
2. How often do the two lawyers for Gary still visit him each day?
3. Who does Gary have a date with on the morning of his execution?
4. Gary writes a letter protesting the _______ of his execution, accusing the state of not having the courage of its convictions.
5. Why does Gary have a temper tantrum which leads to his being forced to spend Christmas in solitary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the signal of rubbing his chin mean Schiller wants Gary to do during an interview with the media?
2. What happens to Nicole after she is released from the state hospital?
3. Why is Schiller in Hawaii as Gary continues to be interviewed by the media?
4. What do the media do since no one has any access to Gary and to his story?
5. What does Earl Dorius do in order to stop the reporters and other interviews from having access to Gary?
6. What does Gary say when asked if he went into the motel and the service station to kill someone?
7. Why can't Gary eat pizza along with the other friends of his when they visit in the prison?
8. What happens to Nicole after she ingests the very large dose of Seconal?
9. Why are Sam Smith, the Warden, and other officials looking over the laws?
10. Who is Denniz Boaz and why does he become a part of Gary's case?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)