|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boaz have to do because the officers believe he is the one who sneaked sleeping pills into Gary?
(a) Stay away from the prison
(b) Go to jail for a few days
(c) Talk with him on a phone through glass
(d) Pay a fine
2. Who does Gary contact in order to get the new attorney in his corner to argue the stay?
(b) Cline Campbell
(c) Earl Dorius
(d) Bill Barrett
3. The US Supreme Court decided that the press does not have a constitutional right to enter prisons to ____________.
(a) Talk to the wardens
(b) See the death row cells
(c) Interview inmates
(d) See executions
4. __________ is undecided whether or not he wants to pursue a stay against his brother's wishes.
5. What is Gary at first not allowed to eat because it's not on his Last Supper list?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the warden at Utah State Penitentiary that tries to keep all of the reporters out, although he lets Boaz in?
2. What is Gary's eventual new execution date, as prescribed by the judge?
3. How long of a time period after the ruling must a prisoner be executed in?
4. Where does Nicole eventually end up, even though she was settling well into a new life?
5. What is wrong with the room they put Gary in during his sentencing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Schiller realize when he is already inside the prison's fence?
2. What does Earl Dorius do in order to stop the reporters and other interviews from having access to Gary?
3. What happens to Nicole after she is released from the state hospital?
4. Why does the Warden allow Boaz to interview Gary?
5. What does Earl Dorius find out in a phone call the night before Gary's execution?
6. What evidence is presented in the book which leads the reader to believe Gary was not serious about killing himself?
7. Why have Warden Sam Smith and others at the prison been keeping the reporters away from Gary?
8. Who is Denniz Boaz and why does he become a part of Gary's case?
9. What do Moody and Sanger do when they are visiting Gary at the prison?
10. Why are Sam Smith, the Warden, and other officials looking over the laws?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)