|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lot where Gary's truck is situated?
(a) Clarksdale Auto
(b) Acme Motors
(c) Provo Parts
(d) V.J. Motors
2. What kind of execution does Gary prefer, according to his statement to the judge when asked about his choice of manner of death?
(a) Electric chair
(d) Lethal injection
3. Who does Gary meet at Nicole's mother's house before heading out on his killing spree?
4. What do Sterling and Gary talk about a lot as they work in Vern's shop?
(a) The news
5. Who does Gary ask to babysit for Nicole's daughters, causing some to feel he might have less than ideal intentions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cases are rare in Provo, making Gary's case one in a lifetime?
2. What is Gary's mental health diagnosis that limits his ability to plead an insanity defense?
3. What did Dr. Wesley Weissart diagnose Gary with when he was at Oregon State Penitentiary?
4. With which state's authorities does Gary get into trouble for auto theft and felony assault?
5. Gary writes letters to Nicole as he is on death row, complaining about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gary make April tell Brenda after the two spend the night together at the Holiday Inn?
2. What does Nicole pride herself on at the time when she meets Gary?
3. What is the evidence the prosecution has in the case against Gary?
4. Why does Grace McGinnis eventually sever ties with Bessie and her clan?
5. Why has Gary begun to hate his Mustang and to begin to look for an alternative car?
6. What does Gary do that shows he is an exceptionally strong man?
7. What do people have to say about Gary's talents as an artist?
8. What are some of the good times Bessie and Gary shared between his prison sentences?
9. What is the biggest obstacle for the lawyers who are trying to defend Gary in his murder charges?
10. What does Cline Campbell have to say about Gary's decision to let the state kill him?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)