|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man who molested Nicole when she was around 6 years of age?
2. What did Gary do when he was in jail in order to get more privacy and solitude?
(a) Attempt suicide
(b) Ask to be put into solitary
(d) Go to the hospital wing
3. What kind of cases are rare in Provo, making Gary's case one in a lifetime?
(a) First degree manslaughter
(b) Second degree murder
(d) First degree murder
4. Nicole doesn't think there's anything wrong with being with other men because she doesn't ___________.
(a) Befriend them
(b) Kiss them
(c) Love them
(d) Know their names
5. What does Gary rob first in order to get money for a truck payment?
(a) Drug store
(d) Gas station
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gary steal in response to his problems with the truck dealership?
2. Who does Nicole talk to when she says she has met someone she is spiritually tied to?
3. Much of the appeals process is ______, requiring little participation on the part of the convict.
4. Who is an uptight religious fanatic who is given to nervous breakdowns?
5. Before Nicole is 11, she won't let anybody "__________," but she still likes taking her clothes off and letting people look.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Peter Galovan, a character who emerges in Book 1, Part 3.
2. What are some of the things Gary thinks are interesting, revealing that he hasn't been in a bar in a long time?
3. Describe how Gary acts as a worker at Vern's shop.
4. What is the coincidence that makes Nicole think she and Gary are somehow connected by the universe when they first meet?
5. What does Peter see that causes him to talk to Ida about his findings?
6. Why do Nicole's other lovers become a bit unnerved by her and by her situation?
7. What do people have to say about Gary's talents as an artist?
8. Why does Gary contact Brenda as he comes to the end of his jail term in Oregon?
9. Why has Gary begun to hate his Mustang and to begin to look for an alternative car?
10. What happened to Nicole's Mustang which makes her have to hitchhike in order to see Gary in prison?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)