|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cline Campbell's role in the prison setting, requested by Gary for his services?
(a) Mentor guide
(b) Mormon chaplain
(d) Volunteer coordinator
2. What do people say about Gary when they talk about his art work?
(a) He is a sick man
(b) He doesn't understand art
(c) He draws like a real artist
(d) He is horrible
3. What did Gary do when he was in jail in order to get more privacy and solitude?
(b) Attempt suicide
(c) Go to the hospital wing
(d) Ask to be put into solitary
4. Brenda tells Gary on the phone that she will bring him new clothes and _________ even though she has alerted the police to his position.
(a) Bus fare
(b) A gun
(c) Plane tickets
5. Who thinks Gary might have been the trigger man in the gas station murder?
(a) Mont Court
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gary assume Nicole will do once he is dead?
2. With which state's authorities does Gary get into trouble for auto theft and felony assault?
3. What did Dr. Wesley Weissart diagnose Gary with when he was at Oregon State Penitentiary?
4. The dealer of the white truck won't sell it to Gary without a __________, which makes him mad.
5. What kind of cases are rare in Provo, making Gary's case one in a lifetime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the good times Bessie and Gary shared between his prison sentences?
2. Why do Nicole's other lovers become a bit unnerved by her and by her situation?
3. Why has Gary begun to hate his Mustang and to begin to look for an alternative car?
4. What is one of the first signs in the book that Gary might have feelings for younger girls?
5. Describe the nature of Nicole's first marriage.
6. Why does Gary contact Brenda as he comes to the end of his jail term in Oregon?
7. What does Cline Campbell have to say about Gary's decision to let the state kill him?
8. Who will Gary live with after he gets out of prison?
9. What is the coincidence that makes Nicole think she and Gary are somehow connected by the universe when they first meet?
10. What do people have to say about Gary's talents as an artist?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)