|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people say about Gary when they talk about his art work?
(a) He is a sick man
(b) He doesn't understand art
(c) He is horrible
(d) He draws like a real artist
2. Gary will be the first man to be ____________ in the United States in a decade.
(b) Put into solitary confinement
(c) His own lawyer
(d) Guilty of more than one murder
3. Whose car is Gary driving when he has the altercation with the security guard?
(b) His own
4. Who does Gary ask to babysit for Nicole's daughters, causing some to feel he might have less than ideal intentions?
5. Who is Gary's first date since being out of prison?
(d) Lu Ann
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kind of acid Nicole drops that causes her to scream and yell and run through the streets of Provo?
2. What kind of execution does Gary prefer, according to his statement to the judge when asked about his choice of manner of death?
3. Who makes the short argument for leniency for Gary, even though no one expects it to actually work?
4. How old was Nicole when she first got married?
5. Lu Ann points out that Gary has not been in a ___________ for a long time.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nicole taken off of Gary's visiting list at the prison, although she is eventually reinstated?
2. Why has Gary begun to hate his Mustang and to begin to look for an alternative car?
3. What do people have to say about Gary's talents as an artist?
4. What is the biggest obstacle for the lawyers who are trying to defend Gary in his murder charges?
5. What are the mental health conclusions that Esplin and Snyder learn in their trips to Utah State Hospital?
6. Describe the nature of Nicole's first marriage.
7. What does Gary do that shows he is an exceptionally strong man?
8. Who will Gary live with after he gets out of prison?
9. Describe how Gary acts as a worker at Vern's shop.
10. What does Cline Campbell have to say about Gary's decision to let the state kill him?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)