|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary has to swallow the indignity of __________ as there are no concrete curbs that need smashing at the time.
(a) Poor manners
(d) His lack of sexual experience
2. How often does the drug Grace blames for Gary's actions have to be used in order to be an effective chemical restraint?
(a) Every two hours
(b) Once a week
(c) Every hour
(d) Every day
3. Who is the witness to the murder and robbery Gary commits at the hotel?
(a) Johnny Townsend
(b) Peter Arroyo
(c) Peter Galvon
(d) Kevin Smith
4. Lu Ann points out that Gary has not been in a ___________ for a long time.
5. What kind of cases are rare in Provo, making Gary's case one in a lifetime?
(b) First degree manslaughter
(c) Second degree murder
(d) First degree murder
Short Answer Questions
1. Gary writes in a letter that he thinks ____________ might return him to the world a happier person.
2. Who does Gary contact so he has a place to stay and a job when he gets out of prison?
3. Gary Gilmore might end up in Oregon, but where was he born?
4. What is the profession of Grace McGinnis?
5. What does Vern easily beat Gary at, which causes him to feel a little less than a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gary contact Brenda as he comes to the end of his jail term in Oregon?
2. Why is Gary's case the case of a lifetime for Esplin and Snyder?
3. What does Gary make April tell Brenda after the two spend the night together at the Holiday Inn?
4. Describe the nature of Nicole's first marriage.
5. What is the coincidence that makes Nicole think she and Gary are somehow connected by the universe when they first meet?
6. What does Cline Campbell have to say about Gary's decision to let the state kill him?
7. Describe the character of Peter Galovan, a character who emerges in Book 1, Part 3.
8. What happened to Nicole's Mustang which makes her have to hitchhike in order to see Gary in prison?
9. What happens when Gary and Nicole try to consummate their new relationship?
10. What is one of the first signs in the book that Gary might have feelings for younger girls?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)