|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the loud and comical item Gary wears that makes him stand out in a crowd?
2. What kind of shop does Spencer McGrath run which is where Gary eventually gets another job?
(b) Shoe repair
(d) Oil change
3. Who tells Gary that he can whip him, which is why he isn't afraid of Gary?
4. What is the name of Nicole's first husband, who she meets after escaping from the nuthouse?
(a) Gary Smith
(b) Joe Hillard
(c) Jim Hampton
(d) Tom Roberts
5. Whose albums did Gary and Bessie listen to during some of their happier times together?
(a) Roy Orbison
(b) Rolling Stones
(c) Def Leppard
(d) Johnny Cash
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Nicole feel even more moved by the depth of Gary's soul?
2. What is the kind of acid Nicole drops that causes her to scream and yell and run through the streets of Provo?
3. Who decides that the answer to #38 is much too young for the responsibility of taking care of children?
4. Brenda tells Gary on the phone that she will bring him new clothes and _________ even though she has alerted the police to his position.
5. Lu Ann points out that Gary has not been in a ___________ for a long time.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the first signs in the book that Gary might have feelings for younger girls?
2. What do people have to say about Gary's talents as an artist?
3. What does Cline Campbell have to say about Gary's decision to let the state kill him?
4. What does Sterling attribute to causing the bond between himself and Gary?
5. What does Peter see that causes him to talk to Ida about his findings?
6. What are some of the good times Bessie and Gary shared between his prison sentences?
7. What are the two causes for Gary's murderous behaviors, according to Grace, his apologist?
8. What is the biggest obstacle for the lawyers who are trying to defend Gary in his murder charges?
9. Why do Nicole's other lovers become a bit unnerved by her and by her situation?
10. Who will Gary live with after he gets out of prison?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)