|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicole promise during her reconciliation with Gary after he writes her a long and explosive letter?
(a) More children
(b) To leave him forever
2. Nicole's other lovers are a bit spooked by Gary as he is a ______________ who thinks Nicole is his alone.
(a) Serial murderer
(d) Strong man
3. What does Nicole confess in one of her letters to Gary that causes him to go ballistic?
(a) She's spent his money
(b) She's been sleeping around
(c) She's leaving him
(d) She doesn't love him
4. Before Nicole is 11, she won't let anybody "__________," but she still likes taking her clothes off and letting people look.
(a) Kiss her
(b) Put it in
(c) Grope her breasts
(d) Date her
5. What is NOT one of the pieces of circumstantial evidence that the prosecution has?
(a) Strand of hair
(b) Witness to Gary in motel
(c) Blood trail
(d) Bullet matching
Short Answer Questions
1. Gary Gilmore might end up in Oregon, but where was he born?
2. What kind of cases are rare in Provo, making Gary's case one in a lifetime?
3. What does Bessie do to make ends meet, even though she has crippling arthritis?
4. The dealer of the white truck won't sell it to Gary without a __________, which makes him mad.
5. Who is the twelve-year-old girl Nicole and Gary invite into their bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the biggest obstacle for the lawyers who are trying to defend Gary in his murder charges?
2. Describe the state of April, Nicole's sister, when Gary finds her at Nicole's mother's house.
3. What happens when Gary and Nicole try to consummate their new relationship?
4. What are the two causes for Gary's murderous behaviors, according to Grace, his apologist?
5. What does Sterling attribute to causing the bond between himself and Gary?
6. Why is Gary's case the case of a lifetime for Esplin and Snyder?
7. What are some of the things Gary thinks are interesting, revealing that he hasn't been in a bar in a long time?
8. What does Nicole pride herself on at the time when she meets Gary?
9. What is the coincidence that makes Nicole think she and Gary are somehow connected by the universe when they first meet?
10. What is Peter's reason for living, as described in the book, even though he can't handle much stress?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)