|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists Gary is trying to kill them, so they press charges against Gary?
2. What do Sterling and Gary talk about a lot as they work in Vern's shop?
(a) The news
3. What makes Nicole feel even more moved by the depth of Gary's soul?
(a) He gives her money
(b) He cries for his mother
(c) He loves her children
(d) He wants to marry her
4. Grace thought, "I'll bet a ________ he knew those boys were Mormon before he killed them."
(a) Million dollars
5. Nicole doesn't think there's anything wrong with being with other men because she doesn't ___________.
(a) Befriend them
(b) Know their names
(c) Love them
(d) Kiss them
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does April refuse to have sex with Gary when they are at the Provo Holiday Inn?
2. Who is Gary's first date since being out of prison?
3. Who is a sex addict who is not tethered securely to reality?
4. What hasn't Nicole done in the weeks before meeting Gary, although this changes when they meet?
5. What is the profession of Grace McGinnis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the state of April, Nicole's sister, when Gary finds her at Nicole's mother's house.
2. What does Gary make April tell Brenda after the two spend the night together at the Holiday Inn?
3. What are the mental health conclusions that Esplin and Snyder learn in their trips to Utah State Hospital?
4. Who will Gary live with after he gets out of prison?
5. Why has Gary begun to hate his Mustang and to begin to look for an alternative car?
6. Why do Gary's lawyers believe the death sentence will not be carried out and that it will be eventually overturned?
7. What are some of the good times Bessie and Gary shared between his prison sentences?
8. Describe how Gary acts as a worker at Vern's shop.
9. What is the biggest obstacle for the lawyers who are trying to defend Gary in his murder charges?
10. Why does Grace McGinnis eventually sever ties with Bessie and her clan?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)