|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gary's truck end up as the police are trying to take him into custody?
(a) The middle of the road
(b) A drainage ditch
(c) The impound
(d) Nicole's possession
2. How often does the drug Grace blames for Gary's actions have to be used in order to be an effective chemical restraint?
(a) Every hour
(b) Every two hours
(c) Every day
(d) Once a week
3. What is the name of the lot where Gary's truck is situated?
(a) Provo Parts
(b) Clarksdale Auto
(c) V.J. Motors
(d) Acme Motors
4. What kind of car does McGrath buy for Gary, which is also the kind of car that Nicole has?
5. Who does Cahoun move into Gary's cell after Nicole stops coming to visit him?
(a) A doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mormon majority believes that man does go on to become a ______________ and inherits one of the many unused planets when he dies.
2. What does Nicole use in her half-hearted suicide attempt after visiting Gary one day?
3. What does Bessie do to make ends meet, even though she has crippling arthritis?
4. What color is the pickup truck that Gary desires?
5. What does Gary assume Nicole will do once he is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sterling attribute to causing the bond between himself and Gary?
2. Describe how Gary acts as a worker at Vern's shop.
3. Describe the nature of Nicole's first marriage.
4. What happens when Gary and Nicole try to consummate their new relationship?
5. What are some of the things Gary thinks are interesting, revealing that he hasn't been in a bar in a long time?
6. What do people have to say about Gary's talents as an artist?
7. What are the mental health conclusions that Esplin and Snyder learn in their trips to Utah State Hospital?
8. What happened to Nicole's Mustang which makes her have to hitchhike in order to see Gary in prison?
9. Why is Gary's case the case of a lifetime for Esplin and Snyder?
10. Describe Nicole when she meets Gary as the age of twenty.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)