|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicole continues to ____________ from Springfield in order to get to Gary.
(a) Ride a bike
(c) Ride a bus
2. Gary Gilmore might end up in Oregon, but where was he born?
3. Brenda tells Gary on the phone that she will bring him new clothes and _________ even though she has alerted the police to his position.
(a) Plane tickets
(b) Bus fare
(d) A gun
4. Who does Nicole decide to leave with when she is seven months pregnant and homeless?
(b) Her dad
(c) Her mom
(d) Her brother
5. What does Peter continue to check himself in for at the local mental hospital?
(c) Lithium treatments
(d) Solitary confinement
Short Answer Questions
1. Much of the appeals process is ______, requiring little participation on the part of the convict.
2. Who is the twelve-year-old girl Nicole and Gary invite into their bed?
3. What did Gary do when he was in jail in order to get more privacy and solitude?
4. What makes Nicole feel even more moved by the depth of Gary's soul?
5. What does Gary discover is his real last name, according to his birth certificate, although he had been told otherwise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter see that causes him to talk to Ida about his findings?
2. What is the evidence the prosecution has in the case against Gary?
3. What happens when Gary and Nicole try to consummate their new relationship?
4. Who will Gary live with after he gets out of prison?
5. Why do Gary's lawyers believe the death sentence will not be carried out and that it will be eventually overturned?
6. Why do Nicole's other lovers become a bit unnerved by her and by her situation?
7. What is the biggest obstacle for the lawyers who are trying to defend Gary in his murder charges?
8. Describe the character of Peter Galovan, a character who emerges in Book 1, Part 3.
9. What do people have to say about Gary's talents as an artist?
10. Describe the state of April, Nicole's sister, when Gary finds her at Nicole's mother's house.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)