|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary assume Nicole will do once he is dead?
(a) Stay single forever
(b) Forget about him
(c) Run away with another man
(d) Commit suicide
2. In what city does Nicole live with her two small children?
(a) Salt Lake City
(b) Spanish Fork
3. Why can't Nicole take her car to go see Gary at the prison?
(a) It was stolen
(b) She lost her license
(c) It is broken
(d) She hurt her foot
4. What is the nickname Nicole earns when she is in school because of her growing chest?
(a) Naughty Nicole
(b) The Squish Girl
(c) Double D
(d) Foam Rubber
5. With which state's authorities does Gary get into trouble for auto theft and felony assault?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the witness to the murder and robbery Gary commits at the hotel?
2. Who else does Grace blame for Gary's behavior as they will not pay the back taxes on Bessie's house?
3. What hasn't Nicole done in the weeks before meeting Gary, although this changes when they meet?
4. What does Gary suggest he and Rikki do when he isn't able to pick up women?
5. The Mormon majority believes that man does go on to become a ______________ and inherits one of the many unused planets when he dies.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who will Gary live with after he gets out of prison?
2. What is the biggest obstacle for the lawyers who are trying to defend Gary in his murder charges?
3. Describe how Gary acts as a worker at Vern's shop.
4. Why do Nicole's other lovers become a bit unnerved by her and by her situation?
5. What is Peter's reason for living, as described in the book, even though he can't handle much stress?
6. What happened to Nicole's Mustang which makes her have to hitchhike in order to see Gary in prison?
7. Describe the character of Peter Galovan, a character who emerges in Book 1, Part 3.
8. Describe the state of April, Nicole's sister, when Gary finds her at Nicole's mother's house.
9. Why does Gary contact Brenda as he comes to the end of his jail term in Oregon?
10. What are some of the things Gary thinks are interesting, revealing that he hasn't been in a bar in a long time?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)