|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary try to steal in response to Nicole's leaving him?
(c) Tape deck
2. What makes Nicole feel even more moved by the depth of Gary's soul?
(a) He gives her money
(b) He loves her children
(c) He wants to marry her
(d) He cries for his mother
3. Who tells Gary that he can whip him, which is why he isn't afraid of Gary?
4. What does Gary get into the habit of doing with Sterling?
(a) Stealing cars
(b) Picking up young girls
(c) Smoking crack
(d) Playing poker
5. Who is an uptight religious fanatic who is given to nervous breakdowns?
(a) Vern Mahtoch
(b) Reginald Smith
(c) Richard Peterson
(d) Peter Galovan
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the pieces of circumstantial evidence that the prosecution has?
2. Who thinks Gary might have been the trigger man in the gas station murder?
3. What kind of shop does Spencer McGrath run which is where Gary eventually gets another job?
4. Brenda tells Gary on the phone that she will bring him new clothes and _________ even though she has alerted the police to his position.
5. Grace thought, "I'll bet a ________ he knew those boys were Mormon before he killed them."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicole pride herself on at the time when she meets Gary?
2. What does Schiller realize when he is already inside the prison's fence?
3. Who does Boaz think Campbell is when he shows up at his door?
4. What evidence is presented in the book which leads the reader to believe Gary was not serious about killing himself?
5. Where is Brenda when Geraldo Rivera calls to get an interview about Gary from her?
6. What do the media do since no one has any access to Gary and to his story?
7. What does Peter see that causes him to talk to Ida about his findings?
8. What are the mental health conclusions that Esplin and Snyder learn in their trips to Utah State Hospital?
9. What do people have to say about Gary's talents as an artist?
10. Who is Denniz Boaz and why does he become a part of Gary's case?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)