|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary writes in a letter that he thinks ____________ might return him to the world a happier person.
2. Who insists Gary is trying to kill them, so they press charges against Gary?
3. How many times has Nicole already been married at the point when she meets Gary?
4. Gary will be the first man to be ____________ in the United States in a decade.
(a) Guilty of more than one murder
(b) Put into solitary confinement
(c) His own lawyer
5. What do Sterling and Gary talk about a lot as they work in Vern's shop?
(d) The news
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cases are rare in Provo, making Gary's case one in a lifetime?
2. What does Gary try to steal in response to Nicole's leaving him?
3. Campbell says that while suicide is a sin, paying for your sins with ______________ would not necessarily be wrong.
4. Who is the man who molested Nicole when she was around 6 years of age?
5. What does Nicole promise during her reconciliation with Gary after he writes her a long and explosive letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two causes for Gary's murderous behaviors, according to Grace, his apologist?
2. What happened to Nicole's Mustang which makes her have to hitchhike in order to see Gary in prison?
3. What does Cline Campbell have to say about Gary's decision to let the state kill him?
4. What does Nicole pride herself on at the time when she meets Gary?
5. What is Peter's reason for living, as described in the book, even though he can't handle much stress?
6. Why has Gary begun to hate his Mustang and to begin to look for an alternative car?
7. What are the mental health conclusions that Esplin and Snyder learn in their trips to Utah State Hospital?
8. What are some of the good times Bessie and Gary shared between his prison sentences?
9. Describe the nature of Nicole's first marriage.
10. Why is Nicole taken off of Gary's visiting list at the prison, although she is eventually reinstated?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)