|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary Gilmore might end up in Oregon, but where was he born?
2. What does Vern easily beat Gary at, which causes him to feel a little less than a man?
(a) Arm wrestling
3. Who does Nicole decide to leave with when she is seven months pregnant and homeless?
(a) Her dad
(b) Her mom
(d) Her brother
4. Gary writes letters to Nicole as he is on death row, complaining about what?
(a) The priest
(b) The sun
(c) The books
(d) The noise
5. What is the less embarrassing topic Nicole decides to talk about instead of talking about when she first had sex?
(b) Favorite color
(c) Her children
(d) Pet raccoon
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the judge adjourn Gary's court case early on the day of the defense's case?
2. Who else does Grace blame for Gary's behavior as they will not pay the back taxes on Bessie's house?
3. What is also special about Gary's case that makes it something that should be perfect for prime time coverage too?
4. Who thinks Gary might have been the trigger man in the gas station murder?
5. Who is an uptight religious fanatic who is given to nervous breakdowns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gary make April tell Brenda after the two spend the night together at the Holiday Inn?
2. Why has Gary begun to hate his Mustang and to begin to look for an alternative car?
3. What is the evidence the prosecution has in the case against Gary?
4. What is Peter's reason for living, as described in the book, even though he can't handle much stress?
5. Describe the character of Peter Galovan, a character who emerges in Book 1, Part 3.
6. What does Sterling attribute to causing the bond between himself and Gary?
7. Why do Nicole's other lovers become a bit unnerved by her and by her situation?
8. Describe the state of April, Nicole's sister, when Gary finds her at Nicole's mother's house.
9. What are the two causes for Gary's murderous behaviors, according to Grace, his apologist?
10. What are some of the things Gary thinks are interesting, revealing that he hasn't been in a bar in a long time?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)