|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gary's truck end up as the police are trying to take him into custody?
(a) A drainage ditch
(b) The impound
(c) The middle of the road
(d) Nicole's possession
2. What is the name of the guy that Nicole really likes, even though she is married to her first husband?
(c) The Man
3. What kind of cases are rare in Provo, making Gary's case one in a lifetime?
(a) First degree murder
(b) Second degree murder
(d) First degree manslaughter
4. Gary will be the first man to be ____________ in the United States in a decade.
(a) Put into solitary confinement
(b) Guilty of more than one murder
(d) His own lawyer
5. Who does Gary contact so he has a place to stay and a job when he gets out of prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Nicole take her car to go see Gary at the prison?
2. What is NOT one of the pieces of circumstantial evidence that the prosecution has?
3. In the fight between Gary and Peter, who is the eventual winner?
4. What does Gary accidentally do while trying to dispose of the murder weapon?
5. What is the nickname Nicole earns when she is in school because of her growing chest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Brenda when Geraldo Rivera calls to get an interview about Gary from her?
2. What is the new object of Gary's automobile desires?
3. What does Peter see that causes him to talk to Ida about his findings?
4. What is one of the first signs in the book that Gary might have feelings for younger girls?
5. What do Moody and Sanger do when they are visiting Gary at the prison?
6. What does Earl Dorius find out in a phone call the night before Gary's execution?
7. What is the evidence the prosecution has in the case against Gary?
8. What gives Schiller a leg up in the competition to get the rights to Gary's story?
9. Why does Jeff Newman try to push his way into Nicole's house?
10. Why does Gary contact Brenda as he comes to the end of his jail term in Oregon?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)