|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Nicole is 11, she won't let anybody "__________," but she still likes taking her clothes off and letting people look.
(a) Put it in
(b) Date her
(c) Grope her breasts
(d) Kiss her
2. What does Gary offer to Brenda as he knows they are going through tough times?
(a) A Bible
(b) A gun
(d) His truck
3. Who is an uptight religious fanatic who is given to nervous breakdowns?
(a) Vern Mahtoch
(b) Peter Galovan
(c) Richard Peterson
(d) Reginald Smith
4. Who does Gary ask to babysit for Nicole's daughters, causing some to feel he might have less than ideal intentions?
5. What does Gary rob first in order to get money for a truck payment?
(b) Gas station
(d) Drug store
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicole use in her half-hearted suicide attempt after visiting Gary one day?
2. How many times has Nicole already been married at the point when she meets Gary?
3. What does Peter continue to check himself in for at the local mental hospital?
4. How often does the drug Grace blames for Gary's actions have to be used in order to be an effective chemical restraint?
5. Who else does Grace blame for Gary's behavior as they will not pay the back taxes on Bessie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who will Gary live with after he gets out of prison?
2. What is the biggest obstacle for the lawyers who are trying to defend Gary in his murder charges?
3. Why is Gary's case the case of a lifetime for Esplin and Snyder?
4. Describe Nicole when she meets Gary as the age of twenty.
5. What are some of the things Gary thinks are interesting, revealing that he hasn't been in a bar in a long time?
6. Why do Nicole's other lovers become a bit unnerved by her and by her situation?
7. What do people have to say about Gary's talents as an artist?
8. Why is Nicole taken off of Gary's visiting list at the prison, although she is eventually reinstated?
9. What happens when Gary and Nicole try to consummate their new relationship?
10. What does Peter see that causes him to talk to Ida about his findings?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)