|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists Gary is trying to kill them, so they press charges against Gary?
2. Who is the twelve-year-old girl Nicole and Gary invite into their bed?
3. The Mormon majority believes that man does go on to become a ______________ and inherits one of the many unused planets when he dies.
4. What is Cline Campbell's role in the prison setting, requested by Gary for his services?
(a) Volunteer coordinator
(b) Mormon chaplain
(d) Mentor guide
5. Who is the doctor at the state mental hospital who is evaluating Gary during his prison sentence?
(a) Dr. Smith
(b) Dr. Boaz
(c) Dr. Cahoon
(d) Dr. Woods
Short Answer Questions
1. Lu Ann points out that Gary has not been in a ___________ for a long time.
2. Who does Cahoun move into Gary's cell after Nicole stops coming to visit him?
3. Who does Gary contact so he has a place to stay and a job when he gets out of prison?
4. Much of the appeals process is ______, requiring little participation on the part of the convict.
5. Who is AWOL from the army, but the army takes him back anyway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Gary eat pizza along with the other friends of his when they visit in the prison?
2. Describe how Gary acts as a worker at Vern's shop.
3. What does Gary make April tell Brenda after the two spend the night together at the Holiday Inn?
4. What happens to Nicole after she is released from the state hospital?
5. Why does the Warden allow Boaz to interview Gary?
6. Why is Nicole taken off of Gary's visiting list at the prison, although she is eventually reinstated?
7. What are Stephanie, her mother, and Schiller's mother going to do that they are hiding from Gary?
8. What do Moody and Sanger do when they are visiting Gary at the prison?
9. What evidence is presented in the book which leads the reader to believe Gary was not serious about killing himself?
10. What does Nicole pride herself on at the time when she meets Gary?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)