|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Gary already willed to others?
(a) His money
(b) His organs
(c) His clothing
(d) His jewelry
2. What does Geraldo promise the viewers of his segment about the execution that they will be able to hear?
(a) The weeping
(b) The screams
(c) The blood spatter
(d) The shots
3. Who does Gary contact in order to get the new attorney in his corner to argue the stay?
(a) Bill Barrett
(c) Earl Dorius
(d) Cline Campbell
4. Who does Nicole pick up, although she has promised not to sleep with anyone else?
(a) A hitchhiker
(b) Sam Smith
(c) Larry Schiller
(d) Dennis Boaz
5. What are Gary's second to last words before he is killed?
(a) You will suffer
(b) I'm ready
(c) Let's do it
(d) To hell with you
6. What is the signal Schiller will give if he doesn't want Gary to answer a particular question?
(a) Rubbing his chin
(b) Rubbing his eye
7. __________ is undecided whether or not he wants to pursue a stay against his brother's wishes.
8. What is Gary's eventual new execution date, as prescribed by the judge?
(a) March 1
(b) January 31
(c) January 17
(d) January 7
9. What does Schiller feel he needs to do with Gary in order to make his planned book and film production work?
(a) Write out the entire story
(b) Humanize him
(c) Sensationalize him
(d) Drag out his execution
10. What does Boaz have to do because the officers believe he is the one who sneaked sleeping pills into Gary?
(a) Stay away from the prison
(b) Go to jail for a few days
(c) Talk with him on a phone through glass
(d) Pay a fine
11. Who finds the business of selling Gary's letters ghoulish and distasteful?
12. What is Gary at first not allowed to eat because it's not on his Last Supper list?
13. What does the doctor say when the doctor finds out about Gary's death? "Oh, that's really too bad. They should have _______ him a long time ago."
14. What does Gary do after he learns about his new execution date?
(a) Calls Nicole
(b) Asks for a priest
(c) Celebrates with his jail buddies
(d) Attempts suicide
15. Who works with the ACLU to get a stay on the execution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is already publishing excerpts of the letters of Nicole and Gary?
2. What are Stephanie, her mother, and Schiller's mother planning to try to sell to overseas markets?
3. What does Gary learn during his last interview - "Says it's illegal to use _______ to shoot me."
4. Who has arranged for Gary to talk with Nicole at his execution sentencing?
5. The US Supreme Court decided that the press does not have a constitutional right to enter prisons to ____________.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)