|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nicole eventually end up, even though she was settling well into a new life?
2. What is State Patrolman Jerry Scott called in to do in regards to Gary's body?
(a) Cremate it
(b) Harvest the organs
(c) Perform the autopsy
(d) Transport the corpse
3. Larry Schiller is a former ________ photographer turned sensationalist writer and wanna-be documentary producer.
(c) National Geographic
4. Gary writes a letter protesting the _______ of his execution, accusing the state of not having the courage of its convictions.
5. What are Gary's second to last words before he is killed?
(a) You will suffer
(b) I'm ready
(c) Let's do it
(d) To hell with you
6. What does one reporter say about the media's attention to Gary: "Can you believe the attention this cheap ______ is getting?"
7. To whom does Gary offer $5000 for a change of clothes so he can escape?
8. What is the signal Schiller will give if he doesn't want Gary to answer a particular question?
(b) Rubbing his chin
(d) Rubbing his eye
9. Who is pissed off at Schiller for not being able to attend Gary's memorial service?
(c) Brenda Barrett
(d) Dennis Boaz
10. What does Schiller realize he does not have once he is inside the prison's fence?
(c) Audio recorder
11. For what magazine is the interview that Farrell is working out as Schiller is on vacation?
12. Who recognizes that with Gary's knowledge of drugs, he knew he wasn't taking a lethal dose of sleeping pills?
13. What does Schiller make Gary do in order to regulate the questions he is being asked by his lawyers?
(a) Only answer every other one
(b) Give them to him beforehand
(c) Read them aloud
14. What has Gary already willed to others?
(a) His money
(b) His organs
(c) His clothing
(d) His jewelry
15. Earl Dorius realizes that as the media is let into the prison, the ____________ of the prison becomes lax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the warden at Utah State Penitentiary that tries to keep all of the reporters out, although he lets Boaz in?
2. What does Earl end up preventing as a result of his legal actions to prevent the media access to Gary?
3. What is wrong with the room they put Gary in during his sentencing?
4. Where is Schiller vacationing as the holidays occur over the years 1976 to 1977?
5. The priest at the memorial service reminds the guests that, "We knew him as a ______ person. We shall always retain and keep that memory..."
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)