|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is already publishing excerpts of the letters of Nicole and Gary?
(c) The Globe
2. Who is the famous journalist/reporter that is in town trying to learn more about the Gary Gilmore case?
(a) Phil Donohue
(b) Oprah Winfrey
(c) Geraldo Rivera
(d) Sally Smith
3. Who is the warden at Utah State Penitentiary that tries to keep all of the reporters out, although he lets Boaz in?
(a) Jonas Thomas
(b) Earl Dorius
(c) Bill Barrett
(d) Sam Smith
4. Which newspaper goes to a judge in order to stop the prison's stance on no-interviews?
(a) Chicago Tribune
(b) Utah News
(c) San Francisco Chronicle
(d) Salt Lake City Tribune
5. Who seems to have the inside track with Gary since he has a verbal agreement with Boaz?
(a) Stanley Greenberg
(b) David Susskind
(c) Larry Schiller
(d) Oprah Winfrey
6. What kind of car does Gibbs buy on his way out of town, away from Gary and the theft ring?
(a) Range Rover
7. Where does Schiller get a check for $50,000 in order to secure Gary's story?
8. Who does Gary end up kissing at his going away party, even though she is taken?
9. The US Supreme Court decided that the press does not have a constitutional right to enter prisons to ____________.
(a) See the death row cells
(b) Interview inmates
(c) Talk to the wardens
(d) See executions
10. What are Gary's second to last words before he is killed?
(a) You will suffer
(b) I'm ready
(c) Let's do it
(d) To hell with you
11. In Peter's vision, who is wearing the white robe and walking through walls?
12. Where does Schiller take Nicole after the execution?
(a) Southern California
(d) New Mexico
13. On the recommendation of Schiller, who does Gary finally fire from his case and his media management?
(a) Dennis Boaz
(b) Stanley Greenberg
(c) No one
(d) David Susskind
14. Who does Gary have a date with on the morning of his execution?
(c) Firing squad
15. What does the answer to #98 now do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gary already willed to others?
2. Because Boaz is not a member of the Utah bar, he needs a ________ in order to plead Gary's case before the court.
3. What does Boaz get from the answer to #113 that allows him to confess his innocence in getting Gary sleeping pills?
4. What is the signal Schiller will give if he doesn't want Gary to answer a particular question?
5. What does Schiller realize he does not have once he is inside the prison's fence?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)