|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Geraldo Rivera try to call in order to get an interview, although he/she is in the hospital?
2. Who is taken in as the agent fro Gary during the setting of the rights to Gary's story?
3. Larry Schiller is a former ________ photographer turned sensationalist writer and wanna-be documentary producer.
(b) National Geographic
4. Who is the pot-smoking, hippie-like, former prosecuting attorney from Boalt Hall?
(a) Roger Calhoun
(b) Bill Barrett
(c) Dennis Boaz
(d) Earl Dorius
5. What is wrong with the room they put Gary in during his sentencing?
(a) No water
(b) No windows
(c) No phone
(d) No lights
6. Who has arranged for Gary to talk with Nicole at his execution sentencing?
(a) Leon Snyder
(b) Bob Moody
(c) John Schiller
(d) Denniz Boaz
7. What is given to Gary every few hours during his final party?
8. What does Gary learn during his last interview - "Says it's illegal to use _______ to shoot me."
(b) Taxpayer money
(c) The law
9. Who is already publishing excerpts of the letters of Nicole and Gary?
(d) The Globe
10. What kind of pills does Nicole find in order to go through with her and Gary's suicide pact?
(a) Pain pills
(d) Sleeping pills
11. Who seems to have the inside track with Gary since he has a verbal agreement with Boaz?
(a) Stanley Greenberg
(b) Larry Schiller
(c) Oprah Winfrey
(d) David Susskind
12. What is Gary's eventual new execution date, as prescribed by the judge?
(a) March 1
(b) January 31
(c) January 7
(d) January 17
13. On the recommendation of Schiller, who does Gary finally fire from his case and his media management?
(a) Dennis Boaz
(b) No one
(c) Stanley Greenberg
(d) David Susskind
14. What does Boaz have to do because the officers believe he is the one who sneaked sleeping pills into Gary?
(a) Stay away from the prison
(b) Go to jail for a few days
(c) Talk with him on a phone through glass
(d) Pay a fine
15. What does Gary do after he learns about his new execution date?
(a) Asks for a priest
(b) Celebrates with his jail buddies
(c) Attempts suicide
(d) Calls Nicole
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recognizes that with Gary's knowledge of drugs, he knew he wasn't taking a lethal dose of sleeping pills?
2. What are Gary's second to last words before he is killed?
3. Who is the famous journalist/reporter that is in town trying to learn more about the Gary Gilmore case?
4. Why does Gary have a temper tantrum which leads to his being forced to spend Christmas in solitary?
5. Who is the print journalist that is making his debut with CBS Live and wants an interview with Gary?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)