|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which newspaper goes to a judge in order to stop the prison's stance on no-interviews?
(a) Chicago Tribune
(b) Utah News
(c) Salt Lake City Tribune
(d) San Francisco Chronicle
2. What does the doctor say when the doctor finds out about Gary's death? "Oh, that's really too bad. They should have _______ him a long time ago."
3. Who insists that a bulk of the proceeds derived from the deal with Schiller go to benefit the children of Gary's victims?
4. What time was Gary supposed to have taken the pills he and Nicole promised to take in order to commit suicide?
5. What is Gary trying which has Sam Smith and other officials looking into laws to change his actions?
(a) Suicide attempts
(b) Letter writing campaigns
(c) Hunger strike
6. Who seems to have the inside track with Gary since he has a verbal agreement with Boaz?
(a) Larry Schiller
(b) Stanley Greenberg
(c) David Susskind
(d) Oprah Winfrey
7. The US Supreme Court decided that the press does not have a constitutional right to enter prisons to ____________.
(a) Interview inmates
(b) See executions
(c) See the death row cells
(d) Talk to the wardens
8. What does Boaz get from the answer to #113 that allows him to confess his innocence in getting Gary sleeping pills?
(d) Media coverage
9. Where does Nicole eventually end up, even though she was settling well into a new life?
10. What does Schiller realize he does not have once he is inside the prison's fence?
(d) Audio recorder
11. What does Gary learn during his last interview - "Says it's illegal to use _______ to shoot me."
(a) The law
(c) Taxpayer money
12. Who is pissed off at Schiller for not being able to attend Gary's memorial service?
(a) Dennis Boaz
(c) Brenda Barrett
13. What are Gary's second to last words before he is killed?
(a) You will suffer
(b) To hell with you
(c) Let's do it
(d) I'm ready
14. Who is the pot-smoking, hippie-like, former prosecuting attorney from Boalt Hall?
(a) Roger Calhoun
(b) Bill Barrett
(c) Earl Dorius
(d) Dennis Boaz
15. What does Schiller feel he needs to do with Gary in order to make his planned book and film production work?
(a) Drag out his execution
(b) Write out the entire story
(c) Humanize him
(d) Sensationalize him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works with the ACLU to get a stay on the execution?
2. What is Gary's eventual new execution date, as prescribed by the judge?
3. How long of a time period after the ruling must a prisoner be executed in?
4. Who finds the business of selling Gary's letters ghoulish and distasteful?
5. What kind of car does the answer to #98 drive, although it is in danger of being repossessed?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)