|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long of a time period after the ruling must a prisoner be executed in?
(a) 30 days
(b) 1 day
(c) 45 days
(d) 60 days
2. What kind of car does Gibbs buy on his way out of town, away from Gary and the theft ring?
(d) Range Rover
3. To whom does Gary offer $5000 for a change of clothes so he can escape?
4. What does Tamara Smith do in order to get more of the story on Gary?
(a) Befriends Nicole
(b) Dates Vern
(c) Sleeps with Gibbs
(d) Talks to Bessie
5. What does Earl end up preventing as a result of his legal actions to prevent the media access to Gary?
(a) Talk show
(b) TV production
(c) Wrestling match
(d) A book deal
6. Who does the Enquirer hire that seems to believe Gary does not actually want to die?
(a) Expert in handwriting
(c) Expert in voice analysis
7. What does the answer to #98 now do for a living?
8. Why does Gary nod off during interviews and fall off his chair while talking to his lawyers?
(a) He is depressed
(b) He is sick
(c) He is pretending to be sick
(d) He is still stoned from his suicide attempt
9. Jeff Newman, the man who shows up at Nicole's house the day her body is discovered after her pill overdose, is from what publication?
(a) The Globe
(b) National Enquirer
(d) Us Weekly
10. The priest at the memorial service reminds the guests that, "We knew him as a ______ person. We shall always retain and keep that memory..."
(d) Great, lovable
11. Who is the famous journalist/reporter that is in town trying to learn more about the Gary Gilmore case?
(a) Geraldo Rivera
(b) Oprah Winfrey
(c) Phil Donohue
(d) Sally Smith
12. How often do the two lawyers for Gary still visit him each day?
13. Who insists that a bulk of the proceeds derived from the deal with Schiller go to benefit the children of Gary's victims?
14. Which newspaper goes to a judge in order to stop the prison's stance on no-interviews?
(a) Salt Lake City Tribune
(b) Utah News
(c) Chicago Tribune
(d) San Francisco Chronicle
15. What does Boaz have to do because the officers believe he is the one who sneaked sleeping pills into Gary?
(a) Talk with him on a phone through glass
(b) Stay away from the prison
(c) Go to jail for a few days
(d) Pay a fine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the warden at Utah State Penitentiary that tries to keep all of the reporters out, although he lets Boaz in?
2. What is State Patrolman Jerry Scott called in to do in regards to Gary's body?
3. What is given to Gary every few hours during his final party?
4. What does Gary learn during his last interview - "Says it's illegal to use _______ to shoot me."
5. Because Boaz is not a member of the Utah bar, he needs a ________ in order to plead Gary's case before the court.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)