|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeff Newman, the man who shows up at Nicole's house the day her body is discovered after her pill overdose, is from what publication?
(b) Us Weekly
(c) The Globe
(d) National Enquirer
2. What does the answer to #98 now do for a living?
3. Who recognizes that with Gary's knowledge of drugs, he knew he wasn't taking a lethal dose of sleeping pills?
4. What does one reporter say about the media's attention to Gary: "Can you believe the attention this cheap ______ is getting?"
5. What are Stephanie, her mother, and Schiller's mother planning to try to sell to overseas markets?
(a) Schiller's audio
(b) Nicole's letters
(c) Nicole's diary
(d) Gary's clothing
6. Gary writes a letter protesting the _______ of his execution, accusing the state of not having the courage of its convictions.
7. How long of a time period after the ruling must a prisoner be executed in?
(a) 60 days
(b) 30 days
(c) 1 day
(d) 45 days
8. Who is already publishing excerpts of the letters of Nicole and Gary?
(b) The Globe
9. Who does Gary end up kissing at his going away party, even though she is taken?
10. What is Gary's eventual new execution date, as prescribed by the judge?
(a) January 31
(b) January 17
(c) January 7
(d) March 1
11. Who does the Enquirer hire that seems to believe Gary does not actually want to die?
(a) Expert in voice analysis
(c) Expert in handwriting
12. Where is Schiller vacationing as the holidays occur over the years 1976 to 1977?
13. The night before his execution, Gary and his friends enjoy "A Night of Dancing and Light ____________."
14. When others tell Gary he needs to get back at Gibbs, what does Gary say? "I can __________ from here."
(a) Make plans
(b) Handle it
(c) See the truth
(d) See the problem
15. Which judge considers himself to be a bastion of good sense in a desert of craziness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gary have a date with on the morning of his execution?
2. Who is the warden at Utah State Penitentiary that tries to keep all of the reporters out, although he lets Boaz in?
3. What does Schiller make Gary do in order to regulate the questions he is being asked by his lawyers?
4. For what magazine is the interview that Farrell is working out as Schiller is on vacation?
5. What does the doctor say when the doctor finds out about Gary's death? "Oh, that's really too bad. They should have _______ him a long time ago."
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)