|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor say when the doctor finds out about Gary's death? "Oh, that's really too bad. They should have _______ him a long time ago."
2. The night before his execution, Gary and his friends enjoy "A Night of Dancing and Light ____________."
3. What kind of car does Gibbs buy on his way out of town, away from Gary and the theft ring?
(c) Range Rover
4. What does Geraldo promise the viewers of his segment about the execution that they will be able to hear?
(a) The screams
(b) The shots
(c) The blood spatter
(d) The weeping
5. What does Nicole say she still senses ever after Gary's death?
(a) His victims whispering to her
(b) Her suicide attempt
(c) His car
(d) His presence
6. Over what town do Gary's ashes fall, although it is illegal to do so?
(a) Spanish Forks
(d) Salt Lake City
7. On the recommendation of Schiller, who does Gary finally fire from his case and his media management?
(a) Dennis Boaz
(b) Stanley Greenberg
(c) David Susskind
(d) No one
8. Who has arranged for Gary to talk with Nicole at his execution sentencing?
(a) Bob Moody
(b) John Schiller
(c) Denniz Boaz
(d) Leon Snyder
9. Gil Athay is an attorney for one of the ________, and he soon gets into the fray as well.
(a) Copycat killers
(b) Hi-Fi Killers
(c) Manson killers
(d) The Zodiac Killers
10. Where does Schiller get a check for $50,000 in order to secure Gary's story?
11. How often do the two lawyers for Gary still visit him each day?
12. Who is the famous journalist/reporter that is in town trying to learn more about the Gary Gilmore case?
(a) Geraldo Rivera
(b) Sally Smith
(c) Phil Donohue
(d) Oprah Winfrey
13. Who recognizes that with Gary's knowledge of drugs, he knew he wasn't taking a lethal dose of sleeping pills?
14. Gary writes a letter protesting the _______ of his execution, accusing the state of not having the courage of its convictions.
15. Who does Gary have a date with on the morning of his execution?
(a) Firing squad
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is already publishing excerpts of the letters of Nicole and Gary?
2. What kind of car does the answer to #98 drive, although it is in danger of being repossessed?
3. What is given to Gary every few hours during his final party?
4. What time was Gary supposed to have taken the pills he and Nicole promised to take in order to commit suicide?
5. Where does Nicole eventually end up, even though she was settling well into a new life?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)