|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Gary already willed to others?
(a) His jewelry
(b) His clothing
(c) His money
(d) His organs
2. What time was Gary supposed to have taken the pills he and Nicole promised to take in order to commit suicide?
3. What is Gary's eventual new execution date, as prescribed by the judge?
(a) January 17
(b) January 7
(c) March 1
(d) January 31
4. Which newspaper goes to a judge in order to stop the prison's stance on no-interviews?
(a) Salt Lake City Tribune
(b) San Francisco Chronicle
(c) Chicago Tribune
(d) Utah News
5. What are Gary's second to last words before he is killed?
(a) To hell with you
(b) I'm ready
(c) You will suffer
(d) Let's do it
6. What does Gary learn during his last interview - "Says it's illegal to use _______ to shoot me."
(a) Taxpayer money
(c) The law
7. What is the signal Schiller will give if he doesn't want Gary to answer a particular question?
(a) Rubbing his eye
(d) Rubbing his chin
8. Where is Schiller vacationing as the holidays occur over the years 1976 to 1977?
9. What does one reporter say about the media's attention to Gary: "Can you believe the attention this cheap ______ is getting?"
10. Larry Schiller is a former ________ photographer turned sensationalist writer and wanna-be documentary producer.
(b) National Geographic
11. Who is the famous journalist/reporter that is in town trying to learn more about the Gary Gilmore case?
(a) Sally Smith
(b) Geraldo Rivera
(c) Oprah Winfrey
(d) Phil Donohue
12. What does Schiller make Gary do in order to regulate the questions he is being asked by his lawyers?
(a) Read them aloud
(b) Give them to him beforehand
(c) Only answer every other one
13. What does Schiller realize he does not have once he is inside the prison's fence?
(a) Audio recorder
14. What is given to Gary every few hours during his final party?
15. What does Boaz get from the answer to #113 that allows him to confess his innocence in getting Gary sleeping pills?
(a) Media coverage
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the pot-smoking, hippie-like, former prosecuting attorney from Boalt Hall?
2. Who works with the ACLU to get a stay on the execution?
3. What does the answer to #98 now do for a living?
4. Who is taken in as the agent fro Gary during the setting of the rights to Gary's story?
5. Who does Geraldo Rivera try to call in order to get an interview, although he/she is in the hospital?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)