|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which killing was easier, according to Gary?
2. The US Supreme Court decided that the press does not have a constitutional right to enter prisons to ____________.
(a) See executions
(b) Interview inmates
(c) See the death row cells
(d) Talk to the wardens
3. What is Gary's eventual new execution date, as prescribed by the judge?
(a) January 7
(b) January 17
(c) January 31
(d) March 1
4. What does one reporter say about the media's attention to Gary: "Can you believe the attention this cheap ______ is getting?"
5. What does Tamara Smith do in order to get more of the story on Gary?
(a) Dates Vern
(b) Talks to Bessie
(c) Sleeps with Gibbs
(d) Befriends Nicole
6. What does Boaz get from the answer to #113 that allows him to confess his innocence in getting Gary sleeping pills?
(c) Media coverage
7. Who does Gary contact in order to get the new attorney in his corner to argue the stay?
(a) Cline Campbell
(b) Earl Dorius
(d) Bill Barrett
8. What does the doctor say when the doctor finds out about Gary's death? "Oh, that's really too bad. They should have _______ him a long time ago."
9. Who seems to have the inside track with Gary since he has a verbal agreement with Boaz?
(a) David Susskind
(b) Oprah Winfrey
(c) Larry Schiller
(d) Stanley Greenberg
10. In Peter's vision, who is wearing the white robe and walking through walls?
11. Who turns out to have been working undercover for several government agencies?
(b) Leon Schiller
12. Because Boaz is not a member of the Utah bar, he needs a ________ in order to plead Gary's case before the court.
(a) Course in legal form
13. Which newspaper goes to a judge in order to stop the prison's stance on no-interviews?
(a) Utah News
(b) Salt Lake City Tribune
(c) San Francisco Chronicle
(d) Chicago Tribune
14. Where does Nicole eventually end up, even though she was settling well into a new life?
15. Who does Geraldo Rivera try to call in order to get an interview, although he/she is in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is pissed off at Schiller for not being able to attend Gary's memorial service?
2. Who is the print journalist that is making his debut with CBS Live and wants an interview with Gary?
3. Who does Nicole pick up, although she has promised not to sleep with anyone else?
4. Who is the famous journalist/reporter that is in town trying to learn more about the Gary Gilmore case?
5. What kind of pills does Nicole find in order to go through with her and Gary's suicide pact?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)