|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary assume Nicole will do once he is dead?
(a) Commit suicide
(b) Stay single forever
(c) Forget about him
(d) Run away with another man
2. What does Gary try to steal in response to Nicole's leaving him?
(b) Tape deck
3. What do Sterling and Gary talk about a lot as they work in Vern's shop?
(d) The news
4. Where does Gary's truck end up as the police are trying to take him into custody?
(a) Nicole's possession
(b) The middle of the road
(c) A drainage ditch
(d) The impound
5. Who is the doctor at the state mental hospital who is evaluating Gary during his prison sentence?
(a) Dr. Cahoon
(b) Dr. Boaz
(c) Dr. Smith
(d) Dr. Woods
6. What does Gary offer to Brenda as he knows they are going through tough times?
(a) His truck
(b) A gun
(d) A Bible
7. What hasn't Nicole done in the weeks before meeting Gary, although this changes when they meet?
(a) Taken drugs
(b) Slept with anyone
(c) Gone to work
(d) Called her mom
8. What kind of shop does Vern own and that Gary eventually works at?
(a) Auto body
(b) Shoe repair
9. What does Vern easily beat Gary at, which causes him to feel a little less than a man?
(d) Arm wrestling
10. What is the less embarrassing topic Nicole decides to talk about instead of talking about when she first had sex?
(a) Pet raccoon
(b) Her children
(d) Favorite color
11. What does Gary discover is his real last name, according to his birth certificate, although he had been told otherwise?
12. What kind of shop does Spencer McGrath run which is where Gary eventually gets another job?
(b) Oil change
(c) Shoe repair
13. What makes Nicole feel even more moved by the depth of Gary's soul?
(a) He wants to marry her
(b) He gives her money
(c) He loves her children
(d) He cries for his mother
14. Gary will be the first man to be ____________ in the United States in a decade.
(a) His own lawyer
(b) Put into solitary confinement
(c) Guilty of more than one murder
15. What does Gary get into the habit of doing with Sterling?
(a) Stealing cars
(b) Playing poker
(c) Picking up young girls
(d) Smoking crack
Short Answer Questions
1. Much of the appeals process is ______, requiring little participation on the part of the convict.
2. Grace thought, "I'll bet a ________ he knew those boys were Mormon before he killed them."
3. What does Nicole promise during her reconciliation with Gary after he writes her a long and explosive letter?
4. The Mormon majority believes that man does go on to become a ______________ and inherits one of the many unused planets when he dies.
5. What convinces Nicole to take Gary back, even though it is presumed he doesn't mean a word of it?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)