|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the doctor at the state mental hospital who is evaluating Gary during his prison sentence?
(a) Dr. Smith
(b) Dr. Woods
(c) Dr. Cahoon
(d) Dr. Boaz
2. Campbell says that while suicide is a sin, paying for your sins with ______________ would not necessarily be wrong.
(a) Time in jail
(b) Intentional suicide
(d) Just punishment
3. How often does the drug Grace blames for Gary's actions have to be used in order to be an effective chemical restraint?
(a) Every hour
(b) Every day
(c) Once a week
(d) Every two hours
4. In the fight between Gary and Peter, who is the eventual winner?
(a) Vern steps in and breaks it up
5. What does Bessie do to make ends meet, even though she has crippling arthritis?
(b) Bus person
(d) Library worker
6. Who does Grace go with when she is able to visit with Gary in prison?
7. What kind of shop does Spencer McGrath run which is where Gary eventually gets another job?
(b) Shoe repair
(c) Oil change
8. What do people say about Gary when they talk about his art work?
(a) He is a sick man
(b) He doesn't understand art
(c) He is horrible
(d) He draws like a real artist
9. What does Vern easily beat Gary at, which causes him to feel a little less than a man?
(a) Arm wrestling
10. What is the name of the guy that Nicole really likes, even though she is married to her first husband?
(d) The Man
11. Brenda tells Gary on the phone that she will bring him new clothes and _________ even though she has alerted the police to his position.
(b) Plane tickets
(c) Bus fare
(d) A gun
12. Who is the witness to the murder and robbery Gary commits at the hotel?
(a) Peter Arroyo
(b) Johnny Townsend
(c) Kevin Smith
(d) Peter Galvon
13. What does Gary accidentally do while trying to dispose of the murder weapon?
(a) Shoots Nicole
(b) Lets the gun go off in the air
(c) Shoots himself in the hand
(d) Shoots a police car
14. Who tells Gary that he can whip him, which is why he isn't afraid of Gary?
15. What does Peter continue to check himself in for at the local mental hospital?
(b) Lithium treatments
(d) Solitary confinement
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Gary's court process take, including the day for jury selection?
2. What is the name of the lot where Gary's truck is situated?
3. The Mormon majority believes that man does go on to become a ______________ and inherits one of the many unused planets when he dies.
4. What does Gary try to steal in response to Nicole's leaving him?
5. What does Gary discover is his real last name, according to his birth certificate, although he had been told otherwise?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)