|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gary do when he was in jail in order to get more privacy and solitude?
(a) Ask to be put into solitary
(b) Go to the hospital wing
(c) Attempt suicide
2. Brenda tells Gary on the phone that she will bring him new clothes and _________ even though she has alerted the police to his position.
(b) A gun
(c) Plane tickets
(d) Bus fare
3. Who is the man who molested Nicole when she was around 6 years of age?
4. What is the name of the guy that Nicole really likes, even though she is married to her first husband?
(b) The Man
5. Much of the appeals process is ______, requiring little participation on the part of the convict.
(a) Pro duma
(b) Pro thruoma
(c) Pro forma
(d) Para court
6. Who does Gary contact so he has a place to stay and a job when he gets out of prison?
7. Who thinks Gary might have been the trigger man in the gas station murder?
(c) Mont Court
8. What makes Nicole feel even more moved by the depth of Gary's soul?
(a) He cries for his mother
(b) He loves her children
(c) He wants to marry her
(d) He gives her money
9. What does Gary rob second in order to get money he needs for his truck payment?
(a) Drug store
(c) Gas station
10. What convinces Nicole to take Gary back, even though it is presumed he doesn't mean a word of it?
(a) A syrupy letter
(b) A greeting card
(c) A phone call
(d) A bunch of flowers
11. Gary writes in a letter that he thinks ____________ might return him to the world a happier person.
12. Who is an uptight religious fanatic who is given to nervous breakdowns?
(a) Vern Mahtoch
(b) Richard Peterson
(c) Reginald Smith
(d) Peter Galovan
13. What is the loud and comical item Gary wears that makes him stand out in a crowd?
14. How often does the drug Grace blames for Gary's actions have to be used in order to be an effective chemical restraint?
(a) Every two hours
(b) Every hour
(c) Every day
(d) Once a week
15. What does Peter continue to check himself in for at the local mental hospital?
(c) Lithium treatments
(d) Solitary confinement
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Nicole is 11, she won't let anybody "__________," but she still likes taking her clothes off and letting people look.
2. Campbell says that while suicide is a sin, paying for your sins with ______________ would not necessarily be wrong.
3. What is the name of Nicole's first husband, who she meets after escaping from the nuthouse?
4. Whose car is Gary driving when he has the altercation with the security guard?
5. What hasn't Nicole done in the weeks before meeting Gary, although this changes when they meet?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)