Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the judge adjourn Gary's court case early on the day of the defense's case?
(a) He just doesn't like Gary
(b) The presidential debate
(c) The election
(d) Bomb threats
2. How long does Gary's court process take, including the day for jury selection?
(a) Four days
(b) Two months
(c) Three days
(d) One week
3. How much does Gary make per hour when he is working in Vern's shop?
4. What is Cline Campbell's role in the prison setting, requested by Gary for his services?
(a) Mentor guide
(c) Mormon chaplain
(d) Volunteer coordinator
5. What kind of execution does Gary prefer, according to his statement to the judge when asked about his choice of manner of death?
(a) Electric chair
(d) Lethal injection
6. What is the name of Nicole's first husband, who she meets after escaping from the nuthouse?
(a) Joe Hillard
(b) Gary Smith
(c) Tom Roberts
(d) Jim Hampton
7. Who is the doctor at the state mental hospital who is evaluating Gary during his prison sentence?
(a) Dr. Woods
(b) Dr. Cahoon
(c) Dr. Smith
(d) Dr. Boaz
8. What is the name of the lot where Gary's truck is situated?
(a) V.J. Motors
(b) Acme Motors
(c) Clarksdale Auto
(d) Provo Parts
9. Why can't Nicole take her car to go see Gary at the prison?
(a) She hurt her foot
(b) She lost her license
(c) It is broken
(d) It was stolen
10. In what city does Nicole live with her two small children?
(a) Salt Lake City
(b) Spanish Fork
11. The Mormon majority believes that man does go on to become a ______________ and inherits one of the many unused planets when he dies.
12. What is Gary's mental health diagnosis that limits his ability to plead an insanity defense?
(a) Manic depressive
13. What is the name of the drug Grace blames for Gary's actions in the murders?
14. What does Gary rob first in order to get money for a truck payment?
(a) Gas station
(c) Drug store
15. Who decides that the answer to #38 is much too young for the responsibility of taking care of children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicole's other lovers are a bit spooked by Gary as he is a ______________ who thinks Nicole is his alone.
2. What does Gary try to steal in response to Nicole's leaving him?
3. Much of the appeals process is ______, requiring little participation on the part of the convict.
4. What convinces Nicole to take Gary back, even though it is presumed he doesn't mean a word of it?
5. Who is Gary's first date since being out of prison?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)