|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary writes letters to Nicole as he is on death row, complaining about what?
(a) The priest
(b) The noise
(c) The sun
(d) The books
2. The dealer of the white truck won't sell it to Gary without a __________, which makes him mad.
(a) Clean record
(c) Credit score
(d) $2000 down payment
3. Grace thought, "I'll bet a ________ he knew those boys were Mormon before he killed them."
(c) Million dollars
4. Why does April refuse to have sex with Gary when they are at the Provo Holiday Inn?
(a) She is feeling paranoid
(b) She has a boyfriend
(c) She is a virgin
(d) She has a headache
5. Gary will be the first man to be ____________ in the United States in a decade.
(a) His own lawyer
(b) Put into solitary confinement
(c) Guilty of more than one murder
6. Gary has to swallow the indignity of __________ as there are no concrete curbs that need smashing at the time.
(a) His lack of sexual experience
(b) Poor manners
7. Much of the appeals process is ______, requiring little participation on the part of the convict.
(a) Pro thruoma
(b) Pro duma
(c) Para court
(d) Pro forma
8. Whose albums did Gary and Bessie listen to during some of their happier times together?
(a) Def Leppard
(b) Roy Orbison
(c) Rolling Stones
(d) Johnny Cash
9. How many times has Nicole already been married at the point when she meets Gary?
10. Who else does Grace blame for Gary's behavior as they will not pay the back taxes on Bessie's house?
(a) The bank
(b) The factory's credit union
(c) Gary's father
(d) Mormon Church
11. What does Gary offer to Brenda as he knows they are going through tough times?
(a) A Bible
(b) His truck
(d) A gun
12. Who insists Gary is trying to kill them, so they press charges against Gary?
13. Who is Gary's first date since being out of prison?
(b) Lu Ann
14. What does Gary rob second in order to get money he needs for his truck payment?
(a) Gas station
(c) Drug store
15. Campbell says that while suicide is a sin, paying for your sins with ______________ would not necessarily be wrong.
(a) Just punishment
(b) Time in jail
(d) Intentional suicide
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicole confess in one of her letters to Gary that causes him to go ballistic?
2. What is the less embarrassing topic Nicole decides to talk about instead of talking about when she first had sex?
3. What does Gary accidentally do while trying to dispose of the murder weapon?
4. What do people say about Gary when they talk about his art work?
5. What does Gary suggest he and Rikki do when he isn't able to pick up women?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)