|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gary's mental health diagnosis that limits his ability to plead an insanity defense?
(d) Manic depressive
2. What kind of shop does Vern own and that Gary eventually works at?
(b) Shoe repair
(d) Auto body
3. How much does Gary make per hour when he is working in Vern's shop?
4. How many times has Nicole already been married at the point when she meets Gary?
5. Who is the man who molested Nicole when she was around 6 years of age?
6. Why can't Nicole take her car to go see Gary at the prison?
(a) She hurt her foot
(b) It was stolen
(c) She lost her license
(d) It is broken
7. What hasn't Nicole done in the weeks before meeting Gary, although this changes when they meet?
(a) Called her mom
(b) Slept with anyone
(c) Taken drugs
(d) Gone to work
8. Lu Ann points out that Gary has not been in a ___________ for a long time.
9. In the fight between Gary and Peter, who is the eventual winner?
(b) Vern steps in and breaks it up
10. Who does Gary contact so he has a place to stay and a job when he gets out of prison?
11. What do people say about Gary when they talk about his art work?
(a) He is horrible
(b) He is a sick man
(c) He draws like a real artist
(d) He doesn't understand art
12. Campbell says that while suicide is a sin, paying for your sins with ______________ would not necessarily be wrong.
(a) Intentional suicide
(b) Just punishment
(d) Time in jail
13. What does Nicole confess in one of her letters to Gary that causes him to go ballistic?
(a) She doesn't love him
(b) She's leaving him
(c) She's been sleeping around
(d) She's spent his money
14. Who is AWOL from the army, but the army takes him back anyway?
(a) Jim Hampton
(b) Gary Gilmore
(c) Vern Williams
(d) Jim Barrett
15. What color is the pickup truck that Gary desires?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Nicole feel even more moved by the depth of Gary's soul?
2. What is also special about Gary's case that makes it something that should be perfect for prime time coverage too?
3. Who does Nicole decide to leave with when she is seven months pregnant and homeless?
4. Who is the witness to the murder and robbery Gary commits at the hotel?
5. What does Gary offer to Brenda as he knows they are going through tough times?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)