|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Grace McGinnis?
(c) Bank teller
(d) Motel worker
2. What do Sterling and Gary talk about a lot as they work in Vern's shop?
(c) The news
3. What does Gary steal in response to his problems with the truck dealership?
(b) A gold watch
(c) The truck
4. What is the name of Nicole's first husband, who she meets after escaping from the nuthouse?
(a) Gary Smith
(b) Tom Roberts
(c) Joe Hillard
(d) Jim Hampton
5. What does Bessie do to make ends meet, even though she has crippling arthritis?
(a) Bus person
(b) Library worker
6. What does Nicole promise during her reconciliation with Gary after he writes her a long and explosive letter?
(a) More children
(d) To leave him forever
7. Who is the witness to the murder and robbery Gary commits at the hotel?
(a) Peter Galvon
(b) Johnny Townsend
(c) Peter Arroyo
(d) Kevin Smith
8. Who does Gary contact so he has a place to stay and a job when he gets out of prison?
9. How many times has Nicole already been married at the point when she meets Gary?
10. Who thinks Gary might have been the trigger man in the gas station murder?
(c) Mont Court
11. Much of the appeals process is ______, requiring little participation on the part of the convict.
(a) Para court
(b) Pro duma
(c) Pro forma
(d) Pro thruoma
12. Nicole continues to ____________ from Springfield in order to get to Gary.
(b) Ride a bike
(c) Ride a bus
13. What do people say about Gary when they talk about his art work?
(a) He is horrible
(b) He is a sick man
(c) He doesn't understand art
(d) He draws like a real artist
14. Where do Gary and Rikki cruise to meet women?
(a) Salt Lake Street
(b) Provo Blvd.
(c) Border Avenue
(d) Main Street
15. What convinces Nicole to take Gary back, even though it is presumed he doesn't mean a word of it?
(a) A greeting card
(b) A syrupy letter
(c) A bunch of flowers
(d) A phone call
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the short argument for leniency for Gary, even though no one expects it to actually work?
2. What is the kind of acid Nicole drops that causes her to scream and yell and run through the streets of Provo?
3. What does Gary get into the habit of doing with Sterling?
4. What is the nickname Nicole earns when she is in school because of her growing chest?
5. What does Gary discover is his real last name, according to his birth certificate, although he had been told otherwise?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)