|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vern easily beat Gary at, which causes him to feel a little less than a man?
(b) Arm wrestling
2. With which state's authorities does Gary get into trouble for auto theft and felony assault?
3. In the fight between Gary and Peter, who is the eventual winner?
(d) Vern steps in and breaks it up
4. Gary has to swallow the indignity of __________ as there are no concrete curbs that need smashing at the time.
(b) Poor manners
(c) His lack of sexual experience
5. What does Nicole confess in one of her letters to Gary that causes him to go ballistic?
(a) She's spent his money
(b) She's been sleeping around
(c) She's leaving him
(d) She doesn't love him
6. Gary writes in a letter that he thinks ____________ might return him to the world a happier person.
7. Brenda tells Gary on the phone that she will bring him new clothes and _________ even though she has alerted the police to his position.
(b) Plane tickets
(c) A gun
(d) Bus fare
8. What did Gary do when he was in jail in order to get more privacy and solitude?
(a) Go to the hospital wing
(c) Ask to be put into solitary
(d) Attempt suicide
9. Why can't Nicole take her car to go see Gary at the prison?
(a) She lost her license
(b) It was stolen
(c) It is broken
(d) She hurt her foot
10. Who is the witness to the murder and robbery Gary commits at the hotel?
(a) Johnny Townsend
(b) Peter Galvon
(c) Peter Arroyo
(d) Kevin Smith
11. What does Gary rob first in order to get money for a truck payment?
(a) Gas station
(c) Drug store
12. Who makes the short argument for leniency for Gary, even though no one expects it to actually work?
13. What does Gary assume Nicole will do once he is dead?
(a) Stay single forever
(b) Commit suicide
(c) Run away with another man
(d) Forget about him
14. What convinces Nicole to take Gary back, even though it is presumed he doesn't mean a word of it?
(a) A bunch of flowers
(b) A syrupy letter
(c) A greeting card
(d) A phone call
15. Gary will be the first man to be ____________ in the United States in a decade.
(a) Guilty of more than one murder
(b) His own lawyer
(c) Put into solitary confinement
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the doctor at the state mental hospital who is evaluating Gary during his prison sentence?
2. What makes Nicole feel even more moved by the depth of Gary's soul?
3. How old was Nicole when she first got married?
4. What is the profession of Grace McGinnis?
5. In what city does Nicole live with her two small children?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)