|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dealer of the white truck won't sell it to Gary without a __________, which makes him mad.
(a) Credit score
(c) Clean record
(d) $2000 down payment
2. Grace thought, "I'll bet a ________ he knew those boys were Mormon before he killed them."
(b) Million dollars
3. What kind of shop does Spencer McGrath run which is where Gary eventually gets another job?
(a) Shoe repair
(d) Oil change
4. Gary has to swallow the indignity of __________ as there are no concrete curbs that need smashing at the time.
(b) Poor manners
(c) His lack of sexual experience
5. What convinces Nicole to take Gary back, even though it is presumed he doesn't mean a word of it?
(a) A phone call
(b) A greeting card
(c) A syrupy letter
(d) A bunch of flowers
6. How often does the drug Grace blames for Gary's actions have to be used in order to be an effective chemical restraint?
(a) Once a week
(b) Every day
(c) Every two hours
(d) Every hour
7. What does Bessie do to make ends meet, even though she has crippling arthritis?
(c) Library worker
(d) Bus person
8. What is NOT one of the pieces of circumstantial evidence that the prosecution has?
(a) Blood trail
(b) Witness to Gary in motel
(c) Strand of hair
(d) Bullet matching
9. Who tells Gary that he can whip him, which is why he isn't afraid of Gary?
10. Gary will be the first man to be ____________ in the United States in a decade.
(a) Guilty of more than one murder
(b) Put into solitary confinement
(d) His own lawyer
11. What is the name of the drug Grace blames for Gary's actions in the murders?
12. What does Nicole promise during her reconciliation with Gary after he writes her a long and explosive letter?
(a) To leave him forever
(c) More children
13. What is the less embarrassing topic Nicole decides to talk about instead of talking about when she first had sex?
(a) Her children
(b) Pet raccoon
(d) Favorite color
14. Nicole's other lovers are a bit spooked by Gary as he is a ______________ who thinks Nicole is his alone.
(b) Serial murderer
(d) Strong man
15. Gary writes letters to Nicole as he is on death row, complaining about what?
(a) The priest
(b) The sun
(c) The books
(d) The noise
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose albums did Gary and Bessie listen to during some of their happier times together?
2. What does Gary rob first in order to get money for a truck payment?
3. What does Gary try to steal in response to Nicole's leaving him?
4. What did Gary do when he was in jail in order to get more privacy and solitude?
5. What does Gary rob second in order to get money he needs for his truck payment?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)