|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary assume Nicole will do once he is dead?
(a) Run away with another man
(b) Commit suicide
(c) Stay single forever
(d) Forget about him
2. Gary Gilmore might end up in Oregon, but where was he born?
3. What is the loud and comical item Gary wears that makes him stand out in a crowd?
4. Who is an uptight religious fanatic who is given to nervous breakdowns?
(a) Reginald Smith
(b) Peter Galovan
(c) Richard Peterson
(d) Vern Mahtoch
5. Who does Nicole decide to leave with when she is seven months pregnant and homeless?
(a) Her brother
(c) Her dad
(d) Her mom
6. What kind of cases are rare in Provo, making Gary's case one in a lifetime?
(a) Second degree murder
(b) First degree manslaughter
(d) First degree murder
7. What does Gary suggest he and Rikki do when he isn't able to pick up women?
(a) Have sex
(b) Rape them
(c) Kill them
(d) Leave town
8. Whose albums did Gary and Bessie listen to during some of their happier times together?
(a) Roy Orbison
(b) Rolling Stones
(c) Def Leppard
(d) Johnny Cash
9. Who does Grace go with when she is able to visit with Gary in prison?
10. Who decides that the answer to #38 is much too young for the responsibility of taking care of children?
11. How many times has Nicole already been married at the point when she meets Gary?
12. Who does Cahoun move into Gary's cell after Nicole stops coming to visit him?
(d) A doctor
13. Nicole doesn't think there's anything wrong with being with other men because she doesn't ___________.
(a) Kiss them
(b) Befriend them
(c) Love them
(d) Know their names
14. What do Sterling and Gary talk about a lot as they work in Vern's shop?
(d) The news
15. Whose car is Gary driving when he has the altercation with the security guard?
(a) His own
Short Answer Questions
1. Brenda tells Gary on the phone that she will bring him new clothes and _________ even though she has alerted the police to his position.
2. What convinces Nicole to take Gary back, even though it is presumed he doesn't mean a word of it?
3. What kind of shop does Spencer McGrath run which is where Gary eventually gets another job?
4. What does Vern easily beat Gary at, which causes him to feel a little less than a man?
5. Where do Barrett and Nicole live for awhile?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)