|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Barrett and Nicole live for awhile?
(a) A bar
(b) Barrett's mom's house
(c) The woods
2. The dealer of the white truck won't sell it to Gary without a __________, which makes him mad.
(a) Credit score
(b) Clean record
(c) $2000 down payment
3. In what city does Nicole live with her two small children?
(b) Spanish Fork
(c) Salt Lake City
4. How long does Gary's court process take, including the day for jury selection?
(a) Three days
(b) Two months
(c) One week
(d) Four days
5. Gary writes in a letter that he thinks ____________ might return him to the world a happier person.
6. Who is an uptight religious fanatic who is given to nervous breakdowns?
(a) Reginald Smith
(b) Peter Galovan
(c) Richard Peterson
(d) Vern Mahtoch
7. What does Nicole promise during her reconciliation with Gary after he writes her a long and explosive letter?
(a) More children
(c) To leave him forever
8. What does Bessie do to make ends meet, even though she has crippling arthritis?
(a) Library worker
(d) Bus person
9. What kind of shop does Spencer McGrath run which is where Gary eventually gets another job?
(a) Oil change
(c) Shoe repair
10. What does Gary discover is his real last name, according to his birth certificate, although he had been told otherwise?
11. Who does Cahoun move into Gary's cell after Nicole stops coming to visit him?
(b) A doctor
12. Much of the appeals process is ______, requiring little participation on the part of the convict.
(a) Pro forma
(b) Pro thruoma
(c) Pro duma
(d) Para court
13. Who does Gary ask to babysit for Nicole's daughters, causing some to feel he might have less than ideal intentions?
14. What kind of car does McGrath buy for Gary, which is also the kind of car that Nicole has?
15. Who does Gary contact so he has a place to stay and a job when he gets out of prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Gary that he can whip him, which is why he isn't afraid of Gary?
2. What color is the pickup truck that Gary desires?
3. Who does Nicole talk to when she says she has met someone she is spiritually tied to?
4. What do people say about Gary when they talk about his art work?
5. What does Gary accidentally do while trying to dispose of the murder weapon?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)