|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people say about Gary when they talk about his art work?
(a) He doesn't understand art
(b) He is horrible
(c) He is a sick man
(d) He draws like a real artist
2. What is the less embarrassing topic Nicole decides to talk about instead of talking about when she first had sex?
(a) Her children
(c) Favorite color
(d) Pet raccoon
3. What is the name of Nicole's first husband, who she meets after escaping from the nuthouse?
(a) Jim Hampton
(b) Tom Roberts
(c) Joe Hillard
(d) Gary Smith
4. What does Gary rob second in order to get money he needs for his truck payment?
(b) Drug store
(c) Gas station
5. With which state's authorities does Gary get into trouble for auto theft and felony assault?
6. What kind of execution does Gary prefer, according to his statement to the judge when asked about his choice of manner of death?
(b) Lethal injection
(d) Electric chair
7. Lu Ann points out that Gary has not been in a ___________ for a long time.
8. What is Cline Campbell's role in the prison setting, requested by Gary for his services?
(a) Mormon chaplain
(c) Volunteer coordinator
(d) Mentor guide
9. Who does Cahoun move into Gary's cell after Nicole stops coming to visit him?
(a) A doctor
10. In what city does Nicole live with her two small children?
(a) Salt Lake City
(c) Spanish Fork
11. Where does Gary's truck end up as the police are trying to take him into custody?
(a) Nicole's possession
(b) A drainage ditch
(c) The impound
(d) The middle of the road
12. Who is the witness to the murder and robbery Gary commits at the hotel?
(a) Peter Arroyo
(b) Peter Galvon
(c) Johnny Townsend
(d) Kevin Smith
13. Why can't Nicole take her car to go see Gary at the prison?
(a) It is broken
(b) It was stolen
(c) She hurt her foot
(d) She lost her license
14. What does Gary accidentally do while trying to dispose of the murder weapon?
(a) Shoots a police car
(b) Lets the gun go off in the air
(c) Shoots himself in the hand
(d) Shoots Nicole
15. Who is the nighttime guard that Gibbs and Gary start to play with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who molested Nicole when she was around 6 years of age?
2. What is Gary's mental health diagnosis that limits his ability to plead an insanity defense?
3. Gary writes in a letter that he thinks ____________ might return him to the world a happier person.
4. Gary will be the first man to be ____________ in the United States in a decade.
5. What kind of cases are rare in Provo, making Gary's case one in a lifetime?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)