Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Book 1, Part 1
1. Why does Gary contact Brenda as he comes to the end of his jail term in Oregon?
2. Who will Gary live with after he gets out of prison?
3. What does Gary do that shows he is an exceptionally strong man?
4. Describe how Gary acts as a worker at Vern's shop.
5. What does Sterling attribute to causing the bond between himself and Gary?
6. What are some of the things Gary thinks are interesting, revealing that he hasn't...
This section contains 1,018 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)