Lesson 1 (from Book 1, Part 1)
The image of Gary is one that many people have seen before in portraits of killers and criminals. He is insecure, although he hides this fact with his bravado. Today's objective is to talk about the idea of persona and what it provides to the person who takes it on.
1. Have each student describe his/her own persona, as he/she thinks others might see him/her.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think it's important to have a particular persona as you go through life. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students discuss what the value of Gary's persona provides to him? What does it allow him to do? How does it affect others around him?
4. Homework: Have each student decide whether they think Gary's persona is all a show. Why or why not?
5. Homework: Have students create a...
This section contains 5,995 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)