Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Book 1, Part 1 Abstract
* Gary contacts Brenda to help him establish a home and a job when he gets out of jail.
* Gary goes to work for Vern at his shop.
* Gary is set up for a date with Lu Ann Price.
* Brenda and her husband host Gary for Easter.
* Gary starts playing poker at Sterling Baker's...
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)