|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it appropriate for Mrs. Gray to live at the Malory's house?
2. Where did Mildred begin working after her parents died?
3. When Mildred sees Everard by chance, how does she describe the exchange?
4. Who is the person that Mildred has a lunch date with related to?
5. What does Mildred's lunch date think about excellent women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Helena, Mildred, Rocky and Everard go together?
2. Describe Mildred's new neighbor, Helena.
3. Where does Rocky go with Mildred and Dora and how does Mildred find this encounter?
4. Who is Dora?
5. What do the Malorys decide about their house?
6. Who does Mildred run into after her annual lunch date?
7. Describe Rockingham Napier.
8. Who does Mildred run into at church?
9. When Dora comes to visit, what do they do together?
10. What does Mildred see at Piccadilly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel Excellent Women. Where and where is the novel set? How does the time period affect the storyline? How does the place affect the storyline? Would the story change drastically if the time or place were to change?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss irony in Excellent Women. What are some examples of irony in the novel? Why is the title itself ironic?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the novel as a satire. What is satire? Why is Excellent Women an example of one?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)