|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred tell Julian when she runs into him after hearing about his engagement?
(a) That Allegra is in love with Rocky.
(b) That she is shocked by the news.
(c) That she is not in love with Julian, and she is very happy for him and Allegra.
(d) That she is in love with Julian and has been for a long time.
2. What were Julian and Allegra worried about in regards to their news?
(a) That Mildred would be upset by it.
(b) That Mildred would become overly enthusiastic about it.
(c) That Mildred would tell everyone about it.
(d) That Mildred would be depressed by it.
3. How do the parishioners react to Allegra's suggestion?
(a) With confusion.
(b) With shock.
(c) With agreement.
(d) With resistance.
4. What does Mrs. Morris feel about Helena?
(a) Helena is promiscuous.
(b) Helena is not a good wife.
(c) Helena is worldly and intelligent.
(d) Helena is virtuous.
5. Who does Helena go to live with?
(a) Her old roommate.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A childhood friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has left the vicarage?
2. How does Mildred's talk with Mrs. Morris leave her?
3. What is Everard's opinion on excellent women and marriage?
4. After waiting for her outside of her office, where does Everard invite Mildred to?
5. What did Allegra do to Winifred when Julian was at the boys' club?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why problems is Winifred having with Allegra?
2. What does Mildred find upon her return from the dinner with Everard, and why is the situation as it is?
3. What does Allegra suggest over lunch and how does Mildred react?
4. How do people react to Julian's news and the drama which had taken place earlier in the night between Winifred and Allegra?
5. What does Mildred do when she finds herself attracted to Rocky?
6. What does Allegra tell Mildred while they are having lunch?
7. What does Rocky ask Mildred in a letter and how does Mildred react?
8. Describe Mildred's dinner with Everard's mother.
9. What do the parishioners get together to decorate and how do they decide their roles for this task?
10. What argument does Allegra and Winifred have in regards to flowers?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)