|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Julian, what had Winifred always hoped for?
(a) That Julian would marry a.s.a.p.
(b) That Julian and Mildred would marry.
(c) That Mildred would find happiness.
(d) That Winifred could move out of the vicarage.
2. What did Allegra do to Winifred when Julian was at the boys' club?
(a) Allegra pushed her.
(b) Allegra lied to her about Julian's whereabouts.
(c) Allegra stole a sweater from her closet.
(d) Allegra turned on her and they argued bitterly.
3. How does Mildred react to Allegra's invitation to lunch?
(a) She is excited to get to know Allegra better.
(b) She accepts the invitation but dreads the lunch immensely.
(c) She is suspicious that Allegra might have ulterior motives.
(d) She is curious as to why Allegra would want to have lunch with her.
4. What were Julian and Allegra worried about in regards to their news?
(a) That Mildred would tell everyone about it.
(b) That Mildred would be upset by it.
(c) That Mildred would be depressed by it.
(d) That Mildred would become overly enthusiastic about it.
5. What does Everard not believe in?
(a) Co-habitation before marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred tell Julian when she runs into him after hearing about his engagement?
2. What makes Rocky so upset that he forgets about his cooking?
3. What does Helena ask Mildred to do via a phone call?
4. According to Mrs. Morris, what should men never be expected to do?
5. What does Helena ask Mildred to do after she bumps into her in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Helena tell Mildred while they have tea together during Mildred's holiday?
2. What do Everard and Mildred do after he meets her at her office, and what does Everard tell Mildred during this time?
3. What does Allegra suggest over lunch and how does Mildred react?
4. What does Rocky ask Mildred in a letter and how does Mildred react?
5. How does the drama with Julian, Winifred, and Allegra affect Mildred afterward?
6. How do people react to Julian's news and the drama which had taken place earlier in the night between Winifred and Allegra?
7. What do the parishioners get together to decorate and how do they decide their roles for this task?
8. When Everard takes Mildred out for lunch, what do they talk about?
9. What does Julian announce when he arrives at Mildred's apartment?
10. Where does Rocky go, and what task does he leave Mildred to take care of?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)