|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it appropriate for Mrs. Gray to live at the Malory's house?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is the widow of a clergyman.
(c) She is disabled.
(d) She is of a certain age.
2. After Mildred tells the pastor and his sister about Helena, what do they tell her about?
(a) A new piece of furniture they bought.
(b) The closing of the church.
(c) A jumble sale.
(d) An unexpected donation.
3. When does Dora come to visit Mildred?
(a) Just after Valentine's Day.
(b) Victoria Day.
(c) Over the Easter holiday.
(d) In the summer.
4. What does Mildred's lunch date immediately assume?
(a) That Mildred is sad and lonely and desperately wishes to marry.
(b) That Mildred has not had any other social engagements that week.
(c) That Mildred is secretly seeing someone.
(d) That Mildred is upset about the amount of attention that Julian is paying to Mrs. Gray.
5. What season does Mildred's lunch date occur in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Gray's first name?
2. Why do Helena, Everard, Rocky and Mildred go to the Learned Society?
3. What is Mildred's last name?
4. What does Mildred think of the speech she hears at the Learned Society?
5. When Mildred sees Everard by chance, how does she describe the exchange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Helena, Mildred, Rocky and Everard go together?
2. Why does Mildred leave the Malorys after helping with the curtains?
3. What does Mildred see at Piccadilly?
4. What do Mildred and Dora learn from a Wren officer on the way home from a school reunion?
5. When Dora comes to visit, what do they do together?
6. What does Mildred see on Ash Wednesday that she feels compelled to share with the Napiers?
7. Describe Rockingham Napier.
8. Describe the Malorys.
9. Where does Rocky go with Mildred and Dora and how does Mildred find this encounter?
10. Who is Dora?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)