|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stories tall is Mildred's apartment building?
2. Who is Everard Bone?
(a) An anthropologist and colleague of Helena.
(b) A sleazy family friend of Helena.
(c) Helena's husband's college roommate.
(d) A childhood friend of Helena.
3. Why do Helena, Everard, Rocky and Mildred go to the Learned Society?
(a) To hear the speech on upcoming exhibitions.
(b) To hear the speech on how to be a stellar member of the society.
(c) To hear the speech on the trip to Africa.
(d) To hear the speech on new discoveries.
4. Who does Mildred have an annual lunch date with?
(a) Wesley Calhone.
(b) Walter Casselman.
(c) Willian Caldicote.
(d) Weston Canterbury.
5. What does Mildred's lunch date immediately assume?
(a) That Mildred is secretly seeing someone.
(b) That Mildred has not had any other social engagements that week.
(c) That Mildred is upset about the amount of attention that Julian is paying to Mrs. Gray.
(d) That Mildred is sad and lonely and desperately wishes to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helena's job sound to Mildred?
2. After Mildred tells the pastor and his sister about Helena, what do they tell her about?
3. How does Mildred feel while in the company of Helena and Everard?
4. What does Mildred agree to help with when she arrives at the Malorys?
5. What is the president's wife doing at the speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mildred leave the Malorys after helping with the curtains?
2. Who does Mildred run into at church?
3. Why does Mildred visit the Malory house in Chapter 7, and what does she do while there?
4. Describe the Malorys.
5. How does Mildred first meet Helena, and why does this embarrass her?
6. Describe Mildred Lathbury.
7. What does Mildred see on Ash Wednesday that she feels compelled to share with the Napiers?
8. What does Mildred discuss with the Malorys while having dinner with them?
9. What does Mildred see at Piccadilly?
10. What does Mildred do during her time at the Learned Society?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)