|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mildred's father's occupation?
2. What has happened between Winifred and Mildred since Mrs. Gray moved in?
(a) They have gotten into a number of fights.
(b) They have drifted apart.
(c) They have not seen much of each other.
(d) They have gotten closer.
3. When Mildred sees Everard by chance, how does she describe the exchange?
(a) Quite interesting.
(b) Relatively pleasant.
4. What does Mildred try to convince Rocky and Dora of during their outing?
(a) That Mildred is happily unmarried.
(b) That Helena is all wrong for Rocky.
(c) That they should leave.
(d) That she is not interested in Julian or Everard.
5. What does the person who Dora and Mildred meet on the way home tell them about Rocky?
(a) Rocky had numerous affairs in Italy.
(b) Rocky has been demoted.
(c) Rocky is an alcoholic.
(d) Rocky has ties with the mafia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the bottom floor of Mildred's apartment building?
2. How does Mildred describe the physical appearance of the pastor and his sister?
3. How is Mildred's appearance described as?
4. Where do Dora and Mildred go on the double-decker bus?
5. During their outing, who does Mildred and Dora see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mildred's new neighbor, Helena.
2. What does Mildred do during her time at the Learned Society?
3. How does Helena react when Everard comments that he will be going away, and what does she do later to contradict this reaction?
4. Who does Mildred run into after her annual lunch date?
5. What does Mildred see on Ash Wednesday that she feels compelled to share with the Napiers?
6. When Dora comes to visit, what do they do together?
7. What does Mildred tell the reader about her childhood?
8. Describe Rockingham Napier.
9. Describe Mildred Lathbury.
10. Who does Mildred run into at church?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)