|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helena feel about her husband coming home?
(a) She dreads it.
(b) She is extremely excited.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is not terribly keen.
2. What does Mildred try to convince Rocky and Dora of during their outing?
(a) That Helena is all wrong for Rocky.
(b) That she is not interested in Julian or Everard.
(c) That they should leave.
(d) That Mildred is happily unmarried.
3. What does Mildred's lunch date immediately assume?
(a) That Mildred is sad and lonely and desperately wishes to marry.
(b) That Mildred is upset about the amount of attention that Julian is paying to Mrs. Gray.
(c) That Mildred is secretly seeing someone.
(d) That Mildred has not had any other social engagements that week.
4. How many brothers and sisters does Mildred have?
5. During their outing, who does Mildred and Dora see?
(a) Rocky Napier and an unknown woman.
(b) Julian and Mrs. Gray.
(c) Helena Napier and Everard Bone.
(d) Helena Napier and Rocky Napier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred notice about Julian while she is visiting the Malorys in Chapter 7?
2. What is Helena's occupation?
3. Within how many years did Mildred's parents die of one another?
4. What are these two people doing when Dora and Mildred see them during their outing?
5. What has happened between Winifred and Mildred since Mrs. Gray moved in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mildred visit the Malory house in Chapter 7, and what does she do while there?
2. Why does Mildred leave the Malorys after helping with the curtains?
3. Where does Rocky go with Mildred and Dora and how does Mildred find this encounter?
4. How does Helena feel about her husband's return and why does she feel this way?
5. Who does Mildred run into after her annual lunch date?
6. Describe Rockingham Napier.
7. How does Mildred first meet Helena, and why does this embarrass her?
8. What does Mildred do during her time at the Learned Society?
9. Describe Mildred Lathbury.
10. Where do Helena, Mildred, Rocky and Everard go together?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)