|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allegra dare to suggest to Winifred about an arrangements of flowers?
(a) The arrangement could be simpler.
(b) There are too many flowers in the arrangement.
(c) They could be changed to be more attractive.
(d) There should be more of them.
2. What does Winifred tell Mildred that she wants to do after she arrives at her house upset over Allegra?
(a) Move in with Mildred.
(b) Run away.
(c) Tell the whole church about Allegra's ways.
(d) Throw boiling water on Allegra.
3. Who does Mildred go on an annual holiday with?
(d) Miss Clovis.
4. Where do Julian, Winifred and Allegra go together?
(a) On holiday.
(b) To a funeral.
(c) On a picnic.
(d) To a movie.
5. What does Mrs. Bone tolerate from her son?
(a) His conversion.
(b) His single status.
(c) His thirst for adventure.
(d) His career.
6. After Winifred's relationship with Allegra has disintegrated, how does she show up at Mildred's door?
(a) Relieved yet tired.
(b) Happy and energetic.
(c) Overwrought and soaking wet.
(d) Regretful and sad.
7. Who stops by the table while Mildred and Everard are dining?
8. What did Allegra do to Winifred when Julian was at the boys' club?
(a) Allegra stole a sweater from her closet.
(b) Allegra turned on her and they argued bitterly.
(c) Allegra pushed her.
(d) Allegra lied to her about Julian's whereabouts.
9. What personal question does Helena ask Mildred while they tea with Miss Clovis?
(a) If Mildred has feelings for Everard.
(b) If Mildred cares for Rocky in a romantic sense.
(c) If Mildred has ever been in love.
(d) If Mildred is lonely.
10. Where does Mildred go when she can no longer bear the thought of staying home alone?
(a) A tea room.
(b) The vicarage.
(c) Dora's home.
(d) The Napiers'.
11. What is Winifred feeling when Mildred visits her?
(a) Winifred is excited because of some new developments in her life.
(b) Winifred is tired from working so hard at the vicarage.
(c) Winifred is becoming suspicious of Allegra's intentions.
(d) Winifred is becoming disenchanted with Allegra.
12. How does Mildred feel after refusing the invite?
13. What do Miss Clovis, Mildred and Helena discuss over tea?
(a) Mildred's past relationships.
(b) Helena's relationship with Rocky.
(c) Miss Clovis' engagement.
(d) The weather and the jumble sale.
14. According to Julian, what had Winifred always hoped for?
(a) That Julian would marry a.s.a.p.
(b) That Julian and Mildred would marry.
(c) That Winifred could move out of the vicarage.
(d) That Mildred would find happiness.
15. What flowers does Allegra choose?
(a) Daffodils and geraniums.
(b) Sunflowers with ferns.
(c) Roses and baby's breath.
(d) Peonies and delphiniums.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mildred react to Allegra's suggestion at lunch?
2. Why do the parishioners get together?
3. What makes Rocky so upset that he forgets about his cooking?
4. What does Julian announce to Mildred and Winifred at Mildred's apartment?
5. What does Helena ask Mildred to do via a phone call?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)