|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mildred go on her annual holiday?
2. When Mildred runs into Julian after her lunch with Allegra, how does he act?
3. How is Julian feeling when he arrives at Mildred's apartment to see Winifred?
4. Who does Mildred ponder calling in regards to the infested furniture?
(a) Mrs. Bone.
5. According to Mrs. Morris, what is unnatural for a woman to do?
(a) Have a career.
(b) Divorce her husband.
(c) Live alone.
(d) Co-habitate with an unmarried man.
6. How do the parishioners react to Allegra's suggestion?
(a) With shock.
(b) With confusion.
(c) With resistance.
(d) With agreement.
7. What has the piece of furniture become infested with?
8. What item of furniture has become infested?
(a) Helena's wardrobe.
(b) Rocky's desk.
(c) The Napier's fridge.
(d) The Napiers' bed.
9. What does Helena ask Mildred to do during their tea with Miss Clovis?
(a) Helena asks Mildred to write a letter to Rocky.
(b) Helena asks Mildred to listen to her latest speech.
(c) Helena asks Mildred to stay away from Rocky.
(d) Helena asks Mildred to stir her tea.
10. What is Helena annoyed by during her tea with Miss Clovis and Mildred?
(a) That Rocky hasn't begged her to return.
(b) That the attention is not on her.
(c) That Mildred has been spending so much time with Rocky.
(d) That Rocky has taken some of the furniture they both own.
11. Who is moving into the Malory house?
(c) Sister Blatt.
(d) Miss Clovis.
12. Who calls Mildred to invite her to dinner, of which she declines?
13. After Winifred's relationship with Allegra has disintegrated, how does she show up at Mildred's door?
(a) Relieved yet tired.
(b) Happy and energetic.
(c) Regretful and sad.
(d) Overwrought and soaking wet.
14. How does Mildred react to the duty given to her by Rocky?
(a) She decides to do it before he even asks.
(b) She begrudgingly accepts.
(c) She refuses on the spot.
(d) She gladly takes on the task.
15. What does Winifred tell Mildred that she wants to do after she arrives at her house upset over Allegra?
(a) Tell the whole church about Allegra's ways.
(b) Run away.
(c) Throw boiling water on Allegra.
(d) Move in with Mildred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of flowers does Winifred usually use?
2. After the dinner with Mrs. Bone, what does Mildred smell from the Napiers' when she walks by?
3. What does Mrs. Bone tolerate from her son?
4. What does Helena ask Mildred to do after she bumps into her in the village?
5. How does Mildred react to Allegra's suggestion at lunch?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)