|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mildred runs into Julian after her lunch with Allegra, how does he act?
2. What does Helena ask Mildred to do via a phone call?
(a) Helena asks Mildred to pack a suitcase for her.
(b) Helena asks Mildred to comfort Rocky.
(c) Helena asks Mildred to tell Rocky that she will return promptly.
(d) Helena asks Mildred to ignore Rocky.
3. Who does Mildred ponder calling in regards to the infested furniture?
(c) Mrs. Bone.
4. Who calls Mildred to invite her to dinner, of which she declines?
5. What does Helena confess to Mildred and Miss Clovis?
(a) Helena confesses that she never loved Rocky.
(b) Helena confesses that Everard is out of the picture, but she still loves him.
(c) Helena confesses that she misses Rocky.
(d) Helena confesses that she wants to leave England permanently.
6. After the dinner with Mrs. Bone, what does Mildred smell from the Napiers' when she walks by?
(a) Burnt toast.
(b) Burnt potatoes.
(c) Burnt eggs.
(d) Burnt meat.
7. Where do Julian, Winifred and Allegra go together?
(a) On a picnic.
(b) To a funeral.
(c) To a movie.
(d) On holiday.
8. While Julian consoles Rocky, where does Mildred go?
(a) To Helena's.
(b) To the Napiers apartment.
(c) To the grocery store.
(d) To the vicarage.
9. What month does Mildred go on her annual holiday?
10. Who arrives at Mildred's apartment after Julian?
(b) Mrs. Jubbs.
(d) Mrs. Morris.
11. After waiting for her outside of her office, where does Everard invite Mildred to?
(b) Out for drinks.
(c) A picnic by the river.
(d) A drive in the country.
12. What makes Rocky so upset that he forgets about his cooking?
(a) He has lost his job.
(b) He learns of the death of one of his colleagues.
(c) He crashed his new car.
(d) Helena has left him.
13. What is Mildred's current belief about excellent women?
(a) Excellent women are always left behind.
(b) Excellent women are maltreated.
(c) Excellent women are prized in society.
(d) Excellent women are undervalued.
14. Where does Helena go with Mildred and her companion when they bump into each other?
(a) To Helena's place.
(b) For tea.
(c) On a bike ride.
(d) Out for lunch.
15. How does Julian react when he sees Rocky in Mildred's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has left the vicarage?
2. Who is Mrs. Jubbs?
3. Where does Rocky go to stay because he can not remain in London any longer?
4. How does Mildred feel after refusing the invite?
5. What is Winifred feeling when Mildred visits her?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)