|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred tell Julian when she runs into him after hearing about his engagement?
(a) That Allegra is in love with Rocky.
(b) That she is not in love with Julian, and she is very happy for him and Allegra.
(c) That she is shocked by the news.
(d) That she is in love with Julian and has been for a long time.
2. What does Allegra dare to suggest to Winifred about an arrangements of flowers?
(a) There should be more of them.
(b) The arrangement could be simpler.
(c) They could be changed to be more attractive.
(d) There are too many flowers in the arrangement.
3. What does Everard not believe in?
(c) Co-habitation before marriage.
4. Who does Helena go to live with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her old roommate.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A childhood friend.
5. What is Mildred's current belief about excellent women?
(a) Excellent women are prized in society.
(b) Excellent women are always left behind.
(c) Excellent women are undervalued.
(d) Excellent women are maltreated.
6. Where does Helena go to live?
7. Where does Helena go with Mildred and her companion when they bump into each other?
(a) For tea.
(b) On a bike ride.
(c) To Helena's place.
(d) Out for lunch.
8. After waiting for her outside of her office, where does Everard invite Mildred to?
(a) A drive in the country.
(c) A picnic by the river.
(d) Out for drinks.
9. What does Everard warn Mildred of about his mother?
(a) She is a horrible cook.
(b) She is very sickly.
(c) His mother is stern and often abrupt with her words.
(d) His mother is eccentric.
10. What does Mildred do when she finds herself attracted to Rocky?
(a) Curses herself.
(b) Gives in to her feelings.
(c) Reminds herself of his Italian girlfriends.
(d) Confides in Winifred.
11. What does Allegra suggest about Winifred's future to Mildred?
(a) That Winifred should explore the world.
(b) That Winifred should move in with Mildred.
(c) That Winifred should marry.
(d) That Winifred should join a women's guild.
12. What item of furniture has become infested?
(a) The Napiers' bed.
(b) Helena's wardrobe.
(c) Rocky's desk.
(d) The Napier's fridge.
13. How does Mildred feel after refusing the invite?
14. What does Rocky leave Mildred in charge of while he is away?
(a) Keeping up with the gossip.
(b) The mail.
(c) The apartment.
(d) His plants.
15. What does Rocky invite Mildred to do that she would love to accept?
(a) Go for a weekend of skiing.
(b) Spend the afternoon sailing.
(c) Meet him in London for the opera.
(d) Come to the cottage for a weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helena annoyed by during her tea with Miss Clovis and Mildred?
2. According to Mrs. Morris, what is unnatural for a woman to do?
3. When Mildred runs into Julian after her lunch with Allegra, how does he act?
4. Where does Mildred go when she can no longer bear the thought of staying home alone?
5. What did Allegra do to Winifred when Julian was at the boys' club?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)