|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Helena's husband?
(a) Staying with family.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In America.
(d) In the Army.
2. What season does Mildred's lunch date occur in?
3. Where does Mildred's old roommate work now?
(a) At the general store down the road.
(b) At the local paper.
(c) As a governess for a wealthy family.
(d) A Catholic girl's school.
4. After Mildred tells the pastor and his sister about Helena, what do they tell her about?
(a) A jumble sale.
(b) The closing of the church.
(c) An unexpected donation.
(d) A new piece of furniture they bought.
5. What does Mildred do with a co-worker on Wednesdays?
(a) Grocery shops at Vinnie's.
(b) Cuts coupons out of the newspapers.
(c) Goes for a leisurely bike ride along the river.
(d) Go to St. Ermin's church.
6. What is the president's wife doing at the speech?
(a) Drinking heavily.
(b) Making eyes with someone who is not her husband.
(d) Talking loudly.
7. How does Mildred feel when she first meet Helena?
8. What does the person who Dora and Mildred meet on the way home from the school event think about Rocky?
(a) He is a pathetic person.
(b) He is a dangerous person.
(c) He is a shallow person.
(d) He is a sad person.
9. During their outing, who does Mildred and Dora see?
(a) Julian and Mrs. Gray.
(b) Rocky Napier and an unknown woman.
(c) Helena Napier and Everard Bone.
(d) Helena Napier and Rocky Napier.
10. What is the name of the pastor's sister?
11. Who does Mildred have an annual lunch date with?
(a) Wesley Calhone.
(b) Weston Canterbury.
(c) Willian Caldicote.
(d) Walter Casselman.
12. What city does Mildred live in?
13. What does Mildred disdain about Helena?
(a) Helena's lack of common sense.
(b) Helena's lack of domestication.
(c) Helena's lack of morals.
(d) Helena's lack of respect.
14. What does Mildred agree to help with when she arrives at the Malorys?
(a) The dusting.
(b) The cooking.
(c) The curtains.
(d) Vacuuming the couch.
15. Where does Mildred meet Helena?
(a) In the hall between their apartments.
(b) At church.
(c) In the bathroom they share.
(d) In the basement by the dustbins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred notice about Julian while she is visiting the Malorys in Chapter 7?
2. Who is the author of Excellent Women?
3. What is Mrs. Gray's first name?
4. How many stories tall is Mildred's apartment building?
5. How does Mildred feel while in the company of Helena and Everard?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)