|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred do with a co-worker on Wednesdays?
(a) Goes for a leisurely bike ride along the river.
(b) Cuts coupons out of the newspapers.
(c) Grocery shops at Vinnie's.
(d) Go to St. Ermin's church.
2. How many brothers and sisters does Mildred have?
3. Where do the group go after the speech at the Learned Society?
(a) To Everard's house.
(b) To a movie.
(d) Out for dinner.
4. During their outing, who does Mildred and Dora see?
(a) Rocky Napier and an unknown woman.
(b) Julian and Mrs. Gray.
(c) Helena Napier and Everard Bone.
(d) Helena Napier and Rocky Napier.
5. When Mildred sees Everard by chance, how does she describe the exchange?
(a) Relatively pleasant.
(b) Quite interesting.
6. How does Mildred sometimes find the person whom she goes on the annual lunch date with?
(a) Controlling and sexist.
(b) Obnoxious and selfish.
(c) Fussy and pretentious.
(d) Weak and self-serving.
7. Where has Helena recently returned from?
8. Where does Mildred's lunch date take her after their lunch?
(a) To the river to feed the swans.
(b) To the Ministry for a tour.
(c) To the local theatre for an afternoon show.
(d) To City Square to watch the street performers.
9. What does Mildred agree to help with when she arrives at the Malorys?
(a) Vacuuming the couch.
(b) The dusting.
(c) The cooking.
(d) The curtains.
10. Where is Helena's husband?
(a) In America.
(b) Staying with family.
(c) In the Army.
(d) In the hospital.
11. Why do Helena, Everard, Rocky and Mildred go to the Learned Society?
(a) To hear the speech on the trip to Africa.
(b) To hear the speech on new discoveries.
(c) To hear the speech on upcoming exhibitions.
(d) To hear the speech on how to be a stellar member of the society.
12. On their way home from the school event, who do Dora and Mildred meet?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) A spy.
(d) A Wren officer.
13. What does Mildred disdain about Helena?
(a) Helena's lack of respect.
(b) Helena's lack of common sense.
(c) Helena's lack of morals.
(d) Helena's lack of domestication.
14. What does Julian arrive in time for at the Malorys?
(a) Picture time.
(b) The weekly trip to the bridge club.
(c) A fight.
15. Where do Rocky and Mildred sit at the Learned Society?
(a) On a bench.
(b) In the gallery.
(c) On the roof.
(d) To the side, away from the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helena's job sound to Mildred?
2. What is Mildred's label that comes with a stigma?
3. When does Dora come to visit Mildred?
4. Where is Helena's husband living?
5. Why is it appropriate for Mrs. Gray to live at the Malory's house?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)