|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mildred's behaviors often seem?
(a) Archaic and overly proper.
(c) Eccentric to others.
(d) Calculated and conniving.
2. What has happened between Winifred and Mildred since Mrs. Gray moved in?
(a) They have gotten closer.
(b) They have gotten into a number of fights.
(c) They have not seen much of each other.
(d) They have drifted apart.
3. Who is the pastor at Mildred's church?
(a) Julian Malory.
(b) Jeffrey Martin.
(c) Jim Merving.
(d) James Matthews.
4. What are these two people doing when Dora and Mildred see them during their outing?
(b) Holding hands.
(c) Buying candy.
5. Who is Everard Bone?
(a) A sleazy family friend of Helena.
(b) A childhood friend of Helena.
(c) An anthropologist and colleague of Helena.
(d) Helena's husband's college roommate.
6. When does Dora come to visit Mildred?
(a) Victoria Day.
(b) In the summer.
(c) Over the Easter holiday.
(d) Just after Valentine's Day.
7. Why do Helena, Everard, Rocky and Mildred go to the Learned Society?
(a) To hear the speech on upcoming exhibitions.
(b) To hear the speech on how to be a stellar member of the society.
(c) To hear the speech on the trip to Africa.
(d) To hear the speech on new discoveries.
8. When Mildred sees Everard by chance, how does she describe the exchange?
(b) Relatively pleasant.
(c) Quite interesting.
9. Where has Helena recently returned from?
10. Where is Helena's husband living?
11. Who is the person that Mildred has a lunch date with related to?
12. On Ash Wednesday, who is Mildred surprised to see at mass?
(a) Everard Bone.
(c) Helena's husband.
(d) A childhood friend.
13. What does Mildred think of the speech she hears at the Learned Society?
(a) She is confused but intrigued.
(b) She is completely lost by the topic.
(c) She finds that she is extremely bored.
(d) She has a newfound interest in anthropology.
14. What have the pastor and his sister decided to do with their house?
(a) Convert a wing into a shelter.
(b) Repaint the exterior.
(c) Rent out some rooms.
(d) Hire a maid.
15. How does Helena feel about her husband coming home?
(a) She is not terribly keen.
(b) She dreads it.
(c) She is extremely excited.
(d) She is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mildred describe the physical appearance of the pastor and his sister?
2. What does Mildred's lunch date immediately assume?
3. What is the name of the pastor's sister?
4. What does Mildred's lunch date think about excellent women?
5. What does the person who Dora and Mildred meet on the way home tell them about Rocky?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)