|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred do with a co-worker on Wednesdays?
(a) Grocery shops at Vinnie's.
(b) Goes for a leisurely bike ride along the river.
(c) Go to St. Ermin's church.
(d) Cuts coupons out of the newspapers.
2. Who is the author of Excellent Women?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Barbara Pym.
(c) Alice Munro.
(d) Kitty Kelley.
3. What does Mildred think of the speech she hears at the Learned Society?
(a) She finds that she is extremely bored.
(b) She is confused but intrigued.
(c) She is completely lost by the topic.
(d) She has a newfound interest in anthropology.
4. On their way home from the school event, who do Dora and Mildred meet?
(a) A Wren officer.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) A spy.
(d) A pilot.
5. Where is Helena's husband living?
6. What is Helena's last name?
7. What does the person who Dora and Mildred meet on the way home from the school event think about Rocky?
(a) He is a dangerous person.
(b) He is a shallow person.
(c) He is a sad person.
(d) He is a pathetic person.
8. When Mildred sees Everard by chance, how does she describe the exchange?
(b) Quite interesting.
(d) Relatively pleasant.
9. Why do Helena, Everard, Rocky and Mildred go to the Learned Society?
(a) To hear the speech on the trip to Africa.
(b) To hear the speech on how to be a stellar member of the society.
(c) To hear the speech on upcoming exhibitions.
(d) To hear the speech on new discoveries.
10. How does Helena's job sound to Mildred?
11. During their outing, who does Mildred and Dora see?
(a) Rocky Napier and an unknown woman.
(b) Helena Napier and Rocky Napier.
(c) Helena Napier and Everard Bone.
(d) Julian and Mrs. Gray.
12. What season does Mildred's lunch date occur in?
13. How do Mildred's behaviors often seem?
(a) Archaic and overly proper.
(b) Eccentric to others.
(d) Calculated and conniving.
14. What does Mildred's lunch date immediately assume?
(a) That Mildred has not had any other social engagements that week.
(b) That Mildred is secretly seeing someone.
(c) That Mildred is sad and lonely and desperately wishes to marry.
(d) That Mildred is upset about the amount of attention that Julian is paying to Mrs. Gray.
15. Where is Helena's husband?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In America.
(c) In the Army.
(d) Staying with family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it appropriate for Mrs. Gray to live at the Malory's house?
2. How does Mildred feel while in the company of Helena and Everard?
3. Who does Mildred point out that she is nothing like?
4. What city does Mildred live in?
5. What is Mildred's last name?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)