|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within how many years did Mildred's parents die of one another?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Four years.
2. After Mildred tells the pastor and his sister about Helena, what do they tell her about?
(a) The closing of the church.
(b) An unexpected donation.
(c) A jumble sale.
(d) A new piece of furniture they bought.
3. What does Everard tell Mildred about Helena after waiting for her outside her office?
(a) That Helena never knows what she wants.
(b) That Helena is in love with him but that the feeling are not returned.
(c) That Helena is a selfish and passionate woman.
(d) That Helena has never loved Rocky.
4. What does the person who Dora and Mildred meet on the way home tell them about Rocky?
(a) Rocky is an alcoholic.
(b) Rocky has ties with the mafia.
(c) Rocky has been demoted.
(d) Rocky had numerous affairs in Italy.
5. How does Mildred's talk with Mrs. Morris leave her?
(a) Invigorated and hopeful.
(b) Perplexed and frustrated.
(c) Angry and resentful.
(d) Increasingly sad and upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the pastor at Mildred's church?
2. How does Julian react when he sees Rocky in Mildred's apartment?
3. What does Helena ask Mildred to do via a phone call?
4. According to Mrs. Morris, what should men never be expected to do?
5. According to Mrs. Morris, what is unnatural for a woman to do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)