Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the amalgamate filled the beaker?
2. What trapped the grad students?
3. What did the man do to the part of the garment he had dropped?
4. What was Joan and Henry shot with?
5. What did Joan and Henry uncover of significance in regards to the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much funding went into the project run by Kirkpatrick?
2. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
3. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
4. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
5. How did Ralph die?
6. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
7. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
8. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
9. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
10. What kind of equipment was in Joan's lab?
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
Maggie exploits Denal's knowledge of the silver and gold room to get across the room safely. How did Maggie know that Denal knew the secret to the room? How did she get him to reveal this secret to her? Was this fair, and understandable on her part? How or why not?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)