|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gil and Juan think was behind the door?
2. What drowned out the pursuit?
3. What did Norman say in regards to his cameras?
4. Who or what were the Moche?
5. What wasn't among the priest's effects?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange behavior had the tarantulas adopted?
2. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
3. How did Denal save Maggie? How did she respond to this?
4. What circumstances led to the Monk's temporary dizziness?
5. What kind of equipment was in Joan's lab?
6. Why did Philip wish that he had been trapped down with the other archaeologists?
7. Why hadn't the Inca captors stripped the man of his cross and robe?
8. Why did Otera think he would like to hear the American kid beg for his life?
9. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
10. Why did Norman snap at Maggie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Friar Otera and Abbot Ruiz. What are their motivations? Are they similar? In what ways are they different? Are either of them men of principle? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the experimentation regarding the mallaqui. Is this ethically correct, to engage in this kind of study with a notably hostile subject? Should the mallaqui be given freedom to live as any other creature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Joan's exploitation of the young monk's attraction to her. Do you think this was fair of her to do so, taking into consideration a monk's vows? Is it understandable considering her motivations? Why or why not? Was it ethical? Explain.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)