|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Norman compare Sam to?
2. Why had the monk come?
3. What did the man look at?
4. How much of the amalgamate filled the beaker?
5. Who had blessed his raiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why hadn't the Inca captors stripped the man of his cross and robe?
2. Why was the dig team burdened with Philip?
3. What situations led Maggie to be cautious and trust her instinct?
4. What strange behavior had the tarantulas adopted?
5. What had Francisco done to the cross?
6. Why did the underground structure moan?
7. What circumstances led to the Monk's temporary dizziness?
8. Why might the Incas have put the substance in the head of the corpse?
9. What was the Monk's final act, and why did he do it?
10. Why did Norman snap at Maggie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Joan and Henry as characters. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Who is the stronger character overall and why? Does this become debatable as the novel progresses? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss organic nanobots and inorganic nanobots. Which of these two groups of nanobots has the advantage and why? Which of these is more easily converted to corporate or government usage?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)