|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many feet of rock separate the dig team and air?
2. What is common in many cultures?
3. What led to Ralph's opinion regarding homosexuals?
4. What was clear in the pursuers language, if not the exact meaning?
5. Where did all the mans hopes lay in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situations led Maggie to be cautious and trust her instinct?
2. Why did the underground structure moan?
3. What strange behavior had the tarantulas adopted?
4. Why did Dale rub his shoulder?
5. What did the Monk thank God for?
6. What does the symbol of the two swords and the crucifix mean and how does that information affect Henry?
7. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
8. What was Norman's guilt?
9. What is Dale hoping to accomplish?
10. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Incans' tribal views of religion and sacrifice. How are these similar to other tribal groups of their time frame? How are they different? How is it likely that the modern world would impact the Incans that were living in isolation between the peaks?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
This section contains 1,583 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)