|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was running?
2. What was the elixir?
3. What wasn't among the priest's effects?
4. What did Friar de Almagro's warning suggest?
5. Why had the Spaniards struggled through the jungles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the symbol of the two swords and the crucifix mean and how does that information affect Henry?
2. What did the Monk thank God for?
3. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
4. What did Henry believe regarding the crucifix and the substance?
5. How did Gil feel when he was speaking to the well dressed man?
6. Why was the dig team burdened with Philip?
7. What circumstances led to the Monk's temporary dizziness?
8. What was the Monk's final act, and why did he do it?
9. Why did Otera think he would like to hear the American kid beg for his life?
10. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)