|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Sam been sitting when the car containing his parents had crashed?
2. What was happening to Maggie?
3. What does the metal react with?
4. What was Maggie's first instinct when she heard someone coming?
5. What did Norman say in regards to his cameras?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
2. Why did the underground structure moan?
3. What had been the instrument of Francisco's escape?
4. What was so intriguing about the Friar's mummified remains?
5. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
6. Why hadn't the Inca captors stripped the man of his cross and robe?
7. What was so special about caverns to the Incas?
8. Why did Norman snap at Maggie?
9. What kind of equipment was in Joan's lab?
10. What was the Monk's final act, and why did he do it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry gets an intuitive feeling that something isn't right at the dig site and frantically attempts to contact them, to no avail. Are there any other times that Henry has had a bad intuitive feeling and it has played out in favor of the intuition? How many other intuitive feelings does Henry have that play out in the intuitive?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Friar Otera and Abbot Ruiz. What are their motivations? Are they similar? In what ways are they different? Are either of them men of principle? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)