Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the amalgamate filled the beaker?
2. What trapped the grad students?
3. What did the man do to the part of the garment he had dropped?
4. What was Joan and Henry shot with?
5. What did Joan and Henry uncover of significance in regards to the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much funding went into the project run by Kirkpatrick?
2. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
3. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
4. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
5. How did Ralph die?
6. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
7. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
8. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
9. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
10. What kind of equipment was in Joan's lab?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Incans' tribal views of religion and sacrifice. How are these similar to other tribal groups of their time frame? How are they different? How is it likely that the modern world would impact the Incans that were living in isolation between the peaks?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Joan and Henry as characters. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Who is the stronger character overall and why? Does this become debatable as the novel progresses? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the fact that Sam cannot remember anything following his death. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing? Why is that? Is his desire to know what happened understandable? How or why not?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)