|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gil and Juan think was behind the door?
2. What did Joan want to take a look at in Henry's room?
3. Why could Gil recover things faster than the Americans?
4. What language did the man slip into?
5. Who was running?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the underground structure moan?
2. What was so special about caverns to the Incas?
3. What did the Monk thank God for?
4. Why was the Joan the pathologist sorry to Henry?
5. Why might the Incas have put the substance in the head of the corpse?
6. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
7. What had Francisco done to the cross?
8. Why did Philip wish that he had been trapped down with the other archaeologists?
9. What circumstances led to the Monk's temporary dizziness?
10. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Maggie and Sam's grief. How was their experience of grief different? How did they deal with it differently? Who came to terms with their grief first, and where in the novel did this occur?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Incans' tribal views of religion and sacrifice. How are these similar to other tribal groups of their time frame? How are they different? How is it likely that the modern world would impact the Incans that were living in isolation between the peaks?
Essay Topic 3
Henry gets an intuitive feeling that something isn't right at the dig site and frantically attempts to contact them, to no avail. Are there any other times that Henry has had a bad intuitive feeling and it has played out in favor of the intuition? How many other intuitive feelings does Henry have that play out in the intuitive?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)