|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Philip likely to spend the rest of his days following logged dig time?
2. Why was Philip hoarse?
3. What triggered the change in shape of the substance?
4. What did the group stumble upon?
5. What trapped the grad students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Francisco done to the cross?
2. How did Gil feel when he was speaking to the well dressed man?
3. Why did Gil put his pickax through the central computer?
4. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
5. What situations led Maggie to be cautious and trust her instinct?
6. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
7. What was so special about caverns to the Incas?
8. What had been the instrument of Francisco's escape?
9. Why might the Incas have put the substance in the head of the corpse?
10. What does the symbol of the two swords and the crucifix mean and how does that information affect Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
Essay Topic 2
Henry gets an intuitive feeling that something isn't right at the dig site and frantically attempts to contact them, to no avail. Are there any other times that Henry has had a bad intuitive feeling and it has played out in favor of the intuition? How many other intuitive feelings does Henry have that play out in the intuitive?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the experimentation regarding the mallaqui. Is this ethically correct, to engage in this kind of study with a notably hostile subject? Should the mallaqui be given freedom to live as any other creature? Why or why not?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)