|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan and Henry uncover of significance in regards to the cross?
2. What wasn't among the priest's effects?
3. What caused the silver chains to fall from the ceiling?
4. What was the Friar's warning?
5. What is Sam to do with Philip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gil feel when he was speaking to the well dressed man?
2. Why didn't the Monk want to throw down his robes, despite the fact that they hindered his progress through the jungle?
3. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
4. Why did Philip wish that he had been trapped down with the other archaeologists?
5. What kind of equipment was in Joan's lab?
6. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
7. How did Denal save Maggie? How did she respond to this?
8. Why did the underground structure moan?
9. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
10. Why was the Joan the pathologist sorry to Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry gets an intuitive feeling that something isn't right at the dig site and frantically attempts to contact them, to no avail. Are there any other times that Henry has had a bad intuitive feeling and it has played out in favor of the intuition? How many other intuitive feelings does Henry have that play out in the intuitive?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Joan and Henry as characters. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Who is the stronger character overall and why? Does this become debatable as the novel progresses? How or why not?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)