|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man look at?
2. What did Joan suggest to Henry regarding their findings?
3. Why had the Spaniards struggled through the jungles?
4. What was the name of the new substance?
5. At what temperature does the amalgam melt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Denal save Maggie? How did she respond to this?
2. Why didn't the Monk want to throw down his robes, despite the fact that they hindered his progress through the jungle?
3. Why did the underground structure moan?
4. What strange behavior had the tarantulas adopted?
5. Why did Gil put his pickax through the central computer?
6. What idea led Sam to consider the journey across the booby trapped room?
7. What had Francisco done to the cross?
8. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
9. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
10. What had been the instrument of Francisco's escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Incans' tribal views of religion and sacrifice. How are these similar to other tribal groups of their time frame? How are they different? How is it likely that the modern world would impact the Incans that were living in isolation between the peaks?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the story of Inkarri. How does this story follow similar myths and legends that have very little basis in reality? How did this myth incorporate real events? How does this affect the credibility of the myths?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)