|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had found the group in the tunnel?
2. What did Sam find for kindling?
3. Where did all the mans hopes lay in?
4. What did Joan want to take a look at in Henry's room?
5. What was the new city called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the Joan the pathologist sorry to Henry?
2. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
3. Why didn't the Monk want to throw down his robes, despite the fact that they hindered his progress through the jungle?
4. What did the Monk thank God for?
5. What did Henry believe regarding the crucifix and the substance?
6. What was the Monk's final act, and why did he do it?
7. What was so special about caverns to the Incas?
8. Why might the Incas have put the substance in the head of the corpse?
9. What circumstances led to the Monk's temporary dizziness?
10. What situations led Maggie to be cautious and trust her instinct?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sam's last few moments alive before he dies, and the events that occur post mortem. What is his last thought? What events occurred after his death, and who was the strongest advocate for his resurrection? Suggest a reason for this advocacy.
Essay Topic 2
Maggie exploits Denal's knowledge of the silver and gold room to get across the room safely. How did Maggie know that Denal knew the secret to the room? How did she get him to reveal this secret to her? Was this fair, and understandable on her part? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the evolution of the relationship between Ralph and Norman. How did Ralph originally feel about Norman, and why? How did Norman take the prejudice against him? At what point did the relationship turn into a solid friendship?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)