Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the amalgamate filled the beaker?
2. What trapped the grad students?
3. What did the man do to the part of the garment he had dropped?
4. What was Joan and Henry shot with?
5. What did Joan and Henry uncover of significance in regards to the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much funding went into the project run by Kirkpatrick?
2. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
3. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
4. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
5. How did Ralph die?
6. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
7. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
8. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
9. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
10. What kind of equipment was in Joan's lab?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Joan's exploitation of the young monk's attraction to her. Do you think this was fair of her to do so, taking into consideration a monk's vows? Is it understandable considering her motivations? Why or why not? Was it ethical? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the story of Inkarri. How does this story follow similar myths and legends that have very little basis in reality? How did this myth incorporate real events? How does this affect the credibility of the myths?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)