|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Denal brought that no one else had thought to bring?
2. What did the Incas have a fascination with?
3. What was clear in the pursuers language, if not the exact meaning?
4. What wasn't among the priest's effects?
5. What led to Ralph's opinion regarding homosexuals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea led Sam to consider the journey across the booby trapped room?
2. What situations led Maggie to be cautious and trust her instinct?
3. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
4. What does the symbol of the two swords and the crucifix mean and how does that information affect Henry?
5. What did the Monk thank God for?
6. Why did the underground structure moan?
7. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
8. What was so intriguing about the Friar's mummified remains?
9. Why didn't the Monk want to throw down his robes, despite the fact that they hindered his progress through the jungle?
10. What had been the instrument of Francisco's escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Substance Z. What characteristics gave it an impossible composition? How do these characteristics serve the needs of the substance? Does it serve the needs of the mallaqui, if so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sam's last few moments alive before he dies, and the events that occur post mortem. What is his last thought? What events occurred after his death, and who was the strongest advocate for his resurrection? Suggest a reason for this advocacy.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)