|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What triggered the change in shape of the substance?
2. What was Maggie's first instinct when she heard someone coming?
3. What dessert had Henry and Joan shared?
4. What was the elixir?
5. What kind of grass made up the bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
2. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
3. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
4. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
5. Describe the bear-like creatures.
6. Why did Philip wish that he had been trapped down with the other archaeologists?
7. What was in the incubation chamber in the next lab over?
8. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
9. What had Francisco done to the cross?
10. Why was the dig team burdened with Philip?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the evolution of the relationship between Ralph and Norman. How did Ralph originally feel about Norman, and why? How did Norman take the prejudice against him? At what point did the relationship turn into a solid friendship?
This section contains 1,533 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)