|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the group stumble upon?
2. What was the state of Henry's room?
3. What did Sam find for kindling?
4. What wasn't among the priest's effects?
5. What year opens up the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
2. What was so intriguing about the Friar's mummified remains?
3. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
4. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
5. How much funding went into the project run by Kirkpatrick?
6. What was so special about caverns to the Incas?
7. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
8. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
9. Describe the bear-like creatures.
10. Why might the Incas have put the substance in the head of the corpse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Joan and Henry as characters. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Who is the stronger character overall and why? Does this become debatable as the novel progresses? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss organic nanobots and inorganic nanobots. Which of these two groups of nanobots has the advantage and why? Which of these is more easily converted to corporate or government usage?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sam's last few moments alive before he dies, and the events that occur post mortem. What is his last thought? What events occurred after his death, and who was the strongest advocate for his resurrection? Suggest a reason for this advocacy.
This section contains 1,510 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)