|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the metal react with?
2. What was the Friar's warning?
3. What was on the mans lips?
4. What was clear in the pursuers language, if not the exact meaning?
5. Who was the contact that Gil had sought to buy the chalice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Francisco done to the cross?
2. What was so intriguing about the Friar's mummified remains?
3. Why didn't the Monk want to throw down his robes, despite the fact that they hindered his progress through the jungle?
4. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
5. Why did Philip wish that he had been trapped down with the other archaeologists?
6. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
7. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
8. Why hadn't the Inca captors stripped the man of his cross and robe?
9. What idea led Sam to consider the journey across the booby trapped room?
10. What did the Monk thank God for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Henry gets an intuitive feeling that something isn't right at the dig site and frantically attempts to contact them, to no avail. Are there any other times that Henry has had a bad intuitive feeling and it has played out in favor of the intuition? How many other intuitive feelings does Henry have that play out in the intuitive?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of Friar Otera and Abbot Ruiz. What are their motivations? Are they similar? In what ways are they different? Are either of them men of principle? How or why not?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)