|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the central computer disabled?
2. Where had Sam been sitting when the car containing his parents had crashed?
3. What caused the silver chains to fall from the ceiling?
4. What does Uca Pacha mean?
5. What dangled from the man's neck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances led to the Monk's temporary dizziness?
2. Why didn't the Monk want to throw down his robes, despite the fact that they hindered his progress through the jungle?
3. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
4. Why did Norman snap at Maggie?
5. What does the symbol of the two swords and the crucifix mean and how does that information affect Henry?
6. What was so special about caverns to the Incas?
7. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
8. What idea led Sam to consider the journey across the booby trapped room?
9. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
10. What had been the instrument of Francisco's escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Incan's change of perception regarding the group when Sam showed the blade and made it transform. How might they have reacted if they knew anyone could cause the metal to change shape? What would this have done to the foundations of their beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the evolution of the relationship between Ralph and Norman. How did Ralph originally feel about Norman, and why? How did Norman take the prejudice against him? At what point did the relationship turn into a solid friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Joan and Henry as characters. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Who is the stronger character overall and why? Does this become debatable as the novel progresses? How or why not?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)