|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song was rendered for the benefit of Norman?
2. What is common in many cultures?
3. About how many feet of rock separate the dig team and air?
4. What adorned the silver chains?
5. What is Sam to do with Philip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
2. Why was the dig team burdened with Philip?
3. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
4. What does the symbol of the two swords and the crucifix mean and how does that information affect Henry?
5. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
6. What idea led Sam to consider the journey across the booby trapped room?
7. What situations led Maggie to be cautious and trust her instinct?
8. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
9. What kind of equipment was in Joan's lab?
10. What strange behavior had the tarantulas adopted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the fact that Sam cannot remember anything following his death. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing? Why is that? Is his desire to know what happened understandable? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the experimentation regarding the mallaqui. Is this ethically correct, to engage in this kind of study with a notably hostile subject? Should the mallaqui be given freedom to live as any other creature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Substance Z. What characteristics gave it an impossible composition? How do these characteristics serve the needs of the substance? Does it serve the needs of the mallaqui, if so, how?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)