|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What betrayed Dale's movements?
2. What did Gil and Juan think was behind the door?
3. What drowned out the pursuit?
4. What is Sam to do with Philip?
5. What were caverns considered to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the Joan the pathologist sorry to Henry?
2. Why was the dig team burdened with Philip?
3. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
4. Why didn't the Monk want to throw down his robes, despite the fact that they hindered his progress through the jungle?
5. Why did the underground structure moan?
6. What was so intriguing about the Friar's mummified remains?
7. Why hadn't the Inca captors stripped the man of his cross and robe?
8. What did Henry believe regarding the crucifix and the substance?
9. How did Gil feel when he was speaking to the well dressed man?
10. How did Denal save Maggie? How did she respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Friar Otera and Abbot Ruiz. What are their motivations? Are they similar? In what ways are they different? Are either of them men of principle? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Substance Z. What characteristics gave it an impossible composition? How do these characteristics serve the needs of the substance? Does it serve the needs of the mallaqui, if so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the story of Inkarri. How does this story follow similar myths and legends that have very little basis in reality? How did this myth incorporate real events? How does this affect the credibility of the myths?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)