Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the amalgamate filled the beaker?
2. What trapped the grad students?
3. What did the man do to the part of the garment he had dropped?
4. What was Joan and Henry shot with?
5. What did Joan and Henry uncover of significance in regards to the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much funding went into the project run by Kirkpatrick?
2. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
3. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
4. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
5. How did Ralph die?
6. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
7. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
8. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
9. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
10. What kind of equipment was in Joan's lab?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Friar Otera and Abbot Ruiz. What are their motivations? Are they similar? In what ways are they different? Are either of them men of principle? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Maggie and Sam's grief. How was their experience of grief different? How did they deal with it differently? Who came to terms with their grief first, and where in the novel did this occur?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss organic nanobots and inorganic nanobots. Which of these two groups of nanobots has the advantage and why? Which of these is more easily converted to corporate or government usage?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)