|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam find for kindling?
2. What did Joan want to take a look at in Henry's room?
3. What will make Uncle Henry happy?
4. What was Joan and Henry shot with?
5. What substance appeared to have caused the mummy's head to explode?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the dig team burdened with Philip?
2. How did Gil feel when he was speaking to the well dressed man?
3. Why hadn't the Inca captors stripped the man of his cross and robe?
4. What was so special about caverns to the Incas?
5. Why was the Joan the pathologist sorry to Henry?
6. What was so intriguing about the Friar's mummified remains?
7. Why might the Incas have put the substance in the head of the corpse?
8. What circumstances led to the Monk's temporary dizziness?
9. Why did Gil put his pickax through the central computer?
10. Why did Otera think he would like to hear the American kid beg for his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sam's last few moments alive before he dies, and the events that occur post mortem. What is his last thought? What events occurred after his death, and who was the strongest advocate for his resurrection? Suggest a reason for this advocacy.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the experimentation regarding the mallaqui. Is this ethically correct, to engage in this kind of study with a notably hostile subject? Should the mallaqui be given freedom to live as any other creature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Incan's change of perception regarding the group when Sam showed the blade and made it transform. How might they have reacted if they knew anyone could cause the metal to change shape? What would this have done to the foundations of their beliefs?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)