|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the mans lips?
2. What was Joan and Henry shot with?
3. What did the predator wear?
4. What was the new city called?
5. What was the name of the new substance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the underground structure moan?
2. What situations led Maggie to be cautious and trust her instinct?
3. What characteristics made the substance found in Francisco's skull unique?
4. Why might the Incas have put the substance in the head of the corpse?
5. Why did Otera think he would like to hear the American kid beg for his life?
6. How did Denal save Maggie? How did she respond to this?
7. What had been the instrument of Francisco's escape?
8. How did Gil feel when he was speaking to the well dressed man?
9. What did Henry believe regarding the crucifix and the substance?
10. What does the symbol of the two swords and the crucifix mean and how does that information affect Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Friar Otera and Abbot Ruiz. What are their motivations? Are they similar? In what ways are they different? Are either of them men of principle? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
Essay Topic 3
Henry gets an intuitive feeling that something isn't right at the dig site and frantically attempts to contact them, to no avail. Are there any other times that Henry has had a bad intuitive feeling and it has played out in favor of the intuition? How many other intuitive feelings does Henry have that play out in the intuitive?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)