|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man look at?
2. How far does the carbon dating on the ruins precede the Incas?
3. What does the metal react with?
4. What was the first animal that the group realized shared the cave?
5. What piece of advice stopped Sam for firing off a round?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so intriguing about the Friar's mummified remains?
2. What did the Monk thank God for?
3. What did Henry believe regarding the crucifix and the substance?
4. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
5. What was the Monk's final act, and why did he do it?
6. Why did Otera think he would like to hear the American kid beg for his life?
7. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
8. Why did Philip wish that he had been trapped down with the other archaeologists?
9. What circumstances led to the Monk's temporary dizziness?
10. How did Gil feel when he was speaking to the well dressed man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maggie exploits Denal's knowledge of the silver and gold room to get across the room safely. How did Maggie know that Denal knew the secret to the room? How did she get him to reveal this secret to her? Was this fair, and understandable on her part? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the evolution of the relationship between Ralph and Norman. How did Ralph originally feel about Norman, and why? How did Norman take the prejudice against him? At what point did the relationship turn into a solid friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Henry gets an intuitive feeling that something isn't right at the dig site and frantically attempts to contact them, to no avail. Are there any other times that Henry has had a bad intuitive feeling and it has played out in favor of the intuition? How many other intuitive feelings does Henry have that play out in the intuitive?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)