|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Norman say in regards to his cameras?
2. Who does Norman compare Sam to?
3. What is the Sun Plaza?
4. What did the tributary likely feed?
5. How far does the carbon dating on the ruins precede the Incas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances led to the Monk's temporary dizziness?
2. Why did Philip wish that he had been trapped down with the other archaeologists?
3. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
4. Why did Norman snap at Maggie?
5. Why hadn't the Inca captors stripped the man of his cross and robe?
6. What strange behavior had the tarantulas adopted?
7. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
8. Why did Gil put his pickax through the central computer?
9. What did the Monk thank God for?
10. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Incans' tribal views of religion and sacrifice. How are these similar to other tribal groups of their time frame? How are they different? How is it likely that the modern world would impact the Incans that were living in isolation between the peaks?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Maggie and Sam's grief. How was their experience of grief different? How did they deal with it differently? Who came to terms with their grief first, and where in the novel did this occur?
Essay Topic 3
Henry gets an intuitive feeling that something isn't right at the dig site and frantically attempts to contact them, to no avail. Are there any other times that Henry has had a bad intuitive feeling and it has played out in favor of the intuition? How many other intuitive feelings does Henry have that play out in the intuitive?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)