|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to try and persuade Aelle?
2. Who is Clovis the King of?
3. What part of Gwent's army is reluctant to attack?
4. What is the name of Derfel's daughter who is killed?
5. What does Arthur say to do with Lancelot's sword?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the forces of Nimue and Mordred to break up?
2. What was the mortal wound Arthur receives?
3. What does Nimue do when Excalibur is gone?
4. What breaks the peace in Briton after the defeat of the Saxons?
5. What does Derfel make sure of before he kills Aelle and why?
6. What does Derfel ask Gwydre to do for him at the end of the battle?
7. What is the main cause of the delay of leaving Camlann?
8. What does Morgan do to find a cure for Ceinwyn?
9. What does Derfel do when Nimue and Mordred's forces begin to break up?
10. What does the bishop give to Derfel before the last battle, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Cornwell have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main Druidic rituals described in this book, and how do they shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)