|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aelle refuse to do when he is wounded?
2. Which of Nimue's prisoners has she brought to the shore in a cage?
3. How long does Caddwg say he will need before he can do what Derfel tells him to do?
4. What is on Arthur's sail?
5. How does the bishop die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nimue use to cast her spells on people?
2. What is the ghost fence?
3. What does Nimue do when Excalibur is gone?
4. What does Morgan have Derfel do to cure his wife?
5. What trade does Arthur start learning after the battle against the Saxons is won?
6. What does Derfel do when Nimue and Mordred's forces begin to break up?
7. What does Arthur do when he gets word that Mordred is marching towards them?
8. What are some of Taliesin's talents?
9. What does Derfel ask Gwydre to do for him at the end of the battle?
10. What causes the forces of Nimue and Mordred to break up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how doesd it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
How does Derfel lose his hand, and how does this affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)