|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the river that Derfel finds Caddwg on?
2. What does Aelle refuse to do when he is wounded?
3. Who catches Lancelot?
4. Where is Isca when Ceinwyn falls ill?
5. Where does Arthur take refuge before going to his city of refuge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last enchantment?
2. What causes the forces of Nimue and Mordred to break up?
3. What does Morgan have Derfel do to cure his wife?
4. What does Merlin reveal to Derfel from his cage?
5. What is the main cause of the delay of leaving Camlann?
6. What trade does Arthur start learning after the battle against the Saxons is won?
7. How does Derfel choose to kill Lancelot, and why?
8. What are some of Taliesin's talents?
9. What does the bishop give to Derfel before the last battle, and why?
10. What are the main reasons that Mordred planned his attack against Arthur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arthur and Derfel are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences.Write a compare/contrast essay, citing the text for support, about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
How does Derfel lose his hand, and how does this affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)