|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boats are to be used in the battle at the end of the book?
2. What is Aelle's title?
3. What does Arthur ask Derfel to do with his sword when he is wounded?
4. Who will guard the area of Dumnoia?
5. What is Arthur not prepared for in the battle at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merlin say is his last enchantment?
2. What does Merlin reveal to Derfel from his cage?
3. Why is Ceinwyn sick, and how is Derfel supposed to cure her?
4. What was the mortal wound Arthur receives?
5. What does Derfel make sure of before he kills Aelle and why?
6. What are the main reasons that Mordred planned his attack against Arthur?
7. How does Derfel choose to kill Lancelot, and why?
8. What does Arthur do when he gets word that Mordred is marching towards them?
9. What do Arthur and all of his men have a very small amount of knowledge about?
10. What does Derfel do when Nimue arrives at the sea shore after Arthur sails away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the main Druidic rituals described in this book, and how do they shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does Derfel lose his hand, and how does this affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Arthur and Derfel are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences.Write a compare/contrast essay, citing the text for support, about these two characters.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)