|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Nimue's prisoner?
2. How many spearmen embark to protect the treasury and royal family at the end of the book?
3. What does Derfel find when he returns to Dun Caric?
(a) His daughter is with child.
(b) His wife has left him.
(c) His people have been killed.
(d) His station has been filled.
4. Who jumps off the boat to stay with Derfel as the boat with Arthur sails away?
5. What does Arthur say when he hears Lancelot has died?
(a) Let it be.
(b) At last.
(c) So be it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arthur want to be king after Mordred dies?
2. What do Arthur's men throw at the reinforcements on the shore at the end of the book?
3. What is Derfel told to bring in exchange for Ceinwyn's wellness?
4. What does Gwydre name his son?
5. What is Aelle's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Derfel persuade Morgan to perform a Druidic spell to fight against Nimue?
2. How does Mordred die?
3. What breaks the peace in Briton after the defeat of the Saxons?
4. What does Derfel do when Nimue arrives at the sea shore after Arthur sails away?
5. What are some of Taliesin's talents?
6. What does Derfel do when Nimue and Mordred's forces begin to break up?
7. What deformity of the narrator is revealed at the beginning of Part 3?
8. What was the mortal wound Arthur receives?
9. What is the ghost fence?
10. How does Derfel choose to kill Lancelot, and why?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)