|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Derfel's daughter?
2. Why will Mordred's throne be available to claim if he dies?
(a) He has no children.
(b) He will have died in defeat.
(c) He wrote that in his will.
(d) His marriage is not official.
3. Who saves Derfel after he is captured?
4. What causes most of the boats to overturn?
(a) Holes in the boats.
(b) Flaming arrows.
(c) A storm.
5. What religion does Tewdric follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces the new king after Mordred dies?
2. What does Derfel enjoy about Aque Sulis?
3. Where is Isca when Ceinwyn falls ill?
4. Where does Arthur take refuge before going to his city of refuge?
5. What does Derfel find when he returns to Dun Caric?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ghost fence?
2. What does Olwen try to get Derfel to do as she takes him to Nimue?
3. What causes the forces of Nimue and Mordred to break up?
4. How does Derfel choose to kill Lancelot, and why?
5. What are some of Taliesin's talents?
6. What does Merlin reveal to Derfel from his cage?
7. What does Derfel ask Gwydre to do for him at the end of the battle?
8. What deformity of the narrator is revealed at the beginning of Part 3?
9. Why is Ceinwyn sick, and how is Derfel supposed to cure her?
10. What does Nimue do when Excalibur is gone?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)