|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the river that Derfel finds Caddwg on?
2. What part of Gwent's army is reluctant to attack?
(a) The spearmen.
(b) The horsemen.
(c) The flankmen.
(d) The arrowmen.
3. What does the shrouded woman who tries to save Ceinwyn call herself?
(a) The healer.
(b) The dancer.
(c) The trainer.
(d) The mender.
4. Who is sent to try and persuade Aelle?
5. What does Sagramor and his men promise to do until Arthur leaves?
(b) Stay on the lookout.
(c) Guard him.
(d) Heal him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Queen Igraine stop talking with Derfel?
2. Who does Arthur appoint as the new king of Dumnoia?
3. How are the king of the refuge country and Arthur related?
4. What signals the coming of the Saxons at the end of the book?
5. How is Lancelot killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Derfel choose to kill Lancelot, and why?
2. What do Arthur and all of his men have a very small amount of knowledge about?
3. What causes the forces of Nimue and Mordred to break up?
4. What was the mortal wound Arthur receives?
5. Why is Ceinwyn sick, and how is Derfel supposed to cure her?
6. What is the ghost fence?
7. What does the bishop give to Derfel before the last battle, and why?
8. What does Olwen try to get Derfel to do as she takes him to Nimue?
9. What does Derfel do when Nimue arrives at the sea shore after Arthur sails away?
10. What trade does Arthur start learning after the battle against the Saxons is won?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)