|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Derfel try to cure Ceinwyn when she falls ill?
(a) Herbal treatments.
(b) Druidic spells.
(c) All of these.
2. How does the bishop die?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is shot with an arrow.
(c) His boat is overcome.
(d) He hangs himself.
3. What is Prydwen?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A city.
(c) A boat.
(d) A fortress.
4. How did Taliesin say he communicated with Merlin?
(a) By weather signs.
(b) In memories.
(c) Through signals.
(d) In dreams.
5. Why will Mordred's throne be available to claim if he dies?
(a) He wrote that in his will.
(b) He has no children.
(c) He will have died in defeat.
(d) His marriage is not official.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Nimue's prisoners has she brought to the shore in a cage?
2. What does Sagramor and his men promise to do until Arthur leaves?
3. What has caused the chaos in Aque Sulis?
4. What does Derfel do before killing Aelle?
5. How many spearmen embark to protect the treasury and royal family at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morgan do to find a cure for Ceinwyn?
2. Why is Ceinwyn sick, and how is Derfel supposed to cure her?
3. What do Arthur and all of his men have a very small amount of knowledge about?
4. What is the last enchantment?
5. What does Nimue use to cast her spells on people?
6. What deformity of the narrator is revealed at the beginning of Part 3?
7. How does Derfel persuade Morgan to perform a Druidic spell to fight against Nimue?
8. What does Merlin say is his last enchantment?
9. What is the main cause of the delay of leaving Camlann?
10. What does Merlin reveal to Derfel from his cage?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)