|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Merlin say he talks to the gods?
(a) Mai Dun.
(b) Mal Dul.
(c) Ming Triung.
(d) Mer Tran.
2. Who is at Aelle when Derfel gets there?
3. Where does Argante place the blood from the ritual at the spring feast?
(a) On her thighs.
(b) On her breast.
(c) On her arms.
(d) On her face.
4. What is Excalibur?
(a) A helmut.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A sword.
5. What did Cefydd sacrifice to try and win his war?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Derfel have to fight before conferring with the Saxon king?
2. Who helps Lancelot try to overthrow Arthur?
3. What direction does Arthur first think the Saxons are going to attack from?
4. What is the name of Derfel's wife?
5. Where is Nantosuelta performed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Saxon army do when they have Derfel and his men trapped?
2. What happens as Derfel and his men pass an old Roman city on their way to Corinium?
3. Why does Arthur get upset with Derfel while at the temple of Mithras?
4. What is included in the first chapter with the purpose of helping the reader understand the plot better?
5. What surprising news about Arthur does Derfel learn when he comes back from the Saxon king?
6. What disappoints Derfel when he arrives at the Aelle's hall?
7. Why does Arthur send Derfel to confer with Aelle, and how does Derfel feel about this?
8. What warning did Bors give Derfel, and how did this affect the fight?
9. What does Derfel have planted while he is trapped by the Saxon army, and what does this show?
10. What does Derfel realize when he sees Arthur with his son?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)