|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Derfel ask Gwydre to give to Arthur at the end of the book?
(a) He loved him till the end.
(b) He forgives him.
(c) He will never falter.
(d) They will meet again.
2. What does Derfel try to cure Ceinwyn when she falls ill?
(b) Druidic spells.
(c) Herbal treatments.
(d) All of these.
3. Who does Arthur want to be king after Mordred dies?
4. What does Arthur NOT do when he is attacked at the sea shore?
(a) Communicates with Derfel.
(b) Leaves his children.
(c) Worries about his own safety.
(d) Takes prisoners.
5. How are the king of the refuge country and Arthur related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are brothers-in-law.
6. How many spearmen embark to protect the treasury and royal family at the end of the book?
7. Who kills Nimue's prisoner?
8. How does Arthur plan to be with Guinevere again?
(a) He will annul his marriage to Argante.
(b) He will have Argante arrested.
(c) He will hire a man to sleep with Argante.
(d) He will banish Argante.
9. Why will Mordred's throne be available to claim if he dies?
(a) He wrote that in his will.
(b) His marriage is not official.
(c) He will have died in defeat.
(d) He has no children.
10. What is Issa's occupation?
(c) Chief aide.
11. What kind of boats are to be used in the battle at the end of the book?
(a) Cargo ships.
(b) Fishing boats.
(d) Viking boats.
12. What part of Gwent's army is reluctant to attack?
(a) The flankmen.
(b) The spearmen.
(c) The horsemen.
(d) The arrowmen.
13. What is on Arthur's sail?
(a) A bear.
(b) A lion.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A fox.
14. What is required of a Saxon to die with honor?
(a) He must be conscious.
(b) He must be in battle.
(c) He must be with a family member.
(d) He must be on his feet.
15. What kind of city is Isca?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Derfel enjoy about Aque Sulis?
2. Where is Arthur told he can take refuge?
3. What does Sagramor and his men promise to do until Arthur leaves?
4. What causes most of the boats to overturn?
5. Who is the ghost fence erected for?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)