|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men arrive with Sagramor.
2. What is Issa's occupation?
(c) Chief aide.
3. What does Derfel call Nimue's followers?
(a) Blood lusters.
(b) Mad people.
4. What kind of boats are to be used in the battle at the end of the book?
(a) Cargo ships.
(b) Fishing boats.
(c) Viking boats.
5. What else is required of a Saxon to die in honor?
(a) He must be saying a Viking prayer.
(b) He must have children.
(c) He must be holding a sword.
(d) He must be sober.
6. Who catches Lancelot?
7. How long does Caddwg say he will need before he can do what Derfel tells him to do?
(a) One day.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six hours.
8. What part of Gwent's army is reluctant to attack?
(a) The flankmen.
(b) The spearmen.
(c) The horsemen.
(d) The arrowmen.
9. What message does Derfel ask Gwydre to give to Arthur at the end of the book?
(a) He forgives him.
(b) He loved him till the end.
(c) They will meet again.
(d) He will never falter.
10. Who is the father of Gwydre's wife?
11. What time of day do reinforcements arrive at the sea shore?
12. What signals the coming of the Saxons at the end of the book?
(b) Blasts on a horn.
13. What is the river that Derfel finds Caddwg on?
14. What do Arthur's men do to fight against the Druid spells?
(a) Recite counter-curses.
(b) Say prayers.
(c) Sing war songs.
(d) Put cotton in their ears.
15. Who dies with the bishop?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color do Gwent's men wear to the last battle?
2. What does the shrouded woman who tries to save Ceinwyn call herself?
3. What causes most of the boats to overturn?
4. What is done to Derfel to humiliate him by his captors?
5. Who kills Derfel's daughter?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)