|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Mynydd Baddon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Saxon army form when they see Arthur's army attacking them?
(a) An arrow volley.
(b) A series of lines.
(c) A flanked formation.
(d) A shield wall.
2. What important feast happens in the spring?
(a) The Feast of Indrian.
(b) The Feast of Icklian.
(c) The Feast of Ithyllian.
(d) The Feast of Imbolc.
3. What does the surprising thing at the end of Derfel's fight cause the Saxon king to do?
(a) Causes him to laugh as well.
(b) Allows him to leave in feast.
(c) Allows him to feast with him.
(d) Makes him execute the man himself.
4. What kind of man is Powys?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A servant.
(c) A jester.
(d) A monk.
5. What are the crosses on the shields symbolic of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does the Saxon army invade from?
2. What was the occupation of the narrator of this book?
3. What kind of armor do the Gwent soldiers wear?
4. What does the King give Derfel before he leaves?
5. How does Arthur respond to the request for Excalibur?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)