|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Mynydd Baddon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the surprising thing at the end of Derfel's fight cause the Saxon king to do?
(a) Makes him execute the man himself.
(b) Allows him to leave in feast.
(c) Allows him to feast with him.
(d) Causes him to laugh as well.
2. What kind of carts are used at the beginning of the attack on the fortress when Derfel is trapped?
(a) Ox carts.
(b) Horse carts.
(c) Hospital Carts.
(d) Storage Carts.
3. What does the King give Derfel before he leaves?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A pendant.
(d) A bracelet.
4. How does Derfel describe the day that the attack on the Saxons was begun?
5. What does Arthur want to do in order to win the war with the Saxons?
(a) Make a sneak attack.
(b) Hold a treaty meeting.
(c) Bribe one of the kings.
(d) Break the rules of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fortress made of that Derfel is trapped in?
2. How many columns are the Saxon armies divided into when they attack Derfel?
3. Where does Derfel give his message to the king?
4. How are Gawain and Arthur related?
5. What season does Derfel set out on his mission?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)