|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, The Fires of Mai Dun.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Druids usually sacrifice in their rituals?
(a) Traitors from other lands.
(b) Old kings and queens.
(d) The sons of kings.
2. How did Merlin make the naked woman glow?
(a) With a secretion of clams.
(b) With transluscent leaves.
(c) With a strange powder.
(d) With an old Roman spell.
3. What makes Derfel think Merlin can talk to the gods?
(a) The ability to read the minds of those around him.
(b) His garbled speech and hidden manners.
(c) His knowledge of who Gawain is.
(d) The appearance of the naked woman.
4. How does Arthur say Christians practice human sacrifice?
(a) The images of dead men.
(b) Christ's crucifixion.
(c) Their propensity for self flagellation.
(d) Worshipping dead saints.
5. Who does Derfel have to fight before conferring with the Saxon king?
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the narrator of this book?
2. What does Merlin do when he sees what Derfel has brought into the temple for him?
3. Why has Gawain been brought to the Temple of Mithras?
4. What does the King give Derfel before he leaves?
5. Who is at Aelle when Derfel gets there?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)