|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, The Fires of Mai Dun.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man is Powys?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A jester.
(c) A monk.
(d) A servant.
2. What surprising thing does Derfel do at the end of this fight in the Saxon Hall?
(a) Swears an oath.
(d) Spares the man's life.
3. What season does Derfel set out on his mission?
4. Why has Gawain been brought to the Temple of Mithras?
(a) To be a liaison for his father.
(b) To convince Arthur to perform a ritual.
(c) To be sacrificed.
(d) To kill the sacrificed persons.
5. Who is at Aelle when Derfel gets there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Derfel supposed to give the gift from the Saxon king to?
2. How old is Arthur's son at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Excalibur?
4. How many Saxon warriors are in the hall when Derfel gets there?
5. Who made the Temple of Mithras?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)