|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the people, Peron and Eva became _________ figures, who built their power around who they were, personality-wise.
2. Who would Eva treat as equals, no matter who they were or what was wrong with them?
(a) The rich.
(b) The non-Peronists.
(c) The poor.
(d) The dying.
3. What happened as a result of the announcement that Eva had died?
(a) Many businesses closed.
(b) The nation rejoiced.
(d) A statue was erected.
4. What happened to Eva after an event that began to change the way that she acted in the country?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She didn't make sense.
(c) She didn't listen to Peron.
(d) She left.
5. What did Peron remove from the laws during his term in office?
(a) Child labor laws.
(b) Voting rights.
(c) Environmental laws.
(d) Term limits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eva hire in order to help her write a book about her life?
2. How old was Eva when she died of her battle with cancer?
3. Who did people need to go to in order to get something from the foundation?
4. During 1952, the book reports that Eva only weighed ________ pounds.
5. To many Argentinians, Evita became a _______ for their country and their past.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eva and other female Peronists began to speak about?
2. What was the goal of the Eva Peron Foundation that was created, according to the book?
3. What were two of the laws that Peron pushed through during his presidency, one good and one with possible negative consequences?
4. What happened a minute after Eva's death, according to the book?
5. What happened during the time in which Eva was confined to bedrest?
6. What did Eva do that showed she considered the poor to be equals in society, according to the book?
7. What happened once the Argentine press was able to say anything it wanted to say?
8. What are some of the ways in which Argentines see Eva today?
9. What happened as a result of Peron confronting the Catholic Church in hopes of subordinating it to him?
10. What did the press have to say about the story when Eva fainted at an event?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)