|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The musical about Evita's life ushered in a time when popular culture was taking ________ less seriously.
(d) Other cultures.
2. Who was given the right to vote during the first term of Peron?
(a) Men without land.
(b) Those over 18.
3. The new presidency wanted to show that Dr. Ara was some sort of _________.
(a) Political miscreant.
4. For others, the idea of Evita conjures up the idea of a national _______ to be fought over.
5. During all of her illness, Eva decided that she wanted to __________ publicly.
6. For many, the struggle over Eva's body was a struggle for ___________ power.
(d) Political party.
7. Many say that Eva and Peron replaced the idea of ________ rule of law with something different.
8. Who created the film version of the musical, though it took a long time to create this script?
(a) Ron Howard.
(b) Oliver Stone.
(c) Steven Spielberg.
(d) The Coen Brothers.
9. While Eva wanted to be ________, many Argentinians resisted this idea, according to the book.
(a) Vice President.
(c) A general.
(d) Secretary of Labor.
10. What happened as a result of the announcement that Eva had died?
(a) The nation rejoiced.
(b) A statue was erected.
(d) Many businesses closed.
11. How long did the process Dr. Ara used take in order to make sure that Eva could be viewed for a long time?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One decade.
12. Who did Eva hire in order to help her write a book about her life?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) No one.
13. In many ways, Eva began to take on the qualities one might associate with a _________.
14. Eva helped to create a cult that supported ________, and she was the most active member.
15. Peron even went so far as to confront the __________ in order to subordinate it to him.
(a) Catholic Church.
(c) Radical Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. The foundation was designed to help supplement the poor ___________ distribution network.
2. To many Argentinians, Evita became a _______ for their country and their past.
3. The many last speeches that Eva gave seemed to be a managed melodrama that caused people to become frenzied with __________.
4. Evita, in the end, became _________, which seems to be what she wanted.
5. Many people in Argentina were facing lower standards of __________ than they were accustomed to.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)