|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The elites who controlled the government during the time of World War II were on the side of the __________.
2. How old was Evita's father when she was born into the family?
3. Evita was born in _______, just outside of Buenos Aires, according to the book.
(a) Los Almas.
(b) Los Toldos.
(c) La Tarado.
(d) Las Marlea.
4. Who got a job in a town that was twenty miles away so the family had to move?
5. Argentina was ________ during World War II, with different groups taking different sides.
(a) On the side of the Axis.
(c) On both sides.
(d) On the side of the Allies.
6. During what year did Juan Peron join the army, which was then influenced by the Germans?
7. In Argentina, the ________ class was formed by second and third generation immigrants.
8. The ___________ was the group of aristocratic families that owned massive amounts of land in the countryside.
(c) Radical party.
9. Who came for Peron in order to take him back to Buenos Aires and into custody?
10. Eventually, the _______ party decided to support Peron as he began to run for office in Argentina.
11. Where did Eva want the singer she fell in love with to take her?
(b) Brazil City.
(c) New York.
(d) Buenos Aires.
12. Peron decided to promise ________ to the people, even as he was leaving his office at the time.
(a) Lower working hours.
(b) More medical benefits.
(c) Higher wages.
(d) Lower wages.
13. Argentina was the _________ country in South America after World War II.
(c) Most unstable.
(d) Most stable.
14. Eva eventually became one of the highest paid __________ of the period.
(a) Radio actresses.
(b) Union reps.
(c) Public speakers.
15. Many of the Communists in the countries thought of Eva as a __________.
(c) Silly girl.
(d) Radio host.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group took power in Argentina in 1932, causing troubles to emerge in the country for the working class?
2. Who was given the post as the Private Presidential Secretary, which was seen as a poor choice?
3. Who moved to Buenos Aires in order to help Eva organize her own acting troupe?
4. What job did Eva's father leave her mother for, according to the book?
5. The dominant ideology in Argentina at the time was still 19th century _________, which affirmed the separation of church and state.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)