|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Judgment Day," where is Tanner ultimately buried?
(a) New York City
(c) On Foley's land
2. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what does Rufus read to Norton?
(a) Comic books
(b) The newspaper
(c) An encyclopedia
(d) The Bible
3. In the story "The Comforts of Home," where does Thomas finally find the sheriff?
(a) On the sidewalk outside of the barber shop
(b) At the barber shop
(c) At the courthouse
(d) In his police car
4. In the story "Revelation," what bothers Mrs. Turpin about the chair she has to sit in?
(a) She is overweight and it is difficult for her to fit into the chair.
(b) She is forced to talk with the white-trash woman.
(c) The chair is not near Claud.
(d) The chair is next to a boy with a cold.
5. In the story "The Comforts of Home," why does Thomas' mother say she cannot send Star back to jail?
(a) She believes Star did not commit any crime.
(b) She believes she can save Star's soul.
(c) It would be like sending her own sister to jail.
(d) It would be like sending her own child to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Revelation," what does Mrs. Turpin say distinguishes her farm's pigs from others?
2. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," what does Julian's mother do to punctuate her statement that it is hot?
3. In the story "Judgment Day," what does Tanner pin to his pocket before he leaves his daughter's apartment?
4. In the story "Revelation," how does Mrs. Turpin characterize the farm workers' compliments?
5. In the story "The Comforts of Home," what does Star wear when she enters Thomas' room late one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story "The Enduring Chill," how does the author characterize the relationship between Mary George and Asbury?
2. In the story "Judgment Day," what do the two notes that Tanner writes instruct their readers to do?
3. Describe Star's fictitious background in the story "The Comforts of Home."
4. In the story "Revelation," what bothers Mrs. Turpin about the teenage girl?
5. Describe social class from Mrs. Turpin's perspective as presented in the story "Revelation."
6. In the story "Judgement Day," how does Tanner die?
7. In the story "The Comforts of Home," what bothers Thomas about Star?
8. Describe Julian's mother's hat in the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge."
9. In the story "Judgment Day," what does Tanner say will happen on judgment day?
10. Describe Mary Fortune's appearance in the story "A View of the Woods."
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)