|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what does Sheppard put in the attic for Rufus to use?
(a) A telescope
(b) A bed
(c) A microscope
2. In the story "Judgment Day," where is Tanner living when his daughter finds him?
(a) In the family home
(b) In a shack he and Coleman built
(c) In a nursing home
(d) In the saw mill
3. In the story "Revelation," what does Mrs. Turpin say is the goal of all black people?
(a) To avoid working hard
(b) To make white people's lives miserable
(c) To make money
(d) To improve their color by marrying white people
4. In the story "Revelation," where does Mary Grace attend college?
(a) The local community college
(c) Massachusetts State
5. In the story "The Enduring Chill" who does Asbury say is his god?
(c) the Holy Ghost
6. In the story "A View of the Woods," which of the following is not an aspect of Tilman's business?
(a) Grocery store
(b) Gas station
(c) New car dealership
(d) Dance hall
7. In the story "The Enduring Chill," how do Randall and Morgan react when they see Asbury?
(a) They tell him he looks like he is going to die.
(b) They tell him he looks healthy.
(c) They are shocked by how sickly he looks.
(d) They are pleased to see their old friend.
8. In the story "Judgment Day," where does Tanner's daughter find him when she returns home from the grocery store?
(a) In Corinth
(b) In the stairwell of her apartment building
(c) In bed
(d) In her apartment
9. In the story "Greenleaf," what does Mrs. May think the reason is for E.T. and O.T. not coming to get their bull?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) They do not care about the bull.
(c) They want to ruin her farm.
(d) She was not clear how urgent the situation was.
10. In the story "A View of the Woods," what does Fortune do to teach Mary Fortune a lesson?
(a) Has her father arrested for assault
(b) Beats her head against a rock
(c) Sells the land in front of the Pitts home
(d) Beats her with his belt
11. In the story "A View of the Woods," what does Mary Fortune tell her grandfather would happen to anyone who beat her?
(a) She would beat them.
(b) She would report them to the police.
(c) She would tell him about the person.
(d) She would kill them.
12. In the story "Greenleaf," who does the bull belong to?
(a) Mr. Greenleaf
(b) O.T. & E.T. Greenleaf
(c) Mrs. May
(d) Scofield & Wesley
13. In the story "Greenleaf," what had the Greenleaf boys done to distinguish themselves?
(a) Gone into farming
(b) Helped their father get a job
(c) Supported their mother's faith healing
(d) Gone into the army
14. In the story "Judgment Day," where does Tanner think he is as he falls down the stairs?
(a) In his daughter's apartment
(b) In a coffin
(c) In the stairwell
(d) In his shack in Corinth
15. In the story "Judgment Day," what does Tanner do to keep his hands from shaking?
(a) Whittle figures out of wood
(b) Keep his fingers in his pockets
(c) Hold his hands behind his back
(d) Walk around
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," why does Sheppard give Rufus a key to his home?
2. In the story "The Enduring Chill," where does Asbury's friend Goetz take him to help him deal with death?
3. In the story "Judgment Day," where does Tanner think the black man living in his daughter's building originates from?
4. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what does Rufus read to Norton?
5. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," where does Julian say that "true culture" lies?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)