Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Parker's Back," what condition does Sarah Ruth set for telling Parker her name?
(a) She tells him he must not get any more tattoos.
(b) She tells him he must believe in Jesus.
(c) She tells him he must bring peaches to her house.
(d) She tells him he must tell her what his first two initials stand for.
2. In the story "Parker's Back," why does Parker say "long views" depress him?
(a) They encourage people to take long walks.
(b) They make him think of the future.
(c) They remind him of what he does not have.
(d) They make him feel as if someone is after him.
3. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," what does Julian do when they get on the bus that embarrasses his mother?
(a) He takes off his hat.
(b) He sits next to a black man.
(c) He refuses to sit next to his mother.
(d) He loosens and takes off his tie.
4. In the story "Parker's Back," what does Parker propose to try and encourage Sarah Ruth to look at his tattoos?
(a) Getting a tattoo of the Bible on his back
(b) Getting a tattoo of Jesus on his back
(c) Seeing the religious symbolism in his tattoos
(d) Getting a tattoo of her on his back
5. In the story "Parker's Back," what does Parker say is different about the experience of having his back tattooed?
(a) He is much less reluctant to have the tattoo done.
(b) It is much more painful than his previous tattoos.
(c) It is much more meaningful than his previous tattoos.
(d) He is more alert and awake.
6. In the story "A View of the Woods," what does Fortune do to teach Mary Fortune a lesson?
(a) Beats her head against a rock
(b) Sells the land in front of the Pitts home
(c) Beats her with his belt
(d) Has her father arrested for assault
7. In the story "Revelation," what does the white-trash woman propose doing to all black people?
(a) Hiring them as farm hands
(b) Making them slaves again
(c) Sending them back to Africa
(d) Treating them equally
8. In the story "The Comforts of Home," how is Thomas like his deceased father?
(a) Both were foolish
(b) Both were ruthless
(c) Both were lawyers
(d) Both were rational and practical
9. In the story "Judgment Day," why does Tanner think the black man in his building does not respond to him when he first speaks to him?
(a) He believes the man is deaf and dumb.
(b) He believes the man is racist.
(c) He believes the man cannot understand him.
(d) He believes the man thinks he is superior to Tanner.
10. In the story "A View of the Woods," what does Pitts say to Mary Fortune before he whips her?
(a) Nobody beat me.
(b) Come with me.
(c) I'm going to whip you.
(d) You're in big trouble.
11. In the story "Revelation," which of the following is not a compliment the farm workers give Mrs. Turpin?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She is generous.
(c) She is stout.
(d) She is pretty.
12. In the story "Judgment Day," where is Tanner ultimately buried?
(a) New York City
(d) On Foley's land
13. In the story "A View of the Woods," why does Fortune say he would never hit Mary Fortune?
(a) He is in love with the girl.
(b) She treats the girl as if she is his own.
(c) She is intelligent and can be taught.
(d) She is his likeness.
14. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what does Sheppard believe Norton will become when he grows up?
(a) A criminal
(b) An astronaut
(c) A scientist
(d) A banker
15. In the story "The Enduring Chill," how do Randall and Morgan react when they see Asbury?
(a) They are pleased to see their old friend.
(b) They tell him he looks like he is going to die.
(c) They tell him he looks healthy.
(d) They are shocked by how sickly he looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Judgment Day," why does Tanner not write his true feelings about NYC in his postcard to Coleman and Hooten ?
2. In the story "The Comforts of Home," who kills Thomas' mother?
3. In the story "Judgment Day," where is Tanner living when his daughter finds him?
4. In the story "The Comforts of Home," what nickname does Star give Thomas?
5. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," what gives Julian's mother pleasure about his "success"?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)