|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "The Comforts of Home," how does Star gain entrance into Thomas' home the second time?
(a) She rents a room from his mother.
(b) She is placed there by social services.
(c) She is arrested and his mother bails her out of jail.
(d) She is thrown out of a boarding house for being drunk.
2. In the story "Parker's Back," what draws Parker to the design he plans on having tattooed on his back?
(a) The burning bush
(b) Jesus' eyes
(c) The crown of thorns
(d) The religious symbolism
3. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what does Sheppard do at the reformatory?
(a) He coaches a little league baseball team.
(b) He is a counselor.
(c) He teaches the students.
(d) He is the recreational director.
4. In the story "Revelation," what bothers Mrs. Turpin about the chair she has to sit in?
(a) The chair is next to a boy with a cold.
(b) The chair is not near Claud.
(c) She is forced to talk with the white-trash woman.
(d) She is overweight and it is difficult for her to fit into the chair.
5. In the story "A View of the Woods," which of the following is not an aspect of Tilman's business?
(a) Gas station
(b) Dance hall
(c) New car dealership
(d) Grocery store
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "The Enduring Chill," what does Mrs. Fox believe is wrong with Asbury?
2. In the story "A View of the Woods," what color does Fortune think the woods turn one evening?
3. In the story "The Enduring Chill," where does Asbury do research for the play he is writing?
4. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," which of the following is not an aspect of her family's past that impresses Julian's mother?
5. In the story "Revelation," what does Mrs. Turpin say is the goal of all black people?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)