|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what does Sheppard put in the attic for Rufus to use?
(b) A bed
(c) A telescope
(d) A microscope
2. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," why does the black woman become angry with her son?
(a) She believes he likes Julian's mother better than him.
(b) She believes he is misbehaving on the bus.
(c) He refuses to sit with her.
(d) He is talking to a white woman.
3. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," what gives Julian's mother pleasure about his "success"?
(a) She has struggled to ensure he would have a good upbringing.
(b) He was able to attend a good college.
(c) She had the money to provide for him.
(d) He has returned home to her.
4. In the story "Greenleaf," why is Mrs. May concerned about the bull being on her farm?
(a) She is concerned he will destroy her crops.
(b) She is concerned that the bull will eat her hedges.
(c) She is worried that he will breed with her cows.
(d) She is worried that the bull will knock down her barn.
5. In the story "The Enduring Chill," what does Asbury leave for his mother to open when he dies?
(a) A present from New York City
(b) The manuscript of his play
(c) A collection of his poems
(d) A letter written in two notebooks
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "The Comforts of Home," what does Star threaten to do if Thomas throws her out of the house?
2. In the story "The Enduring Chill," why does Mrs. Fox suggest inviting Mr. Bush to the house?
3. In the story "The Comforts of Home," what does Star steal from Thomas?
4. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," why does it bother Julian's mother that the large black woman sits next to him?
5. In the story "The Comforts of Home," what is Thomas' mother's favorite nice thing to do for people?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)