|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what does Rufus read to Norton?
(a) The newspaper
(b) The Bible
(c) An encyclopedia
(d) Comic books
2. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what is Rufus Johnson's IQ?
3. In the story "Parker's Back," where does Parker go after the tree catches on fire?
(a) To a bar
(b) To his boss' house
(d) To a tattoo parlor
4. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," why does Julian prefer the old family mansion?
(a) It is far from where he currently lives.
(b) It represents the destruction of the family heritage.
(c) It represents his family's history.
(d) It is old and threadbare.
5. In the story "The Comforts of Home," why does Thomas threaten to leave his mother's home?
(a) Because she continues to let Star live there
(b) Because she wants him to date Star
(c) Because she has given Star a key to their home
(d) Because she has bailed Star out of jail
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Greenleaf," how do the May boys treat their mother?
2. In the story "Greenleaf" how does Mrs. May die?
3. In the story "Greenleaf," what does Mrs. May think the reason is for E.T. and O.T. not coming to get their bull?
4. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," what is the name of the young boy who sits next to Julian's mother?
5. In the story "Revelation," what does Mrs. Turpin say distinguishes her farm's pigs from others?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)