|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Greenleaf," what concerns Mrs. May about her sons getting married?
(a) She is concerned that they will marry black women.
(b) She is concerned that they will never marry.
(c) She is worried they will marry trashy women who will inherit her farm.
(d) She is worried that they will leave her alone on the farm when they marry.
2. In the story "Greenleaf," who does the bull belong to?
(a) Mr. Greenleaf
(b) Scofield & Wesley
(c) Mrs. May
(d) O.T. & E.T. Greenleaf
3. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what does Sheppard do at the reformatory?
(a) He is a counselor.
(b) He coaches a little league baseball team.
(c) He is the recreational director.
(d) He teaches the students.
4. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," why does Sheppard give Rufus a key to his home?
(a) To encourage him to come and play with his son
(b) To see if he will steal anything from Sheppard's home
(c) To show his confidence in him
(d) To show him he intends to adopt him
5. In the story "Parker's Back," what does Parker propose to try and encourage Sarah Ruth to look at his tattoos?
(a) Getting a tattoo of Jesus on his back
(b) Getting a tattoo of her on his back
(c) Getting a tattoo of the Bible on his back
(d) Seeing the religious symbolism in his tattoos
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Judgment Day," what does Tanner use to keep his workers at the saw mill in line?
2. In the story "Greenleaf," why is Mrs. May concerned about the bull being on her farm?
3. In the story "The Enduring Chill," why does Asbury not want to see Dr. Block?
4. In the story "The Comforts of Home," how is Thomas like his deceased father?
5. In the story "Revelation," how does the doctor subdue the teenage girl?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)