|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Greenleaf," why do the May boys begin fighting during dinner one night?
(a) Wesley is angry at Scofield for upsetting their mother.
(b) Scofield insults Wesley's career.
(c) Scofield is angry at Wesley for upsetting their mother.
(d) They cannot decide who will be responsible for removing the bull from the property.
2. In the story "A View of the Woods," why does Fortune think Mary Fortune allows her father to beat her?
(a) She wants to anger her grandfather.
(b) She is afraid of her father.
(c) She respects her father.
(d) She is a weak child.
3. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," why does Sheppard give Rufus a key to his home?
(a) To encourage him to come and play with his son
(b) To show his confidence in him
(c) To see if he will steal anything from Sheppard's home
(d) To show him he intends to adopt him
4. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," why does Sheppard not go into Norton's room after talking with Rufus about whether or not he was at the movies with his son?
(a) He is angry at Norton.
(b) He does not want to know what Rufus did instead of going to the movies.
(c) He favors Rufus over Norton.
(d) He does not want Rufus to think he does not trust him.
5. In the story "The Enduring Chill" who does Asbury say is his god?
(a) the Holy Ghost
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Enduring Chill," where is Asbury returning to his hometown from at the beginning of the story?
2. In the story "Parker's Back," how does Parker's wife characterize his tattoos?
3. In the story "Judgment Day," where does Tanner's daughter find him when she returns home from the grocery store?
4. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," which of the following is not an aspect of her family's past that impresses Julian's mother?
5. In the story "Revelation," why is Claud visiting the doctor?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)