|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Greenleaf," what does Scofield do for a living?
(a) He is an insurance salesman specializing in insurance for white people.
(b) He is an insurance salesman specializing in insurance for black people.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a college professor.
2. In the story "The Enduring Chill," what illness does Dr. Block diagnose Asbury as having?
(b) a respiratory infection
(c) a nervous breakdown
(d) undulant fever
3. In the story "Parker's Back," what draws Parker to the design he plans on having tattooed on his back?
(a) The religious symbolism
(b) The crown of thorns
(c) Jesus' eyes
(d) The burning bush
4. In the story "The Comforts of Home," which of the following is not one of the suggestions Thomas makes for getting rid of Star?
(a) Sending her to a hotel
(b) Renting her a room in boarding house
(c) Having her arrested
(d) Taking her to the hospital
5. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what is Rufus Johnson's IQ?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Greenleaf," what creature is plaguing Mrs. May's hedges?
2. In the story "Greenleaf" how does Mrs. May die?
3. In the story "Greenleaf," how do the May boys treat their mother?
4. In the story "Judgment Day," what does Tanner recite as he attempts to leave his daughter's apartment for good?
5. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," what is Julian's career goal?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)