|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Parker's Back," what does Parker propose to try and encourage Sarah Ruth to look at his tattoos?
(a) Seeing the religious symbolism in his tattoos
(b) Getting a tattoo of Jesus on his back
(c) Getting a tattoo of the Bible on his back
(d) Getting a tattoo of her on his back
2. In the story "Judgment Day," who owns the land that Tanner and Coleman live on?
(a) His daughter
3. In the story "A View of the Woods," what does Mary Fortune tell her grandfather would happen to anyone who beat her?
(a) She would report them to the police.
(b) She would kill them.
(c) She would beat them.
(d) She would tell him about the person.
4. In the story "Parker's Back," why are Sarah Ruth and Parker married in a courthouse?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) He does not believe in church weddings.
(c) She believes churches are idolatrous.
(d) They are in a hurry.
5. In the story "A View of the Woods," what does Fortune do to teach Mary Fortune a lesson?
(a) Beats her head against a rock
(b) Beats her with his belt
(c) Has her father arrested for assault
(d) Sells the land in front of the Pitts home
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Greenleaf," what creature is plaguing Mrs. May's hedges?
2. In the story "The Comforts of Home," what does Star threaten to do if Thomas throws her out of the house?
3. In the story "Greenleaf," who does Mrs. May blame for Mr. Greenleaf having to shoot the bull?
4. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," how does Julian's mother characterize all children?
5. In the story "Revelation," how does the doctor subdue the teenage girl?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)