|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what does Sheppard put in the attic for Rufus to use?
(a) A bed
(b) A telescope
(d) A microscope
2. In the story "Greenleaf," what creature is plaguing Mrs. May's hedges?
(a) A bull
(b) A horse
(c) A cow
(d) A gopher
3. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," why does Norton spend so much time looking through the telescope?
(a) He believes his father will like him more if he does so.
(b) He thinks he sees his mother in the stars.
(c) He is interested in astronomy.
(d) He wants to be an astronaut.
4. In the story "The Comforts of Home," what does Star threaten to do if Thomas throws her out of the house?
(a) Steal their money
(b) Report him to the police
(c) Kill his mother
(d) Commit suicide
5. In the story "The Enduring Chill," where does Asbury's friend Goetz take him to help him deal with death?
(a) To a Buddhist temple
(b) To visit a Catholic priest
(c) To a Hindu lecture
(d) To a hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Greenleaf," what does Mrs. May tell Mr. Greenleaf he will be doing because he did not return the bull to his sons' farm?
2. In the story "A View of the Woods," what does Fortune attempt to buy for Mary Fortune to appease her?
3. In the story "The Enduring Chill," why does Asbury's sister travel to the train station with his mother?
4. In the story "Greenleaf," what does Mrs. May think the reason is for E.T. and O.T. not coming to get their bull?
5. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," why does Sheppard invite Rufus to live with he and Norton?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)