|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," what happens to Julian's mother after the black woman slaps her?
(a) She has a stroke.
(b) She picks herself up and walks away with dignity.
(c) She goes to the Y for her class.
(d) She returns home on the bus.
2. In the story "Greenleaf," what does Mrs. May think the reason is for E.T. and O.T. not coming to get their bull?
(a) They do not care about the bull.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) They want to ruin her farm.
(d) She was not clear how urgent the situation was.
3. In the story "The Comforts of Home," what nickname does Star give Thomas?
4. In the story "A View of the Woods," why does Fortune think Mary Fortune allows her father to beat her?
(a) She wants to anger her grandfather.
(b) She respects her father.
(c) She is a weak child.
(d) She is afraid of her father.
5. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what does Rufus do when he first comes into Norton's home that makes him angry?
(a) Goes into Norton's mother's room
(b) Orders Norton to make him a sandwich
(c) Speaks disrespectfully to Leola
(d) Lays down in Norton's bed
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Revelation," which of the following is not a compliment the farm workers give Mrs. Turpin?
2. In the story "A View of the Woods," what ultimately happens to Mary Fortune?
3. In the story "The Enduring Chill," where does Asbury do research for the play he is writing?
4. In the story "The Comforts of Home," where does Thomas finally find the sheriff?
5. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," how does Julian's mother characterize all children?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)