|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "The Comforts of Home," why does Thomas' mother say she cannot send Star back to jail?
(a) It would be like sending her own child to jail.
(b) She believes she can save Star's soul.
(c) She believes Star did not commit any crime.
(d) It would be like sending her own sister to jail.
2. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," what does Julian's mother insist on doing when she exits the bus that Julian wishes she would not?
(a) Insult the black woman sitting across from her on the bus
(b) Kiss the black boy sitting near her on the bus
(c) Give the black boy sitting near her on the bus money
(d) Talk to the black woman sitting across from her on the bus
3. In the story "Greenleaf," how do the May boys treat their mother?
(a) They respect her and treat her well.
(b) They idolize her.
(c) They are vicious and violent towards her.
(d) They mock her and take her for granted.
4. In the story "The Enduring Chill," what does Asbury convince the farm workers to do that contaminates the milk?
(a) Drink from the containers of fresh milk
(b) Feed the cows onions
(c) Milk the cows improperly
(d) Smoke in the milking room
5. In the story "Parker's Back," how does the tree catch on fire?
(a) Lightening strikes the tree.
(b) Parker runs into it with the tractor.
(c) Parker lights it on fire.
(d) A spark from a rock hits the tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "A View of the Woods," what does Fortune do to teach Mary Fortune a lesson?
2. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," how much did Julian's mother pay for her new hat?
3. In the story "A View of the Woods," who does the Pitts family blame for Fortune wanting to sell the lot in front of their home?
4. In the story "Revelation," where does Mrs. Turpin go when Claud takes the farm workers home?
5. In the story "A View of the Woods," why does Fortune visit the courthouse?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)