|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Judgment Day," where does Tanner's daughter find him when she returns home from the grocery store?
(a) In Corinth
(b) In her apartment
(c) In the stairwell of her apartment building
(d) In bed
2. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," why does Sheppard invite Rufus to live with he and Norton?
(a) To have another person to help with the household chores
(b) To teach Norton how to share
(c) To provide Norton with a live-in playmate
(d) To provide Rufus with a safe home
3. In the story "A View of the Woods," why does Fortune think Mary Fortune allows her father to beat her?
(a) She respects her father.
(b) She wants to anger her grandfather.
(c) She is afraid of her father.
(d) She is a weak child.
4. In the story "Greenleaf," what does Mrs. May tell Mr. Greenleaf he will be doing because he did not return the bull to his sons' farm?
(a) He will be looking for another job because she is firing him.
(b) He will be docked wages to pay for repairs on her farm.
(c) He will have to take it back to their farm before he does any other work.
(d) He will have to shoot it.
5. In the story "Judgment Day," where does Tanner think he is as he falls down the stairs?
(a) In the stairwell
(b) In his daughter's apartment
(c) In his shack in Corinth
(d) In a coffin
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Revelation," what does the teenage girl call Mrs. Turpin?
2. In the story "A View of the Woods," how does Fortune characterize Mary Fortune when she attacks him?
3. In the story "Parker's Back," where does Parker go after the tree catches on fire?
4. In the story "Greenleaf," who does Mrs. May blame for Mr. Greenleaf having to shoot the bull?
5. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," why do the police first bring Rufus to Sheppard's home?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)