|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "A View of the Woods," why does Mary Fortune tell her grandfather to remove his glasses?
(a) She plans on killing him for beating her.
(b) She does not want him to see her attack him.
(c) She does not want them to get wet.
(d) She does not want him to see her crying.
2. In the story "A View of the Woods," what does Mary Fortune tell Fortune will happen if he leaves her in the car while he is in Tilman's?
(a) She will leave.
(b) She will be beaten by her father.
(c) She will cry.
(d) She will never speak to him again.
3. In "The Lame Shall Enter First," what disability does Rufus have?
(a) He only has one leg.
(b) He has a club foot.
(c) He has only one foot.
(d) He walks with a limp.
4. In the story "The Comforts of Home," what does Star wear when she enters Thomas' room late one night?
(a) A short dress
(b) A robe
(c) A nightgown
5. In the story "Judgment Day," what does Tanner make for Coleman when he first talks to him?
(a) A pair of glasses
(c) A shack
(d) A figurine of an animal
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Judgment Day," where does Tanner's daughter find him when she returns home from the grocery store?
2. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," what does Julian say to the black man sitting next to him to try and upset his mother?
3. In the story "Greenleaf," why does Mrs. May go to the Greenleaf boys' farm?
4. In the story "The Enduring Chill," what illness does Dr. Block diagnose Asbury as having?
5. In the story "Parker's Back," why does Sarah Ruth throw Parker out of the house?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)