|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Greenleaf," what does Scofield do for a living?
(a) He is a college professor.
(b) He is an insurance salesman specializing in insurance for white people.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is an insurance salesman specializing in insurance for black people.
2. In the story "A View of the Woods," what ultimately happens to Mary Fortune?
(a) She stops spending time with Fortune.
(b) She runs away.
(c) Her father kills her.
(d) Her grandfather kills her.
3. In the story "The Comforts of Home," how does Star's lawyer characterize her?
(a) As needing to go into a mental institution
(b) As being a helpless victim of circumstance
(c) As having a psychopathic personality
(d) As being a career criminal
4. In the story "Revelation," what does Mrs. Turpin say distinguishes her farm's pigs from others?
(a) They are clean.
(b) They have more meat on them.
(c) They have their own barn.
(d) They only raise a few of them a year.
5. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," how does Julian characterize his trips with his mother to the Y?
(a) As a necessary action to ensure her health
(b) As torture
(c) As a sacrifice for her happiness
(d) As a pleasure
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Greenleaf," why do the May boys begin fighting during dinner one night?
2. In the story "The Enduring Chill," who does Asbury ask his mother to invite to their home?
3. In the story "Parker's Back," why are Sarah Ruth and Parker married in a courthouse?
4. In the story "Judgment Day," once Tanner is in NYC what does he wish he had done?
5. In the story "Everything That Rises Must Converge," how much did Julian's mother pay for her new hat?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)