|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Primrose wake up after being injured?
2. Who does Uncle Jack rescue from the fire?
3. How does Uncle Jack get injured in the fire?
4. What does Uncle Jack have for dinner?
5. What does Miss Honeycut do that shows she wants to get rid of Primrose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the guinea pig's cage catch on fire?
2. What is unique about the food at Miss Bowzer's restaurant?
3. How does Primrose end up in the hosptial in Chapter 8?
4. What does Primrose believe Miss Honeycut's motive was when she put together a file for Children and Family services?
5. How does Miss Honeycut try to get Primrose out of the way so she can have a relationship with Uncle Jack?
6. In Chapter 8, what does Miss Perfidy suggest has happened to Primrose's sweaters?
7. In Chapter 11, what does Uncle Jack suggest that Primrose do on her daily trips to the pier, and what is the result?
8. Does Miss Honeycut believe in intuition?
9. What does Miss Honeycut mean when she says that Primrose attacked a "small, helpless animal"?
10. How do Primrose and Uncle Jack disagree about Miss Bowzer's practice of serving everything on a waffle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Miss Perfidy and Miss Honeycut are involved in Primrose's life, but they have very different personalities. Compare and contrast Miss Honeycut and Miss Perfidy. How does each change over the course of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the people in Coal Harbour are a little odd, including Miss Perfidy, Miss Bowzer, Miss Honeycut, Primrose's mother and Primrose.
Part 1) List some of the unusual traits of these characters. How do they change the story? Would it be more entertaining or less entertaining?
Part 2) Would Primrose miss her mother as much if she was more like other people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When a raincoat belonging to Primrose's mother is found at sea near a deserted island, it means very different things to different characters.
Part 1) What does the raincoat mean to the sheriff? Who shares his interpretation?
Part 2) What does the raincoat mean to Primrose, and why?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)