|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Primrose and Uncle Jack meet at dinner after the guinea pig incident?
2. Where do Evie and Bert take Primrose for comfort food?
3. Who do Evie, Bert and Primrose meet at dinner?
4. Why does Primrose try to cut the guinea pig's hair?
5. What does Primrose think about Miss Bowzer's habit of serving everything on a waffle?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Miss Honeycut bring Primrose from the other children when she visits the hospital?
2. How does Primrose end up in the hosptial in Chapter 8?
3. Before she is put in the hospital, what is Miss Perfidy's garbled version of Primrose's story?
4. What are two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 11 and 12?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Miss Perfidy suggest has happened to Primrose's sweaters?
6. What does Primrose believe Miss Honeycut's motive was when she put together a file for Children and Family services?
7. Where do Evie and Bert take Primrose for "comfort food"?
8. How is being in foster care different than Primrose expected?
9. When Primrose sees orcas swimming in the ocean, who do they remind her of?
10. What is Miss Perfidy's very unusual mental condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lena of the recipe for Lena's Boiled Potatoes? How did she become involved in potatoes and what was the result? What was Primrose's role in the potato fiasco?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character Miss Honeycut change during the novel?
Part 1) What is Primrose's impression of Miss Honeycut at the beginning of the book?
Part 2) How has that impression changed by the end of the book?
Part 3) Which impression of Miss Honeycut is more accurate?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the important role of food in the book. Why is everything served on a waffle in Miss Bowzer's restaurant? Why does Primrose keep a recipe journal? What role do cinnamon rolls have in showing houses? What recipes are included? What are some of the specific foods served on a waffle? What is the meaning of the phrase "comfort food" and how does it relate to this story?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)