|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack try to do at Miss Honeycut's dinner?
2. Where does Primrose wake up after being injured?
3. Where does The Girl on the Red Swing Restaurant get its name?
4. How is Primrose injured outside the "cinnamon house"?
5. Does Miss Honeycut believe in intuition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Evie and Bert take Primrose for "comfort food"?
2. When Primrose sees orcas swimming in the ocean, who do they remind her of?
3. How does Miss Honeycut try to get Primrose out of the way so she can have a relationship with Uncle Jack?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Miss Perfidy suggest has happened to Primrose's sweaters?
5. How is the mystery of the missing sweaters finally solved?
6. How does Primrose end up in the hosptial in Chapter 8?
7. What does Miss Honeycut mean when she says that Primrose attacked a "small, helpless animal"?
8. What are some of the activities in which adults try to involve Primrose?
9. In Chapter 8, what does Miss Honeycut bring Primrose from the other children when she visits the hospital?
10. How does the guinea pig's cage catch on fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the personality of Sheriff Peters in the story, especially his role in the discovery of the raincoat. Could he have done a better job of looking for Primrose's parents? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the light tone of the book.
Part 1) What techniques does the author use to achieve that tone?
Part 2) Are some of the topics discussed serious?
Essay Topic 3
When Primrose's parents disappear, no one knows quite what to do with her. There is a lot of debate about where she should live.
Part 1) Compare and contrast Primrose's living situations with Miss Perfidy, Uncle Jack and her foster parents, Evie and Bert. What are the good points of each? What are the bad points?
Part 2) Although Uncle Jack is at first reluctant to be Primrose's guardian, eventually he agrees. Does he do a good job or a bad job? Explain why you think so.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)